Tulsa Army surplus stores - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone know any decent Army surplus stores in TEXAS ? thebluemax General Discussion 23 06-01-2014 12:00 PM
online surplus stores? xCONTRAKTx Reviews and questions 11 01-08-2013 01:02 PM
New England Military Surplus Stores? Mosman Looking for - want to buy 3 12-11-2012 08:51 AM
Suggestions for Camping, Survival or Surplus Stores in So Cal? Feuille Reviews and questions 4 05-26-2012 11:59 PM
surplus stores so.cal.eric Reviews and questions 10 11-14-2011 11:43 AM
Tulsa OK area Survival stores or events? ShellbackBill General Discussion 5 10-27-2011 03:27 AM
Signs of 'Survivalism' at surplus stores EVIDENCE Urban Survival 29 08-21-2011 12:02 PM
Oath Keepers: FBI Wants Surplus Stores To Spy on Customers silversam1 General Discussion 3 08-13-2011 01:40 AM
Surplus Stores The Voice Australia and New Zealand 24 08-08-2011 12:26 PM
army surplus stores? jmw55018 Reviews and questions 5 01-26-2009 08:48 PM

Old 12-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Patient Zero of WWZ

Thanked 10,486 Times in 3,421 Posts
Default Tulsa Army surplus stores

Advertise Here

I visited three Army Surplus stores in Tulsa area today.

Actually 2. One is now closed and what looks like a church has moved in. That one was at 903 S Memorial.

Another at Oklahoma Army Surplus 3942 S Memorial. This one was a pretty good sized store. A wide variety of stuff. Some not Army Surplus. Some camping and fishing gear. They had selection of just about everything you'd expect in and Army Surplus store.

My wife started talking about buying a Navy Uniform to bury me in. She's not allowed in Army/Navy Surplus stores again.

The prices seemed high to me. The prices of their Carhart jackets and coveralls definitely were high. Probably 30% higher than Tractor supply or Atwoods.

MRE entrees were 7 to 10 dollars.

They sell a brand of storage food in #10 cans.

Family Surplus & Thrift Store
1113 East Kenosha Street

Kind of half thrift store, half army surplus and not very big. Huge selection of socks.
Prices were OK. If you are looking for Boy Scout uniforms or books or supplies go here.
I bought a couple of small Boy Scout fire steels. My wife bought a sweater.
Nice people.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ShellbackBill For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Frreeedommm

Thanked 6,660 Times in 2,440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellbackBill View Post
I visited three Army Surplus stores in Tulsa area today.

Actually 2. One is now closed and what looks like a church has moved in. That one was at 903 S Memorial.

Another at Oklahoma Army Surplus 3942 S Memorial. This one was a pretty good sized store. A wide variety of stuff. Some not Army Surplus. Some camping and fishing gear. They had selection of just about everything you'd expect in and Army Surplus store.

My wife started talking about buying a Navy Uniform to bury me in. She's not allowed in Army/Navy Surplus stores again.

The prices seemed high to me. The prices of their Carhart jackets and coveralls definitely were high. Probably 30% higher than Tractor supply or Atwoods.

MRE entrees were 7 to 10 dollars.

They sell a brand of storage food in #10 cans.

Family Surplus & Thrift Store
1113 East Kenosha Street

Kind of half thrift store, half army surplus and not very big. Huge selection of socks.
Prices were OK. If you are looking for Boy Scout uniforms or books or supplies go here.
I bought a couple of small Boy Scout fire steels. My wife bought a sweater.
Nice people.
Heck, you may have bumped into my brother. I got a call around 11:45 this morning just before I teed off. My brother was asking if I knew of any other Army Surplus stores in Tulsa.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Patient Zero of WWZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat View Post
Heck, you may have bumped into my brother. I got a call around 11:45 this morning just before I teed off. My brother was asking if I knew of any other Army Surplus stores in Tulsa.
Was he the big guy with the beard?

Oklahoma Army Surplus was pretty busy.

There's also Sooner Surplus at 3190 W 21st St. It is supposed to have good prices and selection according to internet reviews.

I haven't been there yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Family Always Comes First

Thanked 1,812 Times in 463 Posts

Sooner Surplus is not an Army/Navy Surplus store. It is a store that sells stuff salvaged from Semi Truck Wrecks that the vendor was paid off by insurance and Sooner Salvages whatever they can and sells it for what they think you will pay.

I'm not putting them down. We have bought things from them before. I just don't want you to think that it's an Army/Navy Type Surplus store.

