Survivalist Forum banner

Firearm �they� should make but don�t

8K views 129 replies 53 participants last post by  Mr. Sockpuppet 
#1 ·
Firearm ‘they’ should make but don’t

Just because no real reason but

M1 Carbine in 10 MM that feeds from Glock Magazines

how about the same thing in 44 mag – it won’t run glock magazines but still – think Ruger Deerfield on stearoids

#124 ·
Attractive fantasy that would never happen.

I've owned two .32 ACP Tomcats (Bobcat is the Model 21A .22 LR) and the frames cracked on both. The Beretta Tomcat doesn't hold up to heavy use even in a .32 ACP, which is why they discontinued it and no longer fix them.

I sold my broken ones for parts and bought a Ruger LCP .380 which is now my "Church Gun."

Attachments

#54 ·
I would love for Hornady to make a .25 rim fire cartridge. Make it same length as .22 mag and lets say a 65grn polymer tip flat base. Then Marlin jump in an make a Model 60&39 take down in .25 cal rim fire. Ruger could jump in if they wish. I really prefer Marlins.

Remington to make a 20 ga Versa max.

Make it LEGAL to sale internally suppressed Rifles without having to get a TAX STAMP!!!!

#59 ·
something that id find interesting would be a really simple front-mag pistol, such as the mauser 06/08 or bergmann bayard.. imagine one of these, no heavier, no longer, no taller with the same barrel length as a .357 revolver, but as thin as a 1911.. now imagine in that magazine forward of the trigger was a double-stack magazine holding about 18rds of rimless .357 magnum.. as the barrel would by fixed to the slide (with a moving bolt inside the upper) you could have sights fixed to the rear of the slide/barrel assembly and end of the barrel giving you a decent sight radius that was fixed in geometry with the bore of the barrel for superb accuracy

This post has been deleted
#64 ·
I really like the 7.62x39 case and I believe the 6.5 Grendel is awesome.

But I would like to see an ultra-light weight, bolt action mountain rifle with a 20" barrel in 6 Grendel (24 caliber).

That would be an awesome hunting rifle for my wife and I would likely be found shooting it more than some of my other guns. Perfect for deer and coyotes, etc.

I can imagine 3,000 fps with a 100gr bullet....with a tiny amount of recoil.

#72 ·

Those wanting a new carbine that takes Glock mags may be very happy after SHOT......

:)

#73 ·
A civilian legal, non-SBR, dirt-cheap, reliable, stamped & moulded 5.7x28mm PDW. Something light, cheap, able to fit in a medium pack, and firing 5.7 from a 20 to 30 round mag. I'd take open-bolt FA if they'd let us, but they won't, so semi-auto will have to do.

The PS90 is fine, but excessive.

#78 ·
A tiny, break-top revolver (like the S&W Safety-Hammerless) with a stub barrel but chambered in .32 acp (or the slightly larger "38" fame in .380). Tiny, 5-shot snub much smaller than a J-frame and easy to pack.

Bring back the Velo-Dog style revolvers only in .22 magnum. I have a nice old one in very fine condition among my collection that is only about as big as an NAA mini would be with DA lockwork. It'd be a superb woods/dog-walking gun or BUG if not in an antiquated, non-available caliber.

Some newer version of the "Einhander" pistol (the slide could be racked by the trigger finger) only in something more than .25 ... heck, make some in .25 but larger ones in .32 and .380. IIRC, Polytech or someone years ago made a version in 9x19mm that supposedly worked well. This would be a great bedside or pillow gun (not gonna shoot yourself in the head during a bad dream) OR would make a nice gun for those who just refuse to carry a semi-auto with a chambered round.

#87 ·
The 5.7 has floundered in part because you can't really try it out in anything under $1,200. Unless you count those Masterpiece Arms MAC-10 clones. I've read of spotty reliability on them, but otherwise, I'd probably consider one with a brace.

But the 6.5 does only need a barrel change and maybe a new recoil spring. It also means you can swap right back to 9mm in ten seconds. I'd like to see the 6.5 in the wild too.

#90 ·
Not too much left not covered in the thread by someone else, but if it's something that doesn't fill a void in the market that is just something I want personally, I would have to say I'd want an AR-10 platform chambered for the GP-11/7.5x55 cartridge, which to my knowledge only one company made them in the past and no longer does due to lack of demand.

If it's gotta provide something the market doesn't have but needs, I got nothing.

#108 ·
Well, that wouldn't zackly be Speed Six based, it would be a Redhawk size frame then. They make 2 3/4" Redhawk .44 mags. Not exactly a pocket size gun, but to each his own.

#103 ·
I bet a guy could make a .45 Colt single shot NEF handi rifle behave a lot like an old .455 webley round...

For my uses, one gun they have made that I kind of watch for is a handi rifle in .357. You can really cover a wide range of uses with a .357 with handloads, and if you can add a 20 gauge youth barrel, even better. I wish I had been smarter when they were still in production.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.