An "Emergency Prep Poster" in Japan - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Link to the "Surviving Disaster" Series - Great to watch for emergency prep. ideas! survive Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 27 08-26-2019 03:51 AM
Russia Warns China-Japan-US Pacific War "Just Weeks Away" (S. Faal) ACME_MAN Controversial News and Alternative Politics 24 03-17-2014 10:35 PM
"Japan Air Lines flight 1628 incident" Athanasius General Discussion 16 11-11-2013 11:04 PM
Hunting Knife made by "SHARP" of Japan Fallout Shelter Knives, Swords & Axes 11 04-12-2013 10:34 PM
"Japan's central bank joins Fed in easing policy". MIL-DOT Financial Forum 13 09-22-2012 03:22 AM
Japan and "Crazy" Uncle Yang Gibsey Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 2 03-11-2011 09:03 PM
Japan's "Lost Decade" of deflation imgottie Financial Forum 16 08-11-2010 01:10 PM

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 06:49 AM

Default An "Emergency Prep Poster" in Japan

Advertise Here

I debated posting this in the Japanese section, but the pictures speak for themselves. Kinda cool to see something like this posted big and loud for the public.

This was posted in the local community building. It's more of a pictorial reminder of what should be prepped, but the main feature of the poster is the emergency notification system. There's a big ole resident register for pretty much everywhere (the Japanese are either fine with being registered or aren't aware of the extent of it), and all the cell phone carriers support this emergency-band 'check-in to say you're okay/not okay' system. Hence the mess of text screens at the bottom.

Still, an interesting example of public-money efforts to get people at least minimally prepared for disaster.

Anyone else have something similar posted where you are?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	keitaiemergency.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	3080  
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to landline000 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2008, 07:00 AM
(not a) One Man Army...

the japanese actually made a big deal about national registry because they used to have manifests in the prefectures just like in the old days up until a couple years ago
The Following User Says Thank You to wynturmute For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2008, 07:12 AM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 40,723 Times in 8,036 Posts

The people of the USA do not want to be bothered with the idea of helping theirselves, they would rather wait for a government hand out.

I have yet to see or hear any real information on how to prepare - and that is one reason why I started this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Molōn Labe!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 2

but kev, our wonderful FEMA agents will be quick and effective when they come to "save" us!
The Following User Says Thank You to BakCompat For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Knocked Down But Up Again

Location: Next stop: Willoughby! This train stops at Willoughby!
Thanked 3,262 Times in 1,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakCompat View Post
but kev, our wonderful FEMA agents will be quick and effective when they come to "save" us!

Oh, most definitely! Just be sure to tell those with "entitlement" mentalities to hold their breath while they're waiting; that way there will be more resources for the rest of us, LOL! :D

Proverbs 27:12 New Living Translation

Help to keep this forum going by donating TODAY! https://www.survivalistboards.com/payments.php
The Following User Says Thank You to Brimasmom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2008, 05:17 PM
AKA The Dragon

Thanked 1,971 Times in 957 Posts

Public apathy in this country is the same. Sit on their butts and do nothing, then the bleeding heart stories start.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Hunter

I think we are now coming into public paralysis,Dragon,as the hands from above quietly and quickly choke the last drops from the bleeding hearts.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:07 PM
Information is Ammunition

Thanked 27,044 Times in 10,520 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Outstanding Firearms Post Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 5

oh the thrill of it all...
Old 03-13-2008, 02:47 AM
Watchin tha world go by

Thanked 8,887 Times in 3,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakCompat View Post
just as soon as they finish dealing with Katrina
Old 03-13-2008, 05:46 PM
SURVIVOR

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 2
Talking

it would be a lil peice of mind if our gov. posted info like that! you don't see much of that sort unless your in a store. we should all pitch in to put up a roadside banner somewhere..jk. that would be alot of dough
Old 08-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,250 Times in 545 Posts

Hi Kev. I think that for the most part, the people that are willing to make the sacrifices and actually prepping , are here or on one of several sites already , looking for ideas etc. The majority of people are to lazy or caught up in their rose in the teeth syndrome, or in otherwords, la la land. They don't believe anything could or ever would happen so why prep for it ? More fun to party
The Following User Says Thank You to nadja For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,513 Times in 1,567 Posts

Our Canadian Gov. put out commercials and puts up a website, which is not that bad:
http://www.getprepared.gc.ca/index-eng.aspx

The reality is that you could tell all of the people in both of our countries that the S is going to HTF tomorrow and MAYBE 5% would do something about it.