I have heard about another Army/Navy Surplus store in Tulsa. I have not been there before, but I trust the source that told me about it. It is located between 11th and 15th in the Gun Boat Park area which is just south of the downtown Tulsa Home Depot.

There are actually 2 stores there that you might be interedted in. The first one is a Coleman Camping Overstock Outlet. They have lots of camping equipment. I have been in there and it was worth checking out. The second one is the Army/Navy Surplus store and is supposed to be located a couple doors from the Coleman Store. A guy named Trent runs it and he used to work at the 39th & S. Memorial Army Surplus Store. I've known him for several years and he seems to be a great guy. I'm glad he finally got his own place and I do need to go see him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Medic73 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Cranky Old Guy

Was a surplus store East of Memorial on 46st St. in the industrial district. They carried alice gear, canteens, clothing and related surplus items. Prices were really great there.

I haven't been there in a year or so, so not sure if they are still in business.

added:

8512 East 46th Street
Tulsa
(918) 622-7887

Hope this helps.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Patient Zero of WWZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic73 View Post

There are actually 2 stores there that you might be interedted in. The first one is a Coleman Camping Overstock Outlet. They have lots of camping equipment. I have been in there and it was worth checking out. The second one is the Army/Navy Surplus store and is supposed to be located a couple doors from the Coleman Store. A guy named Trent runs it and he used to work at the 39th & S. Memorial Army Surplus Store. I've known him for several years and he seems to be a great guy. I'm glad he finally got his own place and I do need to go see him.

Google say it's I'll check it out when I get a chance.
Gunboat Park Military Surplus
1141 S Frankfort Ave Tulsa, OK 74120

(918) 622-7887
The Following User Says Thank You to ShellbackBill For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2011, 07:07 PM
Family Always Comes First

Thanked 1,812 Times in 463 Posts

Yep, that the one. I went in there the other day. I know the guy behind the counter from several years of buying surplus in the Tulsa Area, so it was good to "find Him" again.

Medic73
Old 01-07-2012, 06:05 PM

that is cool im down by HD all the time I will go check this store out
Old 01-24-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic73 View Post
Sooner Surplus is not an Army/Navy Surplus store. It is a store that sells stuff salvaged from Semi Truck Wrecks that the vendor was paid off by insurance and Sooner Salvages whatever they can and sells it for what they think you will pay.

I'm not putting them down. We have bought things from them before. I just don't want you to think that it's an Army/Navy Type Surplus store.

I have heard about another Army/Navy Surplus store in Tulsa. I have not been there before, but I trust the source that told me about it. It is located between 11th and 15th in the Gun Boat Park area which is just south of the downtown Tulsa Home Depot.

Daniel owns the store. Trent is an employee who runs the cash register and his mouth. The man is a freaking IDIOT! Great store though.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Frreeedommm

Thanked 6,660 Times in 2,440 Posts

Quote:
Was he the big guy with the beard?

Oklahoma Army Surplus was pretty busy.

There's also Sooner Surplus at 3190 W 21st St. It is supposed to have good prices and selection according to internet reviews.

I haven't been there yet.
He has a beard, but he is not very big.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Google say it's I'll check it out when I get a chance.
Gunboat Park Military Surplus
1141 S Frankfort Ave Tulsa, OK 74120

(918) 622-7887
This is on the Northwest corner of 11th and Frankfort.

I was in this one this morning and thought I'd pass along the information that they will be closing the doors permanently on August 15th (8/15/15). They still have some good stuff (web gear, clothing, helmets, boots) and quite a bit of WWll, Korean, Vietnam era collectables. Right now everything is 30% off. I told the guy that works there I'd pass that info along, just might be worth a look.
I hate to see em close, they always seemed to have more actual surplus than most these days.
The Following User Says Thank You to okiemax51 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2015, 05:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,952 Times in 6,469 Posts

Which is the yellow building by the car dealers right of the highway?
Old 07-24-2015, 05:53 PM
Limited Access Member

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,130 Posts

"Now days" seems there is a real shortage of "Good" mil surplus stores. Most inventory is not even DOD surplus but Chinese knock off to fleece the non vet. And vastly overpriced give the price Uncle Sam sells it for (or that it costs for the PLA/Chicoms to make it).. Makes you wonder where all the actual DOD surplus goes to, I think the wes merchants. There certainly is no shortage of merchandise as Obmuer closes down DOD.

Buy job lots yourself at www.govliquidation.com. Note that most of their auctions are no longer DOD surplus as they lost the wheeled vehicle contract.