Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-29-2020, 12:45 AM

Default Second wave

Advertise Here

After speaking to a few health professionals it seems there is a general consensus of a second wave arriving in September, October. I hope this isnt the case as I think alot of self employed and other workers will go under financially if this is the case. Its not COVID I fear its a collapse of the economy and people becoming ferral to support themselves and their families. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Owl-
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Owl- For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 03:41 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,703 Times in 624 Posts

Instead of letting the virus kill some of our people, we're going to let it kill our economy and our society.

'Protect the NHS'? Did no-one explain to these people that the NHS exists to protect US??

Is there any link between cities like Luton, Blackburn, Rochdale and Leicester, which might help to explain why these cities have lots of Covid? Demographics, perhaps? No? Oh, OK.

The virus has exposed that our laws only apply to parts of the population. If you chant political slogans, you are not required to comply with lockdown rules. If you run a sweatshop, you won't be closed down, even if you're helping to spread the virus. If you're the kind of person who teaches their kids to obey the law, then more fool you.

Those are some of my thoughts. I am exceedingly angry about how this is being managed. The only possible ray of light is that it's not Corbyn/Abbott in charge.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sorry-no-clues For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 02:51 PM
Dog

Default Not sure about UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl- View Post
After speaking to a few health professionals it seems there is a general consensus of a second wave arriving in September, October. I hope this isnt the case as I think alot of self employed and other workers will go under financially if this is the case. Its not COVID I fear its a collapse of the economy and people becoming ferral to support themselves and their families. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Owl-
I'm not sure how the virus is in the UK, I've read that its rough. I visited once and the people were wonderful, so you'all are always in my prayers.

In the US we almost had the virus managed but instead of taking prudent precautions, large crowds, from both the left and the right, took to the streets and the bars ( pubs ). We have crazy people going into public places illegally without masks. Confronted they cough and scream spittle into people's faces.

I've done good keeping myself isolated, but that's impossible to do completely. Unfortunately, I was exposed to a friend of mine's bipolar son. He stopped his medication and went off in a bipolar rage, inches from my face.

I didn't have time to put on my mask. He refuses to get tested. I have 2 more weeks before I know if he gave the virus to me. He apologised after he calmed down.

As for the economy, it has become apparent that we cannot stay closed. Most businesses are reopening but I think some things have changed.

I think movie houses and music concerts will change forever.

I've come to believe that we will all have to get the virus. If we live or die is already set in stone. The economy will bounce back. It always does.

Good luck to you and yours. and cheers.

Last edited by grizzlylabs; 07-29-2020 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: added economy
The Following User Says Thank You to grizzlylabs For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 09:41 AM
Trapper

Location: The original Birmingham, Engand, or as we call it the BLACK COUNTRY

If you read medical papers the main thought is this is the third wave, first was in December /Jan this year the second in March and April and not this is the third wave.

Its going to be far bigger and stronger than last time and hit more people a lot harder.
Main reasons being we are now less careful than earlier this year. The government financial scheme only covered 70% of the people and then only 80% of their wages. I know hundreds of self employed people who are now near or at breaking point with money. Bailiffs never stopped work and neither did county courts and ccj and so forth.

Many businesses are still not allowed to pen and yet many are. the rules and regulations are complex and confusing as well as corrupt and stupid.
If Boris wants me to follow the rules he had best stop writing them in pencil and changing his mind every other day.
Old Today, 09:57 AM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 29,424 Times in 10,254 Posts

Meanwhile a 75 year old, safe, effective drug with no patents is being "banned" so they can look for a new vaccine at modern nose bleed prices.

Nothing is going to get better until Trump wins again and we get a real attorney general in office who is interested in inditing the Coup Klutz Clan instead of eating the ham sandwiches.