Sooooo tired of people complaining of high ammo & gun prices!!!! - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 03-25-2020, 11:03 AM

Advertise Here

CTD is under fire AGAIN for price gouging and they are doing NOTHING WRONG!!! YOU ARE!!!!

I am m SO sick and tired of hearing people use the term price gouging and not the term supply & demand!!!

I am SO sick of stupid people complaining that the prices have shot through the roof when they are in and of themselves the cause of it all!!!

I am SO sick and tired of people time and time and time and time again not being prepared and waiting till the last damn second in the MIDDLE OF AN EMERGENCY to storm gun stores and buy it all at once with 5 million other people and then when the prices shoot through the roof look shocked and have the audacity to scream price gouging!!!! MY GOD HOW STUPID is everybody???

If you bought AT&T stock five years ago and the price tripled overnight last night, because everyone bought some at the same time, would you sell it to me for your cost five years ago? Absolutely not. Nobody would!!!.

Everyone who complains about a high price when you did NOT buy when the prices were normal deserves to be smacked on the head!!!! These people are just mad that they waited until the price shot through the roof and are looking for a reason to complain for their own stupidity!!!

I have 100 - 50 round boxes of Speer Gold Dot in 9mm 124, 124+p and 147 which currently is the most sought after ammunition and I will gladly sell it for $100 a box and sleep like a baby. If you all think I tied my money up for five years just to pass it along to YOUR dumbass at cost because you are an idiot and never stocked up, you are absolutely and utterly insane!!!

It is NOT a necessity!!!! I am not selling biscuits and water to the starving masses after a hurricane! It is a LUXURY to have excess ammo!!!! You do not t need it to LIVE!!! It is a WANT not a NEED, which is exactly and precisely why you do not have any at this very moment!!!!

If you want it then buy it, if not then shut up, but hold your complaint I am charging too much and save your hate mail it means nothing to me... i am running an ad now selling federal Lake City 5.56 M855 in the ammo cans, 9 mm, 2- Smith M&P AR15 and a slew of other stuff.

Keep in mind it is ONLY because I can charge more that I am even considering parting with it to begin with. It is only the fact that I can charge more that you even have an opportunity to have it in your hands. If not, then why the hell would I want to sell it to begin with? Why would I want to sell you something that I have already purchased for the same price I bought it for?

There is no advantage there. The only and SOLE reason that you even have an opportunity to possess something that no one else has right now is because i am charging a lot of money for it. You do not want to pay the money? Simple, do not expect to have any of my ammo!!!

I am sick of hearing terms like honor and integrity and all that other **** because the only people that are spewing out that rhetoric are the ones that do not have a gun or do not have ammunition right now!!!!

This is just like a hurricane when someone pulls up with a truckload selling generators and everybody acts like they are scammers and con artists and run them out of town. Why??? Since when does somebody need a generator to live? You do not need a generator and that is considered to be an extreme luxury and if you want to buy the luxury from someone who took the time to purchase them, load them up and DELIVER it to your FRONT DOOR in the middle of an emergency then YES you should expect to pay a lot for it.

Somebody does that with water and food? I absolutely agree that is being crappy. But a generator? The way people think is sickening to me as if someone is going to go through all that work just to make $20 on a generator!!!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! Stop acting like it is a community effort when any other time of the year you walk by homeless people and spit on them. I notice it is only a community effort and you are only supposed to help your neighbor out with good prices when they need something.

Even then, I will say it again when I hear ridiculous things like coming together for others needs...GUNS AND AMMO IS NOT A NEED!!!! Food and water and shelter and clothing, those are considered needs. Since WHEN has a .357 and five boxes of ammo ever been considered a need!?? ABSURD NOTION.

We live in a crazy world and it irritates me that for some kind of reason, it is my duty to help out others who consistently remain unprepared through every emergency America has ever experienced.

I made the sacrifice and I took the money that I could not really afford to spend and used it for guns and ammo and a slew of other things as people smirked and chuckled and laughed and asked why I would possibly need so many guns and ammo. Was I expecting to go in the war ha ha ha...now those SAME people are coming to me to buy some of that stuff and scream how I do not have character because I want to charge more for it that I purchased it for??? NOT HAPPENING.

I am prepared. The fact that my neighbor decided not to prepare and now they are coming to me wanting to use my preparedness to their advantage by purchasing something from ME that currently cannot be purchased anywhere else and for a great price no yet, well that takes a lot of audacity!

Is it greed? ABSOLUTELY!!! But the greed is on the part of the person that does not have it and now they want what I have. That is the definition of greed not the other way around!!!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Plumber101010 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 11:05 AM
Hunter

Thanked 6,996 Times in 1,653 Posts

Yup, you're a plumber alright!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stroo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 11:11 AM

Talked to my gun store guy before this all blew up. He said ammo demand was up over 60% from last year due to election. Ammo companies did not anticipate this and ammo was in short supply. I didn’t pay a lot of attention because ammo has not been on my needed supply list for a long time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Largo3 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2020, 11:38 AM
Survivor

Thanked 14,666 Times in 5,296 Posts

I'm set for ammo, always was and buy when good deals are to be had locally. Field and Stream have good sales if you are a customer and get the mailers.

