Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
George Soros funds Ferguson protests, hopes to spur civil action Ruble General Discussion 23 01-24-2015 11:49 AM
Another Ferguson ? Ricekila General Discussion 19 11-18-2014 09:17 AM
MO Ferguson jrwpmw General Discussion 19 10-30-2014 11:34 AM
The Ferguson Police are getting help -- Ricekila Political News and Discussion 7 09-08-2014 10:13 PM
ferguson lawsuit wootie Political News and Discussion 22 08-31-2014 03:35 PM
Are Jihadists in Ferguson? KaBar67 General Discussion 24 08-21-2014 11:25 PM

Old 11-30-2014, 06:06 PM
Hunter

Default Ferguson protests

Advertise Here

I can't believe what I'm reading on KSL about the protests there yesterday. Where are those people coming from? Kind of upsetting.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2014, 06:55 PM
90/10 headed for 95/5

Thanked 9,213 Times in 4,050 Posts

With all of the existing threads covering what's going on in Ferguson, we needed a new thread for this?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 357revolverfan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2014, 06:57 PM
Bassmaster

Thanked 2,913 Times in 1,260 Posts

Apparently, they don't like the outcome of out justice system. A police officer does his job and for doing his duty he now must resign. But those protesters want reform. What do they expect an officer to do? Get a court order to use his gun to defend himself! I personally find Wilson's 12 rounds fired a bit excessive for self defense. But he has the right to protect himself and those witnesses aren't credible. If Brown broke into my home should I not shoot him? If an officer of the law can't shoot, neither should I!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2014, 07:00 PM
Here's my safety Sir

Thanked 20,732 Times in 7,374 Posts

Shoot until the threat is no longer a threat.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up totally worn out and loudly proclaiming man what a ride!
Save The The Montagnard People
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madcritter For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2014, 07:20 PM
Hunter

Well, you live in Canada, so why are you even in the Utah section? The topic title was obvious, so if you are frustrated with these topics maybe you shouldn't open it next time.

To answer your question it's because it's upsetting to me that a few hundred people would be protesting in Utah of all places. It was in part because of Ferguson, but also because of the local shootings in the Salt Lake area. While peaceful, it was disturbing. I thought the Salt Lake area would be pretty problem free if a disaster happened, but perhaps the Salt Lake area will have more problems than I thought.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:25 PM
B.S. Detector/Distributor

Thanked 1,355 Times in 401 Posts

She told you! So from now on the Utah page is OFF LIMITS unless you are #1. In the US; and #2. In Utah!!! Just like the estrogen....errrr Ladies Section!

And you're right 357, ,I am so tired of hearing about Fergu-stan and the Fergu-turds.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:27 PM
Hunter

I'm not a she. I'm just pointing out that why does someone go into an area that doesn't even apply to them and complain about a topic? To me it's not even about what happened in Ferguson, so much as why are there a few hundred white people protesting without a permit blocking roads it in Salt Lake? Where are these people coming from?
Old 11-30-2014, 07:33 PM

Apparently you aren't familiar with the founders of the Morman "faith" and all of the atrocities they committed against "non-believers". Some of the most heinous acts in this country happened in Utah and surrounding territories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre
Old 11-30-2014, 07:39 PM
Hunter

Well, I appreciate your attempt to interject your personal disdain for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, which has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I'm familiar with what you are hinting at and am not responding to it.

Maybe it is a good idea to just delete this topic since it's obvious some people are just going to troll it. I was interested in discussing the local protests that happened yesterday in Salt Lake, especially the people that made them up, but that apparently isn't going to happen.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,358 Times in 1,396 Posts

Why are liberals posting in a thread that doesn't apply to them? Then, of all things, p***ing and moaning about religion that they only have their own biased opinions to go on?

BTW, the OP was asking why Ferguson had become a local (Utah) topic, and where the **** these people were from.

Give us a break from the senseless disputes and arguments.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:04 PM
Survivor

Double post
Old 11-30-2014, 08:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,042 Times in 2,939 Posts

Sandline, you're stuttering!
Old 11-30-2014, 08:38 PM

The OP was voicing an opinion and being surprised that protests were taking place in Salt Lake City and felt that if it got violent that this area was the last area he would have expected it. I merely pointed out that Utah has been home to plenty of acts of violence in it's past. I never stated an opinion one way or the other as to how I felt about the Mormons or any other religion. Get over yourselves FFS.

