Survivalist Forum banner

Ruger PCC to return.

10K views 83 replies 33 participants last post by  Marlin94 
#1 ·
#15 ·
May not be the quality of the CZ Skorpian, or futuristic looking as the Beretta Storm, but should be a big jump over the Kel Tec S2k and a Hi Point. I'd like it if they made it in .40 so I could use my 23 mags, but 9mm will work. Have not seen yet when it will be available.

#16 ·
#18 ·
At $449 it's an interesting player if it proves reliable, at $649 it's an expensive alternative to a $550 9MM AR...
This is kind of where I am, too.
Price and reliability are going to be important. Might be a fun little plinker.
Make a 45ACP version... and I might be on board. And I'd prefer a folding stock over the 'take down' option (which really just looks like a take apart option.)

#48 ·
Big fan of Ruger here, but in this specific case, I would agree with you.

Simply put, this thing is nothin more than a fun gun for the range. ( Which is what Ruger is counting on via their marketing.)

They couldn't even copy a better designed PCC to begin with.

Exposed pistol mag stickin out. Unfriken believable. Should have copied Berretta or High Point.

Oh well.

Guess I will have to wait until someone can produce what I really want in a PCC. Ironic, but Ruger came up with one that was fairly close.

11B

#20 ·
Very interesting! I'm a big fan of Ruger. It looks like it was heavily influenced by Kel-Tec (sort of like the LCP was to the P-3AT).

I think if it proves reliable and the price gets under $5 bills then it will sell all day long. Adaptable to glock mags is a resounding plus. I would pick one up in a heartbeat at the right price.

#41 ·
Very interesting! I'm a big fan of Ruger. It looks like it was heavily influenced by Kel-Tec .
Uhhhh........ how?

Uses a Glock mag?

Well not exactly wowed by this and I love 9mm carbines.

I think the main issue is the synthetic stock. Would prefer wood to imitate the original one..
What original one?

#21 ·
Well not exactly wowed by this and I love 9mm carbines.

I think the main issue is the synthetic stock. Would prefer wood to imitate the original one.

Still will probably get one if reviews are good once they come out and if I can get it for 500.

Glock magazines being used in this is surprising since Ruger loves their high price specialty magazines. Although this is a plus in my book since I have tons of them.

#29 ·
Agreed. Being an early adopter isn't always the best idea.

These will sell well enough any issues should surface quickly though.

#27 ·
The main reason that PC's interest me is the suitability to suppress..

That said, not sure if this is better than say a Scorpion 9mm pistol with a brace... I would think that the major difference is the glock mags are probably a better SHTF option.

The other plus is that this gun looks more conventional; and that's a plus in some situations.. Reality is that this carbine is a logical evolution from the 10/22... It's certainly not a dumb move on Ruger's part...

#31 ·
I thought they discontinued the 77/357, I see they still list it. May have to get one.

Reactions: Harmless Drudge
#36 ·
I thought they discontinued the 77/357, I see they still list it. May have to get one.
They are "OK".

38's dont do well in the mag. Rim lock is common when using them, and youre done until you can get the mag cleared.

The gun didnt seem to like my 158 grain LSWC reloads either. Did OK with JHP's in 357 though.

Bolt knob could be bigger, sights could be better, and if you mount a scope, theres very little clearance between the "little" bolt knob and the scope, making quick manipulation a bit difficult.

Seems like every time I buy a Ruger, I end up regretting it.

#38 ·
I briefly had a SUB 2000 in .40 S&W. But I don't otherwise stock .40, so I traded it. I have it in the back of my mind to get another one in 9mm when I find a deal. I'd consider getting the Ruger instead, but I'd like to hold one so I can consider pros and cons between the two. I prefer the Ruger brand, but I like how the Kel-Tec folds up and I like how minimal its size is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.