Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Almost SHTF worse than full on WROL/SHTF? Vanishing Nomad Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 42 05-15-2017 03:34 AM
Best Dog for SHTF loltraktor General Discussion 42 08-25-2016 10:53 PM
Thoughts on firearms pre SHTF & ammo, post SHTF Corrigan Firearms General Discussion 31 01-16-2016 06:47 PM
If you want to hunt small game post SHTF, you may want to Predator hunt/trap Pre SHTF John Rambo Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 26 01-10-2015 05:17 AM
What does SHTF mean to you? SMM123 Polls and Surveys 54 08-07-2014 01:25 PM
My own SHTF - laid off, depression, search, found job - SHTF over. Piece of Cake Grevlin General Discussion 42 03-04-2014 05:09 AM
My Minor SHTF could have been a Major SHTF charlie505 Manmade and Natural Disasters 36 02-19-2012 08:24 AM
SHTF and Non SHTF tech gadgets whacker Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 28 12-21-2011 08:52 PM
Do you have SOP for when the SHTF? Methu969 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 19 08-26-2009 06:34 PM
SHTF surviver94 Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 1 03-02-2009 04:11 PM

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 12:22 AM

Default If SHTF, what would it be?

Advertise Here

For everyone living in Utah. What do you think the reason Crap would hit the fan here in good ol Utah? Earthquake? NSA attack? west desert dirty bomb?
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2014, 01:10 AM

I'm in Texas, but I think the most likely are:

1. Economic collapse (faked by banks and government - blamed on foreign country or terrorist hacking the system(s)). Obama declares martial law and rolls out 8 types of law enforcement and military forces ala Boston bombing response.

2. Economic collapse (real) - a) Russia takes payment for their oil and gas exports in something other than the petrodollar and the bubble bursts or b) China demands actual gold delivery for their futures contracts holdings, only to find out there is no more gold, in Fort Knox, Fed. Bank of New York, nowhere.

3. Some 'terror' or military event in the middle east or elsewhere kills large number of US groups or sinks an aircraft carrier, etc.

4. Some FBI/CIA 'bomb' set off in a major city to implement martial law.

5. Some group other than the FBI/CIA setting off a bomb in a major city.

6. Ebola virus or some chemical agent weaponized, airborne, and released by 'terror group'
Old 11-21-2014, 01:32 AM

That's some food for thought thank you. What about non-government related. What about ISIS or another terror group besides our own government turning on us. I'm not discarding that theory and it's definitely something to think about. You can never be complacent, specially about politics. But I'm not to huge in that idea. Maybe naive or sheepish but I think it would be something foreign. Educate me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2014, 01:43 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,102 Posts

Zombies, naturally.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:20 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,727 Times in 761 Posts

They've been talking about the "big one" on the wasatch fault lines since I was in 2nd grade. One of the big things we were always good at and ready for was severe winters like 1994 when we had to go out a window to clear the front door of snow. I could see the whole state banding together against some crazy government law and having the US government declare martial law in the state and send in DHS or UN. But that is how I think of almost anywhere now adays except the people usually bend to quickly and the community willing to stand up is so small and will squashed so quick.

I've got a few more years before I settle back in Utah for good and I'm looking forward to it moving every 3-5 years for the past 20 has sucked as a "prepper".
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfSpring For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2014, 02:37 AM
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD

Thanked 10,735 Times in 4,033 Posts

It can be any of some 20 named/speculated events...for me,they ALL result in no EBT/Welfare Checks on the due date,which will literally be the End of Civilization as we know it ....the Drones will lose their friggin minds
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flashman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2014, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashman View Post
It can be any of some 20 named/speculated events...for me,they ALL result in no EBT/Welfare Checks on the due date,which will literally be the End of Civilization as we know it ....the Drones will lose their friggin minds