And who in the hell are you calling liberals?
Old 11-30-2014, 08:57 PM
Hunter

I wasn't saying it would get violent. I was surprised to see a protest in Salt Lake and was saying if there is ever a disaster these are going to be the people to worry about.

Yes, Salt Lake is synonymous with Compton when it comes to violence. I actually had to get on the ground once while typing this because of a possible drive-by.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:04 PM

Reading comprehension is your friend. I said that you would be surprised if it got violent. You are correct that this thread should be deleted because you obviously lack the skills or mentality to interact with ANYONE that posts on it.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:06 PM
Hunter

Quote:
I merely pointed out that Utah has been home to plenty of acts of violence in it's past
That's what I was responding to. Yeah, I was having some fun with you about Compton, but I have no problem with you. We don't agree on things, but I have no problem with you.

I just wanted to make sure that it was understood that I didn't think it would get violent now, but was more concerned about the future. It didn't seem like the people protesting believed in the cause so much as were looking to cause trouble. I just moved to the area, so I took interest in it.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx442 View Post
Reading comprehension is your friend. I said that you would be surprised if it got violent. You are correct that this thread should be deleted because you obviously lack the skills or mentality to interact with ANYONE that posts on it.
If you were to stay out of certain threads when your own comprehension is lacking and your "facts" are skewed through your own bias (what atrocities in outlying territories, and what "founders of the faith" supported them?), maybe things would go a little better for you. When you take your cues from the leftist playbook and troll for an argument, of course somebody's gonna think you're a liberal.

Maybe you should drop the subject and head over to the Colorado forum to work things out. No sense coming here to throw cheap shots at people.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Gettin By

Thanked 1,605 Times in 663 Posts

Quote:
Apparently you aren't familiar with the founders of the Morman "faith" and all of the atrocities they committed against "non-believers". Some of the most heinous acts in this country happened in Utah and surrounding territories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre
I guess you have never bothered to read about what was done to the Mormon faith and ORDERED by the Government of the State Of Missouri. If you want to talk about heinous acts, you must include this one. Far worse IMO as this was state sanctioned MURDER of American Citizens.
http://www.quaqua.org/extermination.htm

So if you are going to bring up the above, it would only be fair to post this as well. Yes the Mountain Meadows incident was deplorable, but what Missouri did in 1838 was State Sanctioned Murder of American Citizens for no other reason than the religion the chose to follow.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
The OP was voicing an opinion and being surprised that protests were taking place in Salt Lake City and felt that if it got violent that this area was the last area he would have expected it. I merely pointed out that Utah has been home to plenty of acts of violence in it's past. I never stated an opinion one way or the other as to how I felt about the Mormons or any other religion. Get over yourselves FFS.

Brand new here - just have to jump in. Maxx442: you're absolutely correct - the Mountain Meadows Massacre was horrific. I spent a whole summer studying it, and have made it part of my anthropology courses. However, your connection with the SLC/Ferguson riots is something of a non-sequitur. By that standard of discrimination, every state has been the home of horrific violence. Let's face it: where people have been, there has been horrific violence.
To connect Mountain Meadows to the Ferguson protests you need more analysis: an ongoing feeling of persecution, a sense of a lack of support from proper authority, a misunderstanding of the nature of the victims, and so on (all of these, by the way, ARE part of Mountain Meadows AND the Ferguson debacles).
As it was, your comment just seemed like a cheap swipe at Mormonism. You may not have intended it to come out that way, but, once you've said it, you can't bring it back. Knowing that a huge portion of the readership here is probably Mormon, why light the proverbial match in a powder keg?
Old 03-12-2015, 05:15 PM

Default Not trying to be argumentative...

Quote:

Brand new here - just have to jump in. Maxx442: you're absolutely correct - the Mountain Meadows Massacre was horrific. I spent a whole summer studying it, and have made it part of my anthropology courses. However, your connection with the SLC/Ferguson riots is something of a non-sequitur. By that standard of discrimination, every state has been the home of horrific violence. Let's face it: where people have been, there has been horrific violence.
To connect Mountain Meadows to the Ferguson protests you need more analysis: an ongoing feeling of persecution, a sense of a lack of support from proper authority, a misunderstanding of the nature of the victims, and so on (all of these, by the way, ARE part of Mountain Meadows AND the Ferguson debacles).
As it was, your comment just seemed like a cheap swipe at Mormonism. You may not have intended it to come out that way, but, once you've said it, you can't bring it back. Knowing that a huge portion of the readership here is probably Mormon, why light the proverbial match in a powder keg?