How Bad Can it Get When President Trump IS NOT Impeached? - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 11-22-2019, 08:16 AM
cogito ergo sum

Thanked 194,061 Times in 39,374 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfountain2 View Post
Sounds like a good topic for an actual political forum like freespeechforum.net
Free speech my butt.
I got banned from there and did nothing wrong.
So much for free speech. Same ole same ole.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Nefarious1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 09:30 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,481 Times in 2,596 Posts

What happened to all the posts in this thread dealing with the same thing you are discussing with that other board?
Old 11-22-2019, 09:44 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,458 Times in 4,884 Posts

The 12/9 FISA declass thing is coming up. If the impeachment inquiry rolls into 2020 and the GOP gets to call their witnesses, a lot of crap is going to come out.

Does the DS want to head that off, anyway they can? Probably. Stock up now on extra food, batteries, ammo, gas if you can do it safely, prescriptions, etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 11:00 AM
cogito ergo sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconsBravesHawks View Post
What happened to all the posts in this thread dealing with the same thing you are discussing with that other board?
Nothing. I can post what I want in the DS of this site.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:08 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,481 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious1 View Post
Nothing. I can post what I want in the DS of this site.
What I mean is I thought in this thread there were several more posts from people talking about jfountain and why he posted a link to another website, and he said he had permission, and others were saying other stuff about that website. They all disappeared as will yours and mine I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to FalconsBravesHawks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 11:30 AM
Prepared

I really don't think they'd try to take him out JFK style, because they know there'd be more backlash than they could deal with. If they go that route, it would be something much more sneaky.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PreppingGal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 02:00 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,458 Times in 4,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreppingGal View Post
I really don't think they'd try to take him out JFK style, because they know there'd be more backlash than they could deal with. If they go that route, it would be something much more sneaky.
There are a zillion ways to kill someone quietly, just ask the CIA. They had all sorts of hare-brained methods they wanted to try out on Fidel Castro. I bet they have way better stuff now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 03:02 PM
cogito ergo sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconsBravesHawks View Post
What I mean is I thought in this thread there were several more posts from people talking about jfountain and why he posted a link to another website, and he said he had permission, and others were saying other stuff about that website. They all disappeared as will yours and mine I think.
OH. Not sure then.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nefarious1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 03:39 PM
Survivor

Location: Outside the Moderate Damage Radius, over the mountain and far away.
Thanked 5,128 Times in 1,762 Posts

The urban libtards who voted for Hillary are finally beginning to figure out that if they are going to be taxed to death to facilitate income redistribution and social programs.

Moody’s data shows that higher taxes would be paid disproportionately in Democratic-leaning states. The 12 states with the highest share of earners who would owe the higher taxes all voted for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election, led by New Jersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts.

Credit...Lee Jae Won/Reuters

By Neil Irwin • Nov. 19, 2019

Much of the Democratic primary race has focused on taxes aimed at the billionaire class — policies devised to reduce inequality and fund progressive goals on health care and education. But there’s also a less discussed tax increase in leading Democratic policy proposals that would affect not just a tiny sliver of the ultra-wealthy, but also millions of high-income workers. For these people, many of them affluent professionals in Democratic strongholds, it would be the biggest tax increase in recent memory...

Some Democrats in the thick of the presidential race and on Capitol Hill now seek to change or eliminate the Social Security cap — potentially placing a new double-digit tax on high earners, with several plans focusing on earnings above $250,000...

The result would be a large tax increase on high earners, even before other changes a Democratic administration might contemplate, such as increasing income tax rates or taxes on investment income...

Under Ms. Warren’s Social Security plan, and not incorporating any other changes to the tax code, a family with one wage earner making $300,000 a year, for example, would pay an extra $7,400 in tax each year...

“This is a much bigger deal for more households than the wealth tax,” said Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody’s Analytics...“The wealth tax is a mind shift, opening up a new source of revenue, but in terms of the number of people impacted, this is much bigger.”

For those making millions of dollars and living in a high-tax location like New York City, the combined marginal tax rate — including federal income tax, Medicare and Social Security tax, and state and local income tax — would be about 63 percent. Sweden currently has the highest top overall marginal tax rate among rich nations, at 60.1 percent, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

Moreover, the Warren and Sanders plans would apply Social Security taxes to investment income for the first time, not just to earnings. That would make it harder for high-income people to avoid taxes by reclassifying their labor income as business income. This has the potential to reduce the accumulation of savings, and over time reduce investment in the economy...

Moody’s data also shows that the higher taxes would be paid disproportionately in Democratic-leaning states. The 12 states with the highest share of earners who would owe higher taxes all voted for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election, led by New Jersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts.

“People who live in affluent areas and are making good money, are they going to jump with glee over paying more taxes?” said Representative John Larson, a Connecticut Democrat who is author of the congressional Democrats’ plan to expand Social Security benefits..."...people who have enjoyed high incomes will be willing to pay higher taxes to ensure that the Social Security system remains financially viable and that beneficiaries receive an adequate income."

“Are we prepared to look people in the eye and tell them that with the enormous wealth disparity we have that people who have worked all their lives shouldn’t be able to sustain themselves with dignity?” Mr. Larson said.

In effect, these proposals would raise taxes substantially on the people who have been the big winners in the 21st-century economy — high-income professionals who are disproportionately located in affluent coastal areas — and redistribute it to middle-income people nationwide...

“The goal is to provide economic security, so the first question is what level do we want and what is the fairest way to distribute the cost,” said Nancy Altman, president of Social Security Works, which advocates expanding benefits.

“Given income and wealth inequality in the last few decades, I think all of these proposals make sense..."

As the proposals get more focus and as the election debates wear on, a big question for 2020 is how much Democratic loyalists — who would be paying a lot of that bill — will remain behind it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neil Irwin is a senior economics correspondent for The Upshot. He is the author of “How to Win in a Winner-Take-All-World,” a guide to navigating a career in the modern economy. @Neil_Irwin • Facebook
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Outpost75 For This Useful Post: