Trump Talks Gun ‘BuyBack’ with New Zealand Prime Minister - Page 6 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 10-08-2019, 07:28 AM
Hunter

Thanked 6,981 Times in 1,647 Posts

Advertise Here

It's definitely not helping! You mentioned irony in another thread, do you see the irony in claiming to be a conservative but your posts are thanked by the local leftists? Didn't think so, but you keep up that mighty fight internet warrior!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stroo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2019, 07:53 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 30,182 Times in 9,940 Posts

51 lives lost during a mosque attack. How many do you think will die when nobody has the means of protecting themselves?

They have already proven that taking the guns out of peoples hands, does not lower the murder rate. Crazy people are going to kill one way or another. All you did was make it easier for them.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:20 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by America's Patriot View Post
51 lives lost during a mosque attack. How many do you think will die when nobody has the means of protecting themselves?
How many lives lost in the El Paso attack? How many live lost in Sutherland Springs? Texas is routinely at the top - year in and year out - for "mass shootings."

...and NZ is a way safer place than the US. So your statement doesn't really hold water.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,292 Times in 3,996 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC-Trainer View Post
How many lives lost in the El Paso attack? How many live lost in Sutherland Springs? Texas is routinely at the top - year in and year out - for "mass shootings."

...and NZ is a way safer place than the US. So your statement doesn't really hold water.

NZ has a population of roughly 4 million while the US has a population of roughly 329 million. I think when comparing mass shootings in the US to mass shootings in much smaller countries such as NZ it's easy to gloss over size of a country and focus on just the number dead and then use that as justification for gun control.

Waving a bloody shirt while saying we are better than you is disingenuous. If we were to break the US down into roughly 82 countries of approximately 4 million people each and then do a comparison of each to NZ, I believe a different picture would emerge. Another way to look at this is to compare the deaths by mass shootings against the total population. The US is a lot safer place than you think. I suppose subjects are more pastoral than citizens, but that's a topic for another time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2019, 01:14 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
NZ has a population of roughly 4 million while the US has a population of roughly 329 million. I think when comparing mass shootings in the US to mass shootings in much smaller countries such as NZ it's easy to gloss over size of a country and focus on just the number dead and then use that as justification for gun control.
In a word, no. If you've ever had statistics you'd know why.

Your argument is a common one when someone attempts to try justify their position. Just like when someone will undoubtedly exclaim, "Yeah, but if we removed all of the inner city crime, blah, blah, blah."

NZ is, hands down, way safer than the US and that is just the fact of the matter. No amount of juking the stats will change that.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:19 PM

Thanked 18,783 Times in 6,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by das0 View Post
What about after the election if he wins?
Winner winner chicken dinner.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:23 PM

Thanked 18,783 Times in 6,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Putnam View Post
Yeah right!

Why aren’t there armed rebellions in ban states?

Hilarious.
If Trump bans guns you all will be lined up first thing the next morning to hand in your guns to the Dear Leader.
Probably.

Ten characters.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Outside the box

Thanked 6,007 Times in 1,722 Posts

I don't like lines.........I HATE illegal lines, I won't be "lining up to hand in my guns" nor will millions more, some of us actually understand illegal decrees AND logistics

BTW for those who don't understand, the 2nd didn't grant us anything, it codified existing natural law that pre-existed the USA for thousands of years
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aceoky For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2019, 01:52 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,831 Times in 8,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroo View Post
It's definitely not helping! You mentioned irony in another thread, do you see the irony in claiming to be a conservative but your posts are thanked by the local leftists? Didn't think so, but you keep up that mighty fight internet warrior! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]
Thanks for that post.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:57 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by America's Patriot View Post

They have already proven that taking the guns out of peoples hands, does not lower the murder rate. Crazy people are going to kill one way or another. All you did was make it easier for them.
Are you really going to compare New Zealand murder rate?

Because it is a lot less than yours.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:02 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
No because the gun isn't really the equalizer that it's marketing makes it out to be.

And we see this in places like Sudan where guns are prolific but freedom is scarce.

And what happens is someone with a bit more money or power than you collects enough followers to win unfair fights.

You still have a gun you still have the right to defend yourself and you still have freedom.

He has fifty guys.

At which point you don't have freedom.

Compare apple to oranges much...LOL

I agree it is not an equalizer it tips the scale decidedly in favor of person standing behind it, as to the person standing in front of it? I imagine they'd prefer to be anywhere else but there.

The rest of your post simply sails of on a tangent that is not relevant to anyone, other than perhaps the Sudanese.

The most dangerous place to be is in gun free zone...in any country.
No. Ultimately if you don't want to die from violent crime you don't need a gun. You need to move to New Zealand.

It is more dangerous to be armed in a violent country than unarmed in a peaceful one.

Guns don't tip the scale in favor of the gun owner if everyone owns guns. They basically cancel out any advantage.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:13 PM
Apocaloptimist

Thanked 6,356 Times in 1,694 Posts

A gun buy-back in the US would go about as good as the recent bump-stock ban. Read an article this morning saying a report from ATF estimated that 520k bump stocks were sold between 2010-2018 and they have had between 500-600 turned in TOTAL. Thats about .1 percent compliance. LOL!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClovisMan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2019, 02:23 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin22885 View Post
gun control and amnesty will come in trumps second term
It is interesting that when people heard that he will drain the swamp. Nobody thought their side would get drained.

But yeah. I called that when he got elected.

Because an impartial, doesn't care about upsetting the snowflakes president is precisely the sort of guy who could ram through gun control.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:31 PM
Outside the box

Thanked 6,007 Times in 1,722 Posts

1. Those with the guns are NOT the snowflakes
2. No one has "rammed gun control through" , a "bump stock ban" was put into place the ATF admits it had NO power to do in the first place
3. Trump goes against the very folks who put him in office he's "DONE" and I'm not talking only politics, he's finished with no credibility at all.
4. The POTUS (something you don't seem to understand) doesn't have the power to "ram gun control through" we have a Constitutional Republic here in the USA (for very good reasons for sure)
5 The USA is Not a "violent country" far from it, though some major cities (with strict gun control) do have a high violent crime rate- hmmm imagine that gun control FAILS at every single level , yet you support a failed strategy WOW- the places where the population is well armed (and have Constitutional Carry crime rates are even lower still ) has low crime rates.

Don't you tire of ALWAYS being SO wrong?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aceoky For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2019, 02:41 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
5 The USA is Not a "violent country" far from it, though some major cities (with strict gun control) do have a high violent crime rate- hmmm imagine that gun control FAILS at every single level , yet you support a failed strategy WOW- the places where the population is well armed (and have Constitutional Carry crime rates are even lower still ) has low crime rates.

Prove it with a credible source. Link it in your next post.

NZ is one of the safest places in the world. Pottery is right about that.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:57 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,214 Times in 4,920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
1. Those with the guns are NOT the snowflakes
2. No one has "rammed gun control through" , a "bump stock ban" was put into place the ATF admits it had NO power to do in the first place
3. Trump goes against the very folks who put him in office he's "DONE" and I'm not talking only politics, he's finished with no credibility at all.
4. The POTUS (something you don't seem to understand) doesn't have the power to "ram gun control through" we have a Constitutional Republic here in the USA (for very good reasons for sure)

HA!

Yu know full well if Trump wanted gun control he'd get it, because his faithful followers would claim he's just doing what's best for them...

Brainwashed comes to mind.
The Following User Says Thank You to Israel Putnam For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2019, 04:01 PM
Survivor

Thanked 29,158 Times in 6,818 Posts

Quote:
HA!

Yu know full well if Trump wanted gun control he'd get it, because his faithful followers would claim he's just doing what's best for them...

Wow dude, I get your stance (I think we all do by now) but the constant "Trump's faithful followers" mantra makes you sound like a parrot squawking the same thing over and over.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,292 Times in 3,996 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
No. Ultimately if you don't want to die from violent crime you don't need a gun. You need to move to New Zealand.

It is more dangerous to be armed in a violent country than unarmed in a peaceful one.

Guns don't tip the scale in favor of the gun owner if everyone owns guns. They basically cancel out any advantage.

LOL...move to NZ...I'll give it some thought.

If you start with the assumption that the US is an inherently a violent place then any conclusions you draw will be based on that assumption. What if it's not inherently violent? It's easy to see where outsiders relying on second hand information would draw those conclusions. So I really don't fault you for holding that view.

I had the impression that NZ's were a racist, xenophobic backwards bunch that shunned intellectuals. Apparently I was wrong about that, but it does illuminates what happens when you start down the road of assumptions.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 07:04 PM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Thanked 32,627 Times in 9,346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC-Trainer View Post
Prove it with a credible source. Link it in your next post.

NZ is one of the safest places in the world. Pottery is right about that.
NZ may or may not be one of the safest places on Earth. The problem being, is that NZ classifies violent crimes so differently than the United States for a true, apples to apples comparison.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Sockpuppet For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 07:09 PM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Thanked 32,627 Times in 9,346 Posts

Quote:
HA!

If Trump pursued gun control, nearly every NRA, GOA, SAF, etc. member would see that he wouldn't get the party nomination for a second term.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Sockpuppet For This Useful Post: