What was your "Prep" for today? - Page 1965 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Link to the "Surviving Disaster" Series - Great to watch for emergency prep. ideas! survive Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 27 08-26-2019 03:51 AM
Non "Rambo" Prep Helmet Nate74 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 71 07-15-2019 07:29 AM
Finally... a sane answer to "Why do we prep?" SurvivorGirlAL Jokes, Humor & Music 16 06-12-2019 06:58 PM
The Media asks " Why Prep" Northern Raider British Isles and ROI 33 12-07-2017 07:20 AM
Food Prices "will double by 2030" - Oxfam. Time to prep with a home garden? Jubbles Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 130 03-12-2017 01:12 PM
National Geographic has "I Escaped A Cult" in between "Doomsday Preppers" today. Libertarianism 4 All General Discussion 17 03-05-2017 09:08 AM
Article shows how most "sheeple" prep. potatoheadman Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 52 11-05-2016 09:38 PM
An "Emergency Prep Poster" in Japan landline000 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 19 07-25-2016 12:17 AM
Neighbor "found" me online, knows I prep now... AARGH! joyfulheart Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 126 09-02-2014 10:49 PM

Old 02-15-2020, 08:42 AM

Advertise Here

Two gallon storage bucket and fancy lid. A few more cans of stew. Another box of disposable spoons. Some canned meat from a Russian grocery to test. $8 can of sockeye salmon. And looking up and ordering oxygen absorbers
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Faultyphoenix For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 10:47 AM
Survivor

Thanked 10,446 Times in 3,336 Posts

I was disposing of a hospital medi cart yesterday at work. I took off one of the security locks because it had a key and I could use it for other purposes. The drug drawer had no key so I smashed it open. It was full of pills ,non narcotic,and some injectable lung congestion drugs to go in iv's . Some clear patch wound dressings and strangely a web ratchet clamp. Good score. I will check and see what some of these things are over the weekend and print off use and dosage for them in my first aid gear.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Exarmyguy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 12:16 PM
A marathon not a sprint

Thanked 17,515 Times in 4,263 Posts

Planted 3 rhubarb corms from a neighbour in my flower bed and started hauling berry bushes downhill to plant along a drainage swale to protect its banks . I will have to do a temporary electric fence to protect everything from the horses for a few years to let the bushes establish .
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hilltopper For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2020, 02:15 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,654 Times in 1,290 Posts

Bought more food. Also, soap. You can never have enough.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to emh1701 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 03:52 PM
Prepared

Thanked 1,225 Times in 233 Posts

beans, rice and medical supplies

I have to say thank you to everyone that posts on this thread. It gives me new insight into things that could be useful!

TY!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to momto14 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 03:57 PM
Prepared

Thanked 1,225 Times in 233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopper View Post
Still not up to snuff and taking a rest day doing chores at home . I cut my hair for the second time to keep from sweeping bangs out of my eyes , adapting to keep long hair secured and in a pony tail right now .

I bleached two storage refridgerators .

Formulating a protocal for handling the pets , how do you prevent cross contamination with a pet everyone wants to be in contact with and they stroke the pets hair? Plus the pets roam all over the home so if a person is sick , the pet could transmit the virus to another room ? Started analyzing how many things I touch , how do you minimize transfer ? At least my pets do not leave my property and have no contact with the public .

Wrote a letter to my sons university asking for a pre emptive plan for students to continue education online spelling out my exact concerns not only for their welfare but so they can assist families with senior members more at risk .

Offering a bribe for millenial sons to come help me on the farm rather than socialize on their week long break from school .

Ordered 2 gallons of Hibclens online, expected shipping end of March . Ordered better can openers . Ordered eye protection goggles .

If weather permits, I would shave my dogs as close as possible. I was in rescue for almost 10 years and germs/viruses can adhere to their hair. If weather doesn't permit, I would still shave hair but add a sweater/coat (washable).

in some very bad hoarding cases, we had to shave the dogs :< due to all the bad stuff.

The #1 thing is not allowing cats or dogs to free roam off your property as they could come into contact with a virus etc...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to momto14 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 04:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,820 Times in 5,677 Posts

I finally said F it and bought a compact 9 mm capable of having a red dot mounted.