You are right, Kev, in that the people are totally apathetic. We have grown up with the mentality that "all is well" and "the Government will take care of it"

It'll be a nasty wake-up call when those rose colored glasses break!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to survive For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2010, 09:08 AM

Our government doesn't want us to be selfsufencent. They have the control that way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sprocket830 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Opinionated old fart.

Thanked 7,164 Times in 3,373 Posts

Honestly, I think its b/c the american populace has never seen war up close. No one has invaded, bombed us (like hiroshima or london), closed our borders, enforced a food embargo, had a race war, genocide, military coup, etc.

Americans have been sheltered from the ugliest part of human nature, thus many just simply think it doesnt exist, is a thing of the past, or can never happen here.

All you have to do is talk to ANY refugee. When I was a kid, our church adopted a Vietnamese refugee family. Talking with them made a big impression on me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jeffrey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Christian Survivalist

Thanked 1,510 Times in 880 Posts

Smart people are starting to catch on. But it going to take a lot of effort for people to realize how important even basic prepardness is, let alone survivalism. It should be a part of their everyday lives.

Hey Kev, want to make our own poster?
Old 08-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,991 Times in 1,877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
The people of the USA do not want to be bothered with the idea of helping theirselves, they would rather wait for a government hand out.

I have yet to see or hear any real information on how to prepare - and that is one reason why I started this site.
Couldn't be more true. Here's proof: Received an automated call from the local county emergency management office requesting that I go online and update my "contact" information so as to receive important emergency notifications? Like the phone system will be working. Wonder how many "sheeple" now feel they are registered to received "help".

The worse thing about this is that I was on this site when the caller ID showed "Code Red" and I hear "this is the Emergency Management"
Old 08-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Pull up your Dora panties

Thanked 16,764 Times in 4,526 Posts

BAKCOMBAT---I know there is alot of negitive talk about FEMA, and some but much less about The Red Cross, but i have at times worked with both. the people that come out and vollenteer thier time, and are helping other, do a great job. they are away from their families, they are helping people they dont know(many of which wont help themselves), and they deserve a measure of respect. i have worked for and with the red cross many times, and have worked with but not for FEMA twice. the heads of these orginizations my have questionable issues, but the PEOLPE that are truly helping are good people. my mother has been with the red cross for decades. i would say something like or near to 40 years. they do their best to give help, and supplies to those that need it the most. remember, many who come asking dont actually need it but just want something for free because they feel they are entitled to it. these vollenteers have to make judgement calls sometimes that arnt seen as popular. but if they have 10 bottles of water and they have 15 people asking for them how would you chose to pass those out? do you give a generator to a man and wife or even a family of 7 or do you give it to the church that is fixing food, and providing refuge for people? we that family that gets turned down goes to FOX and says that fema wouldnt do anything for them.( when they actually got food, water, and vouchers for cloths and maybe put up ina hotel with a/c for 4 weeks.) just keep this in mind when you want to knock these folks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VINCENT For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post

Absolutely agree!
Old 02-27-2011, 12:28 PM

A few things makes the Japanese more likely to prep.
The whole country is an earthquake zone, and they know it.
Getting the dog-squat bombed out of you and the years of starvation afterwords has left a psychic scar in the culture.
They understand that the majority of their economy is based on sea transportation that can be disrupted at any time.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:17 AM

Still trying to figure out the in's and outs of this site. But have to agree.....this is one of the reasons why I have joined this site
Closed Thread