2019 F450 Ford Navigational System Lat Lon Coordinates - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2020, 06:15 PM
Justme11's Avatar
Justme11 Justme11 is online now
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 32,283
Thanks: 37,155
Thanked 83,973 Times in 24,282 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

You might take a look at this one.

https://www.amazon.com/YUGUANG-Suspe...6237233&sr=8-6

or a straight up GPS.

https://www.amazon.com/Navigation-Sa...6237696&sr=8-5
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2020, 06:15 PM
Central Scrutinizer's Avatar
Central Scrutinizer Central Scrutinizer is online now
IRON ON COURAGE
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,595
Thanks: 5,213
Thanked 4,360 Times in 2,300 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOver View Post
Maybe the wrong forum but is there a simple hand held battery powered GPS with an easy way to see lat/lon on start up or at least a couple of steps?
You might want to look at the hiking/trail models from Garmin. Garmin also sells all terrain and overlander models for vehicles that often are driven off road like RV s and ATV s. Those are pricier but may have some useful topo map features and larger display.

I have an older GPS 12XL which is a simple, very reliable device, but very slow to acquire satellites, something to consider versus one stuck on the dash, powered on all the time having already acquired satellites.

As far as wrong coordinates, there are at least 3 different ways to read coordinates: degrees-decimal minutes, degrees-minutes-decimal seconds and degrees-minutes-seconds. Whatever your local agencies helicopter prefers, should be the default setting in your device.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2020, 06:31 PM
DoOver's Avatar
DoOver DoOver is offline
pog mo thoin
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Catskill Mountains New York Where The Thing What Must Never Be Mentioned Here Is Legal & Encouraged
Posts: 1,366
Thanks: 19,804
Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
You might want to look at the hiking/trail models from Garmin. Garmin also sells all terrain and overlander models for vehicles that often are driven off road like RV s and ATV s. Those are pricier but may have some useful topo map features and larger display.

I have an older GPS 12XL which is a simple, very reliable device, but very slow to acquire satellites, something to consider versus one stuck on the dash, powered on all the time having already acquired satellites.

As far as wrong coordinates, there are at least 3 different ways to read coordinates: degrees-decimal minutes, degrees-minutes-decimal seconds and degrees-minutes-seconds. Whatever your local agencies helicopter prefers, should be the default setting in your device.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
We have a total of three garmin hand helds in our trucks, two are of the same model but the model slips my mind at the moment.
All three had dead battery's when I went to get them.
On had what app[ears to have UTM's instead of lat-lons as I needed.
We are reviewing and correcting all these differencies currently.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2020, 06:41 PM
Central Scrutinizer's Avatar
Central Scrutinizer Central Scrutinizer is online now
IRON ON COURAGE
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,595
Thanks: 5,213
Thanked 4,360 Times in 2,300 Posts
Default

The 90 degree USB charge cables are prone to wear out if they are flexed a lot. Just fixed my old Nuvi "battery problem" with a new charge cable.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2020, 06:48 PM
Justme11's Avatar
Justme11 Justme11 is online now
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 32,283
Thanks: 37,155
Thanked 83,973 Times in 24,282 Posts
Default

All the handheld GPS units I had positively ate batteries.

I show a GPS above at around $50 that is a simple plug in type.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2020, 07:37 PM
neiowa neiowa is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,377
Thanks: 3,418
Thanked 5,659 Times in 2,175 Posts
Default

GET A MAP.

Or get a GIS printout map from the county GIS coordinator and preplot TRPs at useful points. Laminate it.

I have not met a medivac pilot that wouldn't fly to the woopie lights he sees - x miles y direction from "known point"/TRP.

Don't need a 9line and a Inverted Y LZ for a civilian bird. Most fly/flew miltary but that is not what they expect for local FD.

Find a paved road/parking lot every x miles and paint on the jumbo "H" and record the grids.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2020, 08:35 PM
spacemanspiff's Avatar
spacemanspiff spacemanspiff is online now
Hunter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Heart of Dixie
Posts: 1,486
Thanks: 917
Thanked 2,337 Times in 771 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOver View Post
Jeepers our port is up under the dash, do I have to than bend down to read that?

Plus I/we are trying to avoid one more complicated thing glued to our dash board.
Well then get a cheap Garmin and a 12v power plug. Thats as simple as it gets except for map.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to spacemanspiff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2020, 10:17 PM
DoOver's Avatar
DoOver DoOver is offline
pog mo thoin
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Catskill Mountains New York Where The Thing What Must Never Be Mentioned Here Is Legal & Encouraged
Posts: 1,366
Thanks: 19,804
Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
GET A MAP.

Or get a GIS printout map from the county GIS coordinator and preplot TRPs at useful points. Laminate it.

I have not met a medivac pilot that wouldn't fly to the woopie lights he sees - x miles y direction from "known point"/TRP.

Don't need a 9line and a Inverted Y LZ for a civilian bird. Most fly/flew miltary but that is not what they expect for local FD.

Find a paved road/parking lot every x miles and paint on the jumbo "H" and record the grids.
Well that is exactly what we've done, we dug out an old topographical map of our district that a member whom was a surveyor grided out lat-lon lines on to.
We are making copies now.
We are in the New York City water shed, an area NYC rightfully stole years ago and build water reservoirs.
NYC is now in the process off stealing all the land around the reservoirs.
In a parking lot NYC paved for us I had painted a Big H.
Now NYC is crucifying me behind painting graffiti on their parking lot.
NYC wrote a nasty graham to our Town and County Supervisors and EMS Coordinator.

In separate News NYC Mayor DeBlazio has painted black lives matter on nearly every street in NYC.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2020, 07:34 AM
wldwsel wldwsel is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 709
Thanked 3,945 Times in 1,569 Posts
Default

I have a 2018 F150 and it uses the same GPS. I ran across the lat/long selection, I believe you need to go into the NAV mode from the Home page. Once in NAV, look for a gear shaped icon (settings). I'm pretty sure I saw it there.

By the way, all the modes (music, nav, etc) have their own settings page. You can also access them from the steering wheel, but that's complicated to explain, at least for me.

Good luck. Worse comes to worse, stop at a Ford dealer on one of your runs back to the station.

Ya'll shoot straight and stay safe out there.

WW

WE ALL WANT TO BE FREE, BUT VERY FEW OF US WANT TO BE BRAVE. FOR ALL OF US TO BE FREE, A FEW MORE OF US, ESPECIALLY NOW, MUST BE BRAVE, AND THAT'S THE HISTORY OF AMERICA

K. R. Carleson - Navigator B-24J
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to wldwsel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2020, 07:49 AM
neiowa neiowa is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,377
Thanks: 3,418
Thanked 5,659 Times in 2,175 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOver View Post
Well that is exactly what we've done, we dug out an old topographical map of our district that a member whom was a surveyor grided out lat-lon lines on to.
We are making copies now.
We are in the New York City water shed, an area NYC rightfully stole years ago and build water reservoirs.
NYC is now in the process off stealing all the land around the reservoirs.
In a parking lot NYC paved for us I had painted a Big H.
Now NYC is crucifying me behind painting graffiti on their parking lot.
NYC wrote a nasty graham to our Town and County Supervisors and EMS Coordinator.

In separate News NYC Mayor DeBlazio has painted black lives matter on nearly every street in NYC.
It would certainly be "challenging" living in a state dominated by morons (as NYC). Perhaps send mayor dummkopf a personal response. http://www.reactiongifs.com/grandmas-f-you/
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net