Survivalist Forum banner

RC Cola

6K views 85 replies 54 participants last post by  bmrtoyo 
#1 ·
Am I the only person in the world that is still drinking RC Cola in the 21st Century? I have not found another drinker in a very long time. Please, someone, restore my faith in humanity and tell me I'm not the only one.

#42 ·
what happened?.. most of us remember it as children, it never went away but it still seems to have disappeared for a while.. did an entire generation of people simply forget about it?.. i stopped drinking it when i moved away from iowa so i thought it was a regional thing before noticing it in the stores here recently on my way to the other end of the store

#43 ·
When I can get my hands on a FRESH can or bottle of RC I'll take it. I live in Dr Pepper country and while I love a fresh Dr Pepper, RC is good too. Recently local corner stations have been carrying RC in small quantities but the last time I bought one it was so old there was no fizz left. My sister lives in Illinois and I asked her to get me a case of RC on her way home, she brought like 6 and I had RCs for weeks.

#45 ·
I shop at a Grocery Outlet... only chain I've found that carries it anymore..

RC Cola & Crown Royal... great duo

Reactions: fistfulladirt
#49 ·
I think a lot of the reason we don't see RC around much anymore is they don't advertise like all the other soft drink companies. When is the last time you saw an ad for RC Cola? Never.

And on a side note, coca cola doesn't taste like it used to. Hasn't for decades because they took out the secret ingredient, coca. I had actually forgotten that. Many years ago while in South America I bought a few Cokes and they were great; completely different in taste and really nice. Apparently the south American recipe is the original or so I was told..

Edit: And, I'm headed to Walmart this morning to see if I can find some Moonpies. I now have Moonpie on the brain..:D:

#50 ·
Dr Pepper owns RC and they promote Dr Peppers.

Like Harbringer said, when you buy a 20 ounce you are paying for the bottle, and shipping. Also the wholesaler does a pretty big markup. For instance, in our contract we were paying 75 cents a bottle for 20 ounce sodas. That has since gone up. At any rate, we have to charge double that to make a profit, so we "had" to sell it for $1.50.

We, however, are sneaky and went to Sam's Club. We bought other sodas for 49 cents a bottle and charge $1.25 a pop. The customers love it, they are paying less for pretty much the same soda (500 ml), we like it because we can charge lower prices than the next guy. The only problem, I literally have to move it from the shelf on Sam's Club all the way to our refrigerator.

We have a pretty loyal following on the RC and always keep several cases in stock. They do pretty well.

Our biggest sellers are probably Coke and Dr Pepper, though. For Diet drinks, Diet Coke and then Diet Dr Pepper.

#54 ·
It's widely available in Canada due to the Cott beverage company owning the rights to RC Cola globally (except in the U.S.A.) Cott is also a MASSIVE private label soda maker.So almost any generic brand cola you buy in Canada is rebranded RC.So if you live border close you're in luck.

#55 ·
I still remember my first RC Cola. My older brother of 3 years and I had a big quarter to spend. Went in a little dinner in town and my brother ordered 2 RC's with peanuts, ( 5 cents for a RC and 5 cents for a bag of peanuts) I told him I have never drunk a RC Cola, he told me, you will like it. I was about 9 years old. Would have been in 1949. Been a fan of RC with peanuts or a moon pie every since. High Living ******* style :)

#65 ·
Was talking to the manager at local Publix today and he mentioned that if it's a beverage or food item is still marketed and in production they can request it from regional distributors at no cost and have it shipped to store . May be worth a shot for some some of you outside the local areas. I asked for ale8 ( Kentucky soft drink) and a brand of sweet hot mustard I've been trying find for years.

#69 · (Edited)
RC is getting harder to find. The last vending machine in my neck of the woods disappeared five or six years ago.

Don't tell my grandpa (rest his soul and bless his heart) but I don't like RC or Moon Pies.

Coke and Pepsi are just as Southern as Royal Crown (we do know how to rot some teeth down here) but I think they both taste better. RC reminds me of summer days at the lake when my dad bought whichever soda was cheapest to stock the cooler on the houseboat. It was usually Shasta... but sometimes RC. And sometimes it was the sampler pack of Chek from the Winn-Dixie.

Their cola was nasty, but their Mountain Dew knock-off was pretty good. Chek Grape soda tasted like cough syrup and Orange tasted like battery acid. :)

#71 ·
I don’t really care for RC cola that much. Usually when I find it it’s old and in a plastic bottle so it tends to have a weird plastic taste. I’m sure it would taste better in a glass bottle.

The best sodas I’ve had are Big Red, and a fresh Ice cold Coke.
(I don’t know what it is about chic-fil-a but they have the best Coke I’ve ever had.)

As for moon pies I like the banana ones. One time I got one from a gas station and it tasted awful... it turns out they make lemon moon pies too that are the same color as banana.

#73 ·
I preferred Pepsi with the peanuts poured in. Hard to get that last couple of peanuts out without chipping a tooth. At the moment I am sipping a can of Pepsi Fire, apparently it has cinnamon in it though I can't taste it. It must not have been popular as the Grocery Outlet had a case of 12 for $1. I like ginger ale but none of the popular brands taste like ginger to me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.