Survivalist Forum banner

How we can expect people to act when SHTF-hawaii

5K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  ForgedInTheFlame 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I waa going to start a thread on this, glad I rolled across it. These are those situations that rarely make the news...and happen quite a bit in certain areas.

But as to this action in their current situation, this shows what can happen to ourselves against each other in emergency situations. Now, I dont know any backstory other than the unarmed individual stated he was a neighbor. Dont know if theyve had previous run ins or anything of that sort.

But, this is why I say Im more nervous of the family man who would have to feed his children in a grid down scenario vs youre everyday BG. This individual wanted to be perceived as a threat and most likely was not a violent person. A bad guy encounter prob would have ended a bit differently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Likely on the verge of having nothing to loose, at least in his mind, plus he's an older guy. Guys that are old can be quite dangerous as can those that have nothing to loose, toss in some early dementia or coming off prescription medication mind altering drugs and this happens.

We have a drugged up, stressed out, aging population that is heavily armed.

#9 ·
I'd like to see what happened before the video started, it seems the guy with the gun was too amped.
Reminded me of the guy who pulled a gun on the other customer at the fast food place, held him at gunpoint, and patted him down. If the other customer was with someone who walked in and saw that there would likely be a chalk outline on the floor

#10 ·
If the situation is outside the norm then I'd expect people to act outside the norm. They guy with the gun and the guy coming back to check on his property during an emergency evacuation, outside the norm situation to be sure...yet about what I'd expect.

#13 ·
Most people are going to act like complete, total, utter idiots. Then, they will act like, complete, total, utter, confused, frightened, and panicked idiots. Then they will devolve even further until they become the bigger problem than the disaster that triggered them.

#16 ·
Edwards: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

#17 ·
Hawaii hates guns. Live in a liberal state and give up your guns. Why get subjected to jack-booted liberal NAZI thugs? But in this case the Feds have him and he is a drug felon who is now a two time felon in possession of of a firearm. The video is all that will be needed. I will never understand firing warning shots.The Feds don't play. He will spend a long, long time, or forever in club fed.
http://m.hawaiinewsnow.com/hawaiinewsnow/db/330510/content/Z6tZZkED/gallery

#20 ·
You think you are prepared. Most only think they are, others are depending on the nanny state or taking from their neighbor. We definitely do not know all the facts, we do know the media has a big bias.
I would suggest everyone complete a quarterly drill and a major full scale annual drill. I thought I was ready when we evacuated during the Wildfires. Pfft! My insurance agent called me and talked me down a notch, I needed to hear some common sense to stay focused.
Someone to ride "shotgun" to watch your back is also helpful. Someone helped themselves to a neighbors goods, right off the truck.
May you all have common sense, loading speed and energy and a place to go planned if you have to evacuate.

#21 ·
Hawaiis liberal government hates guns because of that large liberal constituency of Honolulu (where the majority of Hawaiis population lives). But Hawaii state is ranked #10 in the country in gun ownership. Locals consider firearms a tool, not a weapon. A lot of us on the outer islands grew up with firearms in the house and hunting for subsistance. Probably also due to the large veteran population here. And we aren't happy with Hawaii gun legislation either. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse than it already is. (It probably will get a lot worse unfortunately...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.