I'd the good fortune of having the Hellcat and SIG P365XL side by side. It definitely came down to how it felt in hand, and trigger pull that changed my mind and put the SIG P365XL in the lead. A neat result of that decision was the applicable SIG red dot is HALF the price of the sight best for the Hellcat. In the interim, I'd been waiting for the Hellcat because of problems with the SIG P365, but those problems didn't go into the P365XL.
-
I sent off some N95 and carbon filter masks to a relative, good to have them on hand. I learned, to my surprise, that my non prepper sister keeps hand sanitizer in her vehicles.
-
The non contact thermometer, using a common battery will be a nice addition. Not super expensive, and it's well rated.
-

-
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prepping For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 04:47 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,446 Times in 3,336 Posts

Just ordered a couple of 30 day oatmeal packs to broaden the food store. Tomorrow Im going to get another 150 lbs of rice and some chlorine pucks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Exarmyguy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 05:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 25,568 Times in 9,712 Posts

Installed more cabinets in the garage as well as a eight foot long butcher-block countertop to mount my reloading presses on.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 05:33 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 27,098 Times in 7,664 Posts

2 bags per family in our BOL group

Old 02-15-2020, 06:02 PM
You were the Executioner.

Thanked 2,684 Times in 779 Posts

Knee surgery scheduled for Monday morning. A good prep to fix my knee.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mazarine33 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 06:32 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,472 Times in 756 Posts

Broke at right now so a couple 2 litres of oatmeal and 4- 2 litres (20 pounds) of rice.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicktide For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 08:00 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 27,098 Times in 7,664 Posts

I love weekends, as most often I get grandchildren and/or GREAT-GRAND-CHILDREN overnight. Who is babysitting who is a question.

Here great grandson is pondering, can we go outside & play on the rain and mud.

Nap after a bath (after playing in the mud)

Old 02-15-2020, 10:15 PM

Pulled out the generator, gave it a service and generally cleaned it up. Put the battery on charge. I've neglected this task for over a year and consider myself lucky that it was still in good order.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to britten2011 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 10:42 PM
I have control issues

Thanked 7,875 Times in 3,136 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Cleared off two more shelving units in the outbuilding (including the one with my canning jars)' got the canning jars and the totes with all the extra rings and lids moved to the storage container (MUCH closer to the house) and got the canning jars onto the new all metal shelving unit (they were too heavy for the other shelving unit); got the cleaned off shelves onto the frame that had previously been moved in; and moved one of the other shelving units from the outbuilding to the container (after removing and cleaning the shelves, then replacing them once they were dry.)

Still to do is to move the last of the empty shelving units (will have to remove the shelves and clean them off. The bottom shelf is toast, because of getting wet, since the outbuilding leaks around the skylights) and empty the last shelving unit (the one with all the BOBs and ammo); move the milk crates with the 2 quart bottles of water; the jugs of vinegar; the boxes of MREs; my table; and once son-in-law is back from his trip and his friends come over, move the antique woodburning cookstove. Finally, once the electrician runs the power from the pole to the container, we can move the refrigerator and chest freezer. I can purchase the replacement upright freezer and get it in place before the power is run.

Once the freezers and fridge have been moved, all of my stuff will be out of the building, and son-in law can start getting it ready to turn it into his brewery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceFire For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 11:14 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,148 Times in 2,630 Posts

Pressure canned 5 lbs of white beans. today. Came out great.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bunny For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 11:56 PM
Flintlock Shooter

Thanked 6,388 Times in 3,132 Posts

Went out and bought some snowshoes for my girl. The pair she had were cheap Walmart made in chicom pieces of junk. We went out and got a good pair for her.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hagalaz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2020, 12:37 AM

Had to go to Walgreens to pick up a prescription, and found they had Celebrity 1# canned hams on sale 3 for $9.00. No limit They have a " best use by date" 5 years out from their production date stamped on the bottom of the cans. Kept in a cool place, it will keep a lot longer. It's tasty, real ham, and a good protein to add to spuds, or beans and rice. It was a nice addition to the pantry.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Siege For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2020, 07:45 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,764 Times in 984 Posts

This week reinforced that we can reasonably function with reduced sleep.
Sun-Mon, worked for 32 hours straight.
Tues - Wed worked for 38 hours straight.

Once over the "Hump" working was not too difficult.
The Following User Says Thank You to woowoo2 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2020, 11:15 AM

10 gram bar of gold and a roll of silver dimes in the mail
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faultyphoenix For This Useful Post: