Survivalist Forum banner

Fake Debt

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  BJJ_Grappler 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Wow, that guy had an obsession. And not in a bad way. Kind of reminds me of the movie Taken. Thanks for the link.

#5 ·
Yeah I've heard of a couple of people who got bothering calls about debts they didn't owe. Fortunately my state is pretty rabid about threats and rudeness from collectors.

I've gotten calls for my mother, who hasn't been responsible for her own finances for ten years. They try to tell me she owes a bill and I just tell them to send it in writing through the post office. So far, nobody has sent anything so you know it's a scam. If you have, or are, elderly they are the favourite target of all sorts of cons.

#8 ·
I had one call me a few weeks ago, I didn't take the call as I was driving so it went to voice mail, Something about troubling documents they received. Called the number back when I got home and they told me I had a an outstanding debt from Radio Shack for 738 Dollars, I couldn't help it, I just started laughing and they hung up on me, How Rude, So I tried to call the number again and got the "Your call can not be completed as dialed".

5 Jan, Received another one from someone stating they were from Chase services or something stating I owed 1804 dollars and If I didn't pay it on the spot they were going to initiate litigation against me. I told them to get hot. Call came in from Gadsden, Alabama.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.