Survivalist Forum banner

Gear exposed makes you a target, {must read for preppers who plan to bug out}

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  hardcalibres 
#1 ·
I just saw This video and it kinda freaked me out a bit,

1. all of the bags I saw were just way to obvious and you could clearly tell they had a **** ton of gear, those people will be the biggest targets when SHTF happens,
now i know someone is gonna say that they can just shoot the people trying to rob them which is true but you wanna avoid that at all cost, you never wanna engage an enemy ever... it is a last resort, the main reason being you do not know the outcome, they may kill 2-3 of your guys.. anything could happen..

2. Not hidden and out of sight, of let's say there was a checkpoint set up by the military or anyone, they would most likely be pulled aside and they would A. fight B. lose all guns and gear,

I did some light research and i found these things linked down below that might help people

This is pretty cool for trucks

Keep it simple and hidden,

Will update post when i have free time (work Calls)

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah.. I like that guy. He's pretty smart. I definitely think you want to be as low key as possible.. but there is no fool proof anything, whether bugging in or out. Everything is a risk. Definitely helps to be on the down low as far as prep or patriot signaling at the onset of any crisis.

Also, Use back roads when possible. Always stay in the right most lane on the hwy to avoid getting boxed in or funneled into a dead stop grid lock scenario or a road block check point. But no matter how careful you are you are on a razers edge.

I just have to much stuff to not have it not show to anyone who sticks their head up to the glass. I'm just not enough of a high speed minimalist prepper ninja to be able to hide all the gear I think I will need in a prolonged grid down situation. Maybe in a few yewrs.. who knows.

Might be worth considering an option like that as one contingency among a few others. Plan a.. full load with trailer in a convoy of fellow preppers or patriots. Plan b. Full load without trailer or pals. Plan c. Stealth load, light and tight. Plan d. No load but a b.o.b. in trunk. Plan c. Beat feet with a b.o.b. in the dead of night. Plan e.. buck naked and all greesed up sliding down the sewer pipes of you friendly local fema camp.

All relative I guess.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

#3 ·
If you are bugging out to a known and prearranged bug out destination/location, you should not need to carry a lot with you. Most of your gear and preps should be waiting for you at the end of your journey.

If you are bugging out in a vehicle, then despite the ability for the vehicle to carry a lot of stuff, your BOB/gear should still be compact enough to carry if your vehicle gets blocked, stuck or broken. The only extras left behind in the vehicle would be a bit of extra food and water (exceeding what you can carry).

If you encounter road blocks, you should stop well short of them and proceed cross-country and on foot. If tactically necessary, wait to dark to proceed.

Learn how to navigate and move in the dark quietly. That skill/capability can make the difference between survivors and refugees.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.