Survivalist Forum banner

Firearm �they� should make but don�t

8K views 129 replies 53 participants last post by  Mr. Sockpuppet 
#1 ·
Firearm ‘they’ should make but don’t

Just because no real reason but

M1 Carbine in 10 MM that feeds from Glock Magazines

how about the same thing in 44 mag – it won’t run glock magazines but still – think Ruger Deerfield on stearoids

#6 ·

how about the same thing in 44 mag – it won’t run glock magazines but still – think Ruger Deerfield on stearoids
What's the advantage of 10mm over .30 Carbine? Just diameter? .30 Carbine is a good, underrated round IMO.

But yeah, would be cool for somebody to make a modernized version of the M1 Carbine that works with various pistol calibers, using Glock magazines when applicable.

#28 ·
Any and all variations of the CBJ MS firing the family of CBJ 6.5mm x 25mm rounds. Plus a few of my own design ideas.

http://gotavapen.se/gota/cbj/cbj_crtg.htm

http://www.gotavapen.se/gota/cbj/cbj_syst.htm

And, of course, my old standards:

Following are some of my ideas of custom items I'd like to see produced.

Quality first and foremost. Suitability to the task, multi-purpose if possible, finally light weight.

Main Battle Rifle (7.62x51 MBR): .308 adjustable gas piston select fire action with non-reciprocating ambidextrous charging handle, auto hold open on empty magazine. Ambidextrous bolt release. Ambidextrous safety. Forward assist. M-14 stripper clip guide and M-14 sights. 22” barrel with the tri-compensator of the BM-59/62 with bayonet lug to take a 12” OKC-3S style bayonet. A full-length barrel-in-line polymer stock with pistol grip and integrated picatinny rails that do not interfere with the stripper clip feed. Accept a bipod. Use M-14 free fall magazines with bolt hold open followers, and have an ambidextrous magazine release.

‘Scout’ Rifle: .350 Remington Magnum lever action rifle based on the combined features of the Savage 99, Browning BLR, & Johnson 1941 rifle, w/Integrally suppressed 20" barrel, off-set stripper clip and single round loading 10-round rotary magazine with cutoff, ghost ring peep sights, Leupold Mark 4 1-3x14 CQ-T QD scope on receiver on see-through mount w/ATN PS40-4 Night Vision front scope system, three point sling on push-button swivels, polymer Mannlicher fore stock w/attachment for custom 12" OKC-3S bayonet, polymer in-line butt stock w/internal recoil reducer and recoil reducing butt pad, 24-round tip out butt stock shell carrier w/20-rounds .350 Remington Magnum + 4 .380 ACP adapters w/.380 ACP rounds

Hunting/sniping rifle: Remington 700 long action, Douglas 24” .30-‘06 Springfield barrel, 10-round box magazine, Hogue over molded stock, Bushnell Elite 2.5-10 x 50mm rifle scope, on see through scope mount, rear peep sight, ramped gold bead front sight, push button sling swivels, custom leather rifle sling, custom leather LBE

A new shotgun shell: 20mm bore, 1½” long rimless brass case, with slight crimp over top wad

Custom Dual-purpose Shotgun for 20mm 1½” shotgun shells: adjustable gas operating system, switchable side eject, box magazines (2-round for migratory birds, 4-round for other hunting, 10-round for defense), (20-round and 30-round drum magazines for defense), easy switch barrels (18.1”, 24”, 26”) with ventilated Poly-Chokes, switchable pistol grip/straight line grip, folding stock with internal recoil reducer and recoil reducing butt pad

Hi-cap handguns: .50 GI weapons similar to the Para-Ordnance P-14/P-12/P-10 series w/9/8/7 round standard magazines and 20-round & 30-round extended magazines. Extra barrel, slide, and magazines for .45ACP for each. Plenty of magazines

.50GI ammunition in addition to FMJ: shot shell, red flare, white flare, green flare

Derringer frames with .50GI & .45 ACP barrels

All-game hunting gun: An inexpensive (relatively speaking) version of a Peter Hofer funfling. 12-ga x 12-ga 3” Magnum w/.375 H&H Mag over .30-’06 over .22 Hornet. Carved fancy wood stock, engraved and inlaid metalwork. 20-ga and .410 chamber adapters for the 12-ga barrels. Swarovski Z6 2.5-15x56 scope on see through mounts. Peep sights. Custom carved leather sling w/flush QD swivels. Custom leather money belt w/12 gauge ammunition slide, .375 H&H Magnum/.30-‘06/.22 Hornet ammunition slide.

3-barrel 12 gauge Whippet shotgun w/20-ga, .45 Colt, .44 Magnum, .357 Magnum, 9mmP, & .22RF adapters.

Just my opinion.

#75 ·
#31 ·
It's already a real gun but they dont really exist in the US at all so it might as well be make-believe: I'd really like to own a Sako M92S, the civilian version of the Rk95 Tp.

Similar. I wish Ruger would bring back their PC carbines but made to take Glock magazines. A 10mm would be great!

Modern offering in 762 Tokarev (Glock, Sig, HK, CZ, SW, etc.).
Yes please!

A Ruger GSR without the hideous ten round box magazine...hanging down just in the way. Should have used an internal magazine....using stripper clips to reload...the stripper guide incorporated into the peep sight base....so if you choose to use a scope...
Use a 3 round magazine if it's in your way. The polymer magazines can be loaded from stripper clips if a person wants to.

In the gun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXKchesI2Gg

Out of the gun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEfE_Ql1-v4

#36 ·
with enblocks loaded in the top you cant put any sort of optics over top, why not a side loaded enblock then? it wouldnt be THAT bulky, and would leave the top open for optics.. or even the 1941 johnson type of rotary magazine loaded with strippers from the side.. something like a scaled down 1941 johnson could be cool, and a short-stroke recoil operated rifle like the johnson should still be capable of 2 MOA.. afterall the 1941 out shot the garand, and even the barret 50 cal sniper rifles are recoil operated too

recoil operation might be better for other pistol calibers than the M1 carbine since most dont have enough gas to cycle a rifle action, and straight blowbacks for something like a 10mm would add another 1-1.5lbs of mass.. the other option to achieve the best of both with smaller calibers would be delayed blowback

i wouldnt be opposed to a stripper/enbloc fed weapon in 5.56/5.45/7.62x39 as a general purpose outdoor rifle, assuming it was more reliable than the POS mini-14, and id still be using AKs if fighting was inevitable

#39 ·
They make a nice little 5 rd mag for the mini and it makes a nice slim trim hunter. Stick in a 20 rounder and it is a very credible fighting rifle.

You are tied to 8 rounds in the M1, You can't mount a scope where it should be, The rifle is bulky at the balance to hold the 8 rds of 30-06. The clips are hard to reload with loose ammo. Shoot a few rounds out of an M1 and you've got a problem if you want to put in a full clip. If you make a mistake loading an M1, you get a mashed finger.

I think I may be one of very few people [other than lifers who served during the right years] who has trained with M1, M14, and M16. M1 in college ROTC, M14 in basic training, and M16 in AIT. I'm glad they gave us M16's in Nam, where we carried 100# packs.

#76 ·
Or anything else....

Despite the internet commandos Call of Duty dreams, Mini's can be fairly criticized for some things but reliability overall isn't one of them. I personally saw department training guns with well in excess of 100K through them still chunking along. Shooting buckshot size groups with shot out barrels, but still working.

Reactions: John_Auberry
#42 ·
why's everyone got such a hardon for the glock mags? Is it just that you happen to be a Glock owner and have a ****-ton of mags laying around? Are they a superior magazine? (that's a dumb question, I guess . . . according to the fanboys, just having "Glock" stamped on the side makes it superior ;))

I wish I'd bought one of those Ruger P-carbines back when they came out. With all the mags I have for my P89 it would be a blast.

Just another one of those things that I figured they'd always make one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.