Hahaha thank you for that, gave me a good laugh haha. Not sarcastically either. It's got some truth to it for sure. And hopefully "the big one" is not as big or bigger then they expect. It makes me a bit edgy to see what would happen to the valley. I sure do love this state as its my home I would hate to see it leveled. Except sugar house and the aves. They can go, and most likely will. Along with all the leaches that live there
The Following User Says Thank You to BugoutChance For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2014, 02:59 AM
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugoutChance View Post
Hahaha thank you for that, gave me a good laugh haha. Not sarcastically either. It's got some truth to it for sure. And hopefully "the big one" is not as big or bigger then they expect. It makes me a bit edgy to see what would happen to the valley. I sure do love this state as its my home I would hate to see it leveled. Except sugar house and the aves. They can go, and most likely will. Along with all the leaches that live there
Im glad you got a chuckle but I wasnt being funny...we recently did a threat assessment of all the named "impending disasters", and, other than being under an asteroid when it plops down,where I live,NONE of them will affect us.A grid down would be serious,but we heavy prepped for that.
But they ALL will result in a total shutdown of civilization(ie,no EBT/Welfare) and the End of the World...or,more precisely,WROL...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flashman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2014, 03:25 AM

With how many people abuse that system, that disaster has been in the making for quite a while then. And in all seriousness, I can see you point loud and clear and very valid.

Just for the sake of argument. Do you see a person who has lived on small amounts of ebt credit and stretched it between a family more dangerous then say a wealthy person with no knowledge on survival or how to be frugal and completely unprepared except for weapons?
Old 11-21-2014, 03:27 AM

I clearly have to much time at work. Haha.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:31 AM
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugoutChance View Post
With how many people abuse that system, that disaster has been in the making for quite a while then. And in all seriousness, I can see you point loud and clear and very valid.

Just for the sake of argument. Do you see a person who has lived on small amounts of ebt credit and stretched it between a family more dangerous then say a wealthy person with no knowledge on survival or how to be frugal and completely unprepared except for weapons?
Not MORE dangerous,per se:BUT more likely to hit the streets and act a friggin fool...with well developed and honed animal instincts and inclinations...
Old 11-21-2014, 03:47 AM
Hunter

Utah is an anomoly though that's what a lot of people don't understand it is one of the few places that there is a huge number of natural preppers who will try at first to help others and they know how to take care of themselves. Outside of SLC that is...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfSpring For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2014, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfSpring View Post
Utah is an anomoly though that's what a lot of people don't understand it is one of the few places that there is a huge number of natural preppers who will try at first to help others and they know how to take care of themselves. Outside of SLC that is...
That's something I agree with more then anything mentioned so far. As most of my friends and people I know(who in no way are "preppers.") have quite a bit of knowledge on survival. In both the woods and urban situations. It's a pretty common thing out here as a young man to do nothing in the summer EXCEPT practice survival. And that's just not my weird self either.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:07 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 9,305 Times in 4,625 Posts

Of all those things you didn't mention the only probable one, Yellowstone. So you should be ok.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:46 AM

I'm more worried about the wasatch fault then Yellowstone. But if Yellowstone does go boom..... I don't think I'd make it to have to worry about survival.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:56 AM
Hunter

Theres also the chance of floods from dense snow like the summer of 83ish I think I was only a kid but the floods were really bad.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:50 PM
Target Shooter

I think the most likely scenario is an earthquake, in the natural disaster are anyway. As far as others go, loosing a job and economic instability.

I am building my on hand cash reserves as well as investing in gold, not for investment purposes per say, but for stability.
The Following User Says Thank You to IYAPYSNF For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 01:37 AM

That's really smart. I want to invest into land, hope that my kids will be able to benefit off of me after I go. Long time away (hopefully) but that just means more time to buy land. Out by Strawberry is very affordable but there aren't enough trees in my opinion.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:18 PM
Hunter

I think it will be an earthquake, but as others have said it won't be like other places. Things may get bad, but much better than other places.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:29 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,358 Times in 1,396 Posts

Whatever SHTF scenario happens, it's the aftermath that will be at least as bad here: Druggies without their fix, bangers looking to take over to rob and loot where the rule of law fails (we live out in WVC so it's something to think about), people who have ignored the admonitions all their lives to prepare and expect to "come over to YOUR house" when things get bad.......also expecting that those who prepared will have soft-hearted responses because they are Christians. (Won't happen at this house, I think).
Closed Thread