Anyone needing to run out and buy guns and or ammo are probably real short on everything else. Snooze, ya lose...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 11:44 AM
Fenced In

Thanked 4,293 Times in 1,856 Posts

Sorry, OP, but CTD has a history of price gouging. It's what they do, and will continue to do as long as people panic-buy their stuff at outlandish prices. But it's not just that they raise their prices astronomically. After the Sandy Hook shooting, they canceled customers' existing orders, claiming items were out of stock, and then advertised them back in stock at massively increased prices. That is some BS.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:45 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,789 Times in 1,269 Posts

Everyone -- including all the super-prepped on here and the OP, were beginners at one time with few preps. Some of those people you are making fun of, OP, are new to this.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sneeky For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 12:01 PM
Prepared

I've always called them Cheaper Than Gold Dust.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:37 PM
Nunquam Non Paratus

Thanked 2,842 Times in 988 Posts

Yeah, Cheaper Than Dirt is just a name, not a reality. There are way better places to buy ammo.

My experience is the majority of the people buying guns and ammo now are newbies. They largely have no idea what they want other than "a Glock" even though they point at a S&W. I sold one gun last week, but it was a FrankenGlock built from parts of other guns and a stripped frame. Originally I built it up for my wife but it was worth it to me to sell it. I could have made even more on it but I limited it. That's just me.
The Following User Says Thank You to jchavasu For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfarticus View Post
Field and Stream have good sales if you are a customer and get the mailers.
I no longer shop at Field and Stream as they belong to a chain that has gone against gun rights.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MA Survivalist For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 01:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 14,666 Times in 5,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA Survivalist View Post
I no longer shop at Field and Stream as they belong to a chain that has gone against gun rights.
I'll shop the deals and the other store is getting out of the gun business entirely. Starts with a D if that helps.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:31 PM
Limited Tolerance Member

Thanked 13,407 Times in 3,812 Posts

What they're doing isn't illegal, but it is immoral. People can decide whether they want to pay it & whether they want to do business with them. Also, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
tired of people complaining about people complaining. See how that works?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chuckleberry For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchavasu View Post
My experience is the majority of the people buying guns and ammo now are newbies.
Well that's good, we get more people becoming first time gun owners and more people joining the gun community. This will greatly strengthen our cause.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MA Survivalist For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfarticus View Post
I'll shop the deals and the other store is getting out of the gun business entirely. Starts with a D if that helps.
Yes, I cannot post the name of the store chain on this forum as it gets crossed out since the website considers it profanity, even though its used as a name, its a nickname for Richard.
The Following User Says Thank You to MA Survivalist For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 02:53 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,670 Times in 1,852 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeky View Post
Everyone -- including all the super-prepped on here and the OP, were beginners at one time with few preps. Some of those people you are making fun of, OP, are new to this.
My thoughts too, no point in calling someone an idiot because they just became adults or just got into a position to prep.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 03:20 PM
EdgeCrusher

Thanked 1,023 Times in 435 Posts

Needed an M4 stock to replace the B5 I put on an SPR build...got it from CTD cheap and in stock (queue someone posting a link after they ferociously search for a cheap M4 stock), dont care. Dont see much complaining off individual gouging on Gunbroker and the like sites.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:30 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 17,678 Times in 5,386 Posts

I'm tired of people complaining about people complaining.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerindel View Post
I'm tired of people complaining about people complaining.
Your post would be called, a complaint...
Old 03-25-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckleberry View Post
What they're doing isn't illegal, but it is immoral. People can decide whether they want to pay it & whether they want to do business with them. Also, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
tired of people complaining about people complaining. See how that works? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/xeye.gif[/IMG]
Your post would be called a COMPLAINT.... Hypocrite Lmao!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Plumber101010 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 09:39 PM
Capability, not scenarios

Thanked 29,667 Times in 8,718 Posts

After Obama was elected in 2008, you could hardly find primers or powder. That was back when I was first learning to reload.

Same with things like .22LR ammo. If you could find it at all, it was 10 cents a round or more. If you could find it.

What have I been doing during the last 12 years? Making sure that A) my reloading shop is able to handle pistol, rifle, shotgun, and B) making sure I have enough components for the duration. Even learned how to cast my own bullets so even that shouldn't be a big deal. A few hundred pounds of alloy can make a lot of bullets.

High prices have at least one very positive outcome: they ensure that there is product on the shelves for people who absolutely need it. If you absolutely need a box of 9mm self-defense ammo, you can find it. You'll have to pay, but you can find it.

If the prices were normal, there would be nothing on the shelves.

Meanwhile, people like me aren't in there trying to elbow you out of the way.

There actually is an official survival guide, but you have to write it yourself - and edit it as the situation changes - and revise it as you learn from your mistakes - and start all over again when things change again. (AceScanner)
Old 03-25-2020, 09:45 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 17,678 Times in 5,386 Posts

I'm tired of people complaining about complaining about complaining.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post: