Old 06-26-2019, 04:01 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 55,212 Times in 19,069 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2
Default Globalists Teaming Up To Suppress Free Speech

Advertise Here

Globalist billionaires, social networks, tech companies, Universities, and major Internet Browsing companies are teaming up to suppress our 1st Amendment Right to freedom of speech. Billionaire, George Soros, the Koch brothers, Firefox, Patreon, and more are conspiring to find ways to block speech that doesn't fit in with their Globalist agenda.

https://steemit.com/freedom/@tell-me...h-george-soros

https://observer.com/2019/06/koch-br...ine-extremism/

https://reclaimthenet.org/charles-ko...t-hate-speech/

I'm 100% opposed to modern day "book burning" which is exactly what this is. I believe in an individual's right to speak freely even if what they say is idiotic or misguided. I believe an avowed Marxist has the right to spew his venomous rhetoric even if he hates my guts, my Bible, and my Constitution -- and I have a right to read his nonsense if I so choose. I don't need a babysitter telling me what I can or cannot read or watch or listen to -- or write, or say, or post.

I was a supporter of Firefox for many years. I gave up on Google and all of its affiliates a long time ago. I just removed all things Firefox from my computers and my phone. I'm currently using Pale Moon (on my home computers) but am still looking for a more freedom-oriented Browser if one even exists.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:24 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 74,541 Times in 20,007 Posts

You have the right to speech. You have the right to be protected from government interference. You don't have the right to a platform.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 04:33 PM
Survivor

Thanked 45,497 Times in 13,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
You have the right to speech. You have the right to be protected from government interference. You don't have the right to a platform.
That's what leftists keep saying every time they collude with tech giants to silence conservatives.

And now, they are pushing us completely out of the public square. Today, Reddit quarantined (soft ban) the largest conservative message board on the internet without warning. I have been on reddit since 2012 and I have never seen a sub that was quarantined not end up with a full ban within a couple months. The_Donald. Google gaslights and tries to change your opinion to a more liberal one with its search manipulation. Facebook and Twitter ban and shadowban conservative voices.

I used to think like you, it's just a one-off. The market will handle this. But it won't, it can't, because every time one tries to, they either get bought out by the monopolistic big 4, or they get unbanked, or they get deplatformed from appstores. They are using their monopoly on social media to silence half the country, and it is ELECTION MEDDLING.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 04:38 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfire View Post
That's what leftists keep saying every time they collude with tech giants to silence conservatives.

And now, they are pushing us completely out of the public square. Today, Reddit quarantined (soft ban) the largest conservative message board on the internet without warning. I have been on reddit since 2012 and I have never seen a sub that was quarantined not end up with a full ban within a couple months. The_Donald. Google gaslights and tries to change your opinion to a more liberal one with its search manipulation. Facebook and Twitter ban and shadowban conservative voices.

I used to think like you, it's just a one-off. The market will handle this. But it won't, it can't, because every time one tries to, they either get bought out by the monopolistic big 4, or they get unbanked, or they get deplatformed from appstores. They are using their monopoly on social media to silence half the country, and it is ELECTION MEDDLING.
So you want to use force of government to change this?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 04:41 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,407 Times in 5,833 Posts

BHU keeps saying this and he will all the way up until they arrest him for the sign he's holding on a public street or the shirt he's wearing because it's hate speech. All politicians need is the consensus of the people. If they are accustomed to throttling speech on the majority of platforms they'll have no problem supporting throttling it anywhere.

Airbnb rents rooms. So now you're saying renting rooms makes them a platform that can publish. My guess it's to defund people they disagree with by going after the persons rental properties. Support a Fascist like Trump on the internet somewhere and you can't rent your property to make money.

If they are worried about content they would have a number rating system and does away with comments.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to InOmaha For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 04:42 PM
Indefatigable

Thanked 42,776 Times in 13,231 Posts

Why is it we hear so much about personal responsibility from the GOP when they continually blame liberals, FB, Google, Youtube, the deep state, ect....for all their problems?
You want a platform that has no boundaries build it yourself. But be aware to stay true to your "free speech" mission you will need to allow liberals to post whatever they wish there as well.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 04:47 PM
Survivor

Thanked 28,710 Times in 6,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
Why is it we hear so much about personal responsibility from the GOP when they continually blame liberals, FB, Google, Youtube, the deep state, ect....for all their problems?
You want a platform that has no boundaries build it yourself. But be aware to stay true to your "free speech" mission you will need to allow liberals to post whatever they wish there as well.
I'd say this site it very much like that. You post what you want. Most here may not agree with you but we defend your right to say it.

Now try going to Democratic Underground and saying something they dont agree with. Instaban!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2019, 04:54 PM
Survivor

Quote:
So you want to use force of government to change this?
Imagine if this were 1950 and the phone companies all got together and decided that'd just make every phone call to your home or business number a busy signal if you were a Democrat.

But, hahahaha, at least, hehehehe, it's not, muahahahaha, the government!

Give me a break. Stop being naive! If you're a conservative, you can't even @#$%ing decide who you bake cakes for!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 05:05 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
Imagine if this were 1950 and the phone companies all got together and decided that'd just make every phone call to your home or business number a busy signal if you were a Democrat.

But, hahahaha, at least, hehehehe, it's not, muahahahaha, the government!

Give me a break. Stop being naive! If you're a conservative, you can't even @#$%ing decide who you bake cakes for!
Is that a 'yes'?
The Following User Says Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 05:23 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Is that a 'yes'?
Once liberals have total control of the public discourse, and seize total control of government, perhaps you will be able to console yourself with your philosophical consistency then. Hopefully they don't put you up against the wall after they come after my family.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 05:28 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
Once liberals have total control of the public discourse, and seize total control of government, perhaps you will be able to console yourself with your philosophical consistency then. Hopefully they don't put you up against the wall after they come after my family.
You don't want to say 'yes' because you know it's wrong. You fear the consequences of philosophical consistency, but you still don't want to say it. That's good. I respect you more for it, not less.

But I fear giving the government a new power even more than I fear the consequences of not doing so. Because I fear what else they might do with it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 05:43 PM
Existential Threat

Thanked 11,140 Times in 1,970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Globalist billionaires, social networks, tech companies, Universities, and major Internet Browsing companies are teaming up to suppress our 1st Amendment Right to freedom of speech. Billionaire, George Soros, the Koch brothers, Firefox, Patreon, and more are conspiring to find ways to block speech that doesn't fit in with their Globalist agenda.
I see this as panic from the left, they are bankrupt when it comes to ideas so they need to silence their enemies. It will only get worse as we get closer to 2020.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SurvivalOfTheFit For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 05:51 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:

Would that platform include Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc.? At some point, platforms become public forums. When millions of every day Americans come to depend upon social platforms to communicate and to share news and information, a line is crossed and a social norm is born. When a Browser like Firefox or Google or Internet Explorer team up to censor speech how does one communicate with others via the World Wide Web?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 05:55 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
You don't want to say 'yes' because you know it's wrong. You fear the consequences of philosophical consistency, but you still don't want to say it. That's good. I respect you more for it, not less.

But I fear giving the government a new power even more than I fear the consequences of not doing so. Because I fear what else they might do with it.

What steps would you take if your phone provider decided to enter the fray and tell you that you could not speak with a person they deemed "dangerous?" Or what if they deemed YOU dangerous and told your family they could not call you? Is Verizon a private company in charge of a private platform?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 05:57 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post

What if I ran Google and decided to bond together with a bunch of major tech companies in a concerted effort to ban Jojo's philosophical beliefs from the internet. Would you be okay with that?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 05:59 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
Would that platform include Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc.? At some point, platforms become public forums. When millions of every day Americans come to depend upon social platforms to communicate and to share news and information, a line is crossed and a social norm is born. When a Browser like Firefox or Google or Internet Explorer team up to censor speech how does one communicate with others via the World Wide Web?
Where is that line and who decides where that line is? At what point do we get to use government to enforce rules on speech upon them?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 06:00 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
What steps would you take if your phone provider decided to enter the fray and tell you that you could not speak with a person they deemed "dangerous?" Or what if they deemed YOU dangerous and told your family they could not call you? Is Verizon a private company in charge of a private platform?
I'd switch providers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 06:23 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Where is that line and who decides where that line is? At what point do we get to use government to enforce rules on speech upon them?

I say we just start our own internet. Who's in? I'm sure if we pooled enough money together we could rival Microsoft, Apple, and all those other Mega-Tech companies who control the entire internet.

What happens when the Tech-Censorship goes beyond Google, Firefox, and George Soros and creeps into the headquarters of Microsoft, Verizon, and the other giant corporations who are forcing Americans into a corner? Are WE THE PEOPLE the government of the USA or aren't we? When we do nothing now we will never be able to do anything later.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 06:25 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
I'd switch providers.

And when that provider (like Firefox) changes their political tune or is purchased by a Google or AT&T? Then what?
Old 06-26-2019, 06:26 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
I say we just start our own internet. Who's in? I'm sure if we pooled enough money together we could rival Microsoft, Apple, and all those other Mega-Tech companies who control the entire internet.

What happens when the Tech-Censorship goes beyond Google, Firefox, and George Soros and creeps into the headquarters of Microsoft, Verizon, and the other giant corporations who are forcing Americans into a corner? Are WE THE PEOPLE the government of the USA or aren't we? When we do nothing now we will never be able to do anything later.
What do you want to do?