Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 01-24-2020, 10:52 PM
Limited Access Member

Thanked 12,742 Times in 3,650 Posts

Advertise Here

`

This has a timeline as well as a tally & map of the confirmed cases.

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/0...navirus-cases/

Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2020, 11:12 PM
Time waits for no one

Thanked 1,083 Times in 259 Posts

This seems like it could blow up incredibly fast. Hope everyone has a plan and precautions. It will hit the fan once it gets into schools, the Super Bowl, and all the big festivals.
The Following User Says Thank You to Apathetic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2020, 11:19 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 25,106 Times in 7,406 Posts

Appears to be expanding exponentially. THIS COULD GET BAD FASTER & FASTER

coronavirus-cases-surge-in-china-europe-now-affected

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp
Old 01-24-2020, 11:27 PM
Prepared

Thanked 2,070 Times in 318 Posts

https://xw.qq.com/cmsid/TWF2020012301286800

Wuhan local government sets up emergency convoys to transport personnel and goods into city

https://xw.qq.com/cmsid/20200124V07BCT00

Local taxis refusing service to medical personnel

https://xw.qq.com/cmsid/20200123A0F64M00

foreign journalist refused access to Wuhan - seems reasonable actually if they let them in they could not leave
The Following User Says Thank You to Bittersweet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 12:00 AM
Prepared

Well this was unexpected

https://xw.qq.com/cmsid/TWF2020012500636400

Another reason they are having difficulty determining appropriate treatment is Typhoid fever?
---
Factories that produce their medical protective equipment let their workers go on holiday at the end of December. They must have some people who did not but unable to produce enough til the rest of the workers return. If those people traveled in the interim which is likely are they really going to be willing to return to plague city? I'm sure some will wish to return but some are going to run.

This seems to be a recurring theme...due to the long new years holiday they have many of the people needed to address the outbreak are not there, they left on holiday just before the scope of this known.
---
Some of their hospitals will be shut down entirely as they have no supplies at all. From the interview it seems he is expecting about half of them will be shut unless they can get resupplied from outside the province.

---
"the epidemic situation should be handled in accordance with the unified arrangement of Hubei Province's new coronavirus-infected pneumonia control headquarters. Don't accept overseas donations. "

Wuhan New Crown Pneumonia Prevention and Control Command Circular (No. 4) stipulated that "the epidemic prevention and control is not accepted for the time being. "Irrelevant materials and overseas donations"

Another recurring theme abide by the bureaucracy

---
This was an incredibly long article I have a feeling i missed much in it.

I feel things really could go much the same way in the US or EU if we start seeing a real outbreak. This isn't just a China thing. Systems are not that resilient and do we not see parking lots full of triage tents when we get a remarkable flu year?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bittersweet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 12:08 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,091 Times in 683 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
I'm watching the 2011 movie Contagion. It seems apropos.
We just watched it. Strikingly similar
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drill That Oil For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 12:12 AM
Survivor

Thanked 64,326 Times in 20,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
y

---
This was an incredibly long article I have a feeling i missed much in it.

I feel things really could go much the same way in the US or EU if we start seeing a real outbreak. This isn't just a China thing. Systems are not that resilient and do we not see parking lots full of triage tents when we get a remarkable flu year?
back when I was an EMT we knew that one good multi-vehicle accident would swamp an ER. (And we would have to transport to a different hospital.)

The line is INCREDIBLY thin.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 12:15 AM

Thanked 2,245 Times in 894 Posts

A step into sci-fi---

Video of an empty Beijing on New Year, and their precautions, including taking people's temperatures when they arrive at restaurants
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jim from 28DaysLater For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 12:15 AM
VIP Member

Exclamation Bogus Body Counts - This is 1918 all over again (Colt is Right!)

As we have suspected, the body count of 16 is totally ridiculous.

I have watched 5-10 videos from various twitter sources (Note this onehttps://mobile.twitter.com/IsChinar) and I counted at least 20 unattended bodies. The video of the halls of one hospital shows 5-8 bodies in 10 seconds, another showed several on the street and another showed hospital workers just chatting 30' away from a body unattended on the floor in what looked like a vestibule or front waiting room. There are dozens of videos that show dead on the street, again this thing is ahead of the reporting, those random bodies are far form any kind of accounting or reporting.

There were hundreds of people in line outside the hospital. If only those admitted have been counted, those counts are a joke too. This thing is so far ahead of what is being reported it's not even funny. I don't think this video is fake, as it was obvious what was going on, again, people passing out - there are separate videos detailing people passing out and cursing the government from that same line that match the videos of people in line.

I saw another video with the line of dozens of ambulances, and another with the APCs on the street. The gov't is trying to stay ahead of it but it's gone.

Another video claims that they are burning houses down when multiple dead are found inside. This was not clearly evident, but might make sense.

Those excavators in the big field? As many have stated, wrong equipment for clearing or leveling a field - but the exact equipment for mass graves...

Colt is right, this is the Spanish Flu all over again, it's not going to end us, but you will know people who die this go. I think it will fall very closely to the middle scenario shown in the movie Contagion but with more civil unrest because people just don't starve quietly.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sensibleprep For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 12:19 AM
VIP Member

Yes, I think we are headed for a real-life version of the movie "Contagion" but with more civil unrest and without that super convenient item in the story-line where the main character was immune...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sensibleprep For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 12:22 AM
Republic of Texas

Thanked 2,298 Times in 613 Posts

Has anyone else played the game Plague, Inc? Start a virus in China on the game and equip air for transmission then add medicine resistance like this has.

This is playing out strikingly similar to how that game runs in that scenario.

ETA: The game is valid (somewhat) for prediction. I'm not just being silly lol. The CDC even got involved with teaching the owners at one point.

https://www.ndemiccreations.com/en/n...inc-at-the-cdc
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OneFrugalPrepper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 12:27 AM
Trapper

Thanked 3,648 Times in 663 Posts

So apparently in addition to government officials under reporting cases and fatalities, I’ve seen more than one source saying that doctors who are afraid to rock the boat are choosing not to test patients who probably have the new virus to keep numbers low.

Found a news article about one patient who officially died of pneumonia whose family was told off the books by staff later that she actually passed from coronavirus. They rushed her to be cremated despite family wanting postmortem testing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...-say-relatives
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	66E80FD6-0411-41C3-99B7-B530439FE3D1_1579929837905.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	296542  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SAHMofTwins For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 12:30 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
back when I was an EMT we knew that one good multi-vehicle accident would swamp an ER. (And we would have to transport to a different hospital.)

The line is INCREDIBLY thin.
It's probably fine if there are just a few cases here and there but there is a point where it just snaps. In Wuhan it seems like they decided to lock the city down before they figure out how they would get stuff in to support the medical community and residents. I think there are going to be many many deaths not just from the new virus but from other illnesses because the system is overwhelmed and it's going to be impossible to determine which is which. They will all just go to the incinerator. Tempers are going to flare all kinds of crazy stuff is going to happen with people corralled in sick with healthy. I'm not even sure how long the rest of the country is going to hold out they are soon going to be overwhelmed as well with their own cases and unlikely to be able to provide any support to the in the current quarantine area.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see otherwise healthy people starving.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bittersweet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 12:30 AM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensibleprep View Post
Yes, I think we are headed for a real-life version of the movie "Contagion" but with more civil unrest and without that super convenient item in the story-line where the main character was immune...
Golly, this is so reminiscent of the first episode of the 70’s BBC Survivors show.

(You simply must watch it sometimes everyone!)
The Following User Says Thank You to SAHMofTwins For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 12:31 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 73,500 Times in 21,939 Posts

R0 - 3.8 (estimated)

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....23.20018549v1
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 12:37 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHMofTwins View Post
So apparently in addition to government officials under reporting cases and fatalities, Iíve seen more than one source saying that doctors who are afraid to rock the boat are choosing not to test patients who probably have the new virus to keep numbers low.

Found a news article about one patient who officially died of pneumonia whose family was told off the books by staff later that she actually passed from coronavirus. They rushed her to be cremated despite family wanting postmortem testing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...-say-relatives
I do not feel there is any kind of nefarious plot to not report numbers. Lets not forget they don't have the kits to test so there is an inability to report actual numbers. The frontline people are doing the best they can they really are. At this point sending the body off to the incinerator was probably the right call. They don't have time or resources to satisfy a demand by the family for postmortem testing. There are sick people who need treatment now. That postmortem testing would take time and resources away from the living.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bittersweet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 12:40 AM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crazy Next Door View Post
I have seen this info floating around several times. What say you?

https://twitter.com/lookner/status/1220852065397854209

曾錚 Jennifer Zeng
@jenniferatntd
Another reliable source whose relative is a #Wuhan urban management officer told me that according to internal information, about 100,000 people in Wuhan have been infected by #coronoavirus . 這是我一個很熟悉的朋友告訴我的,我相信她的消息是可靠的。
There’s a video on Twitter that’s supposed to be of a doctor in a Wuhan hospital. She’s begging for biohazard gear because they’re out. She claims that there’s 90k infected and that each sick person gets like a dozen people sick.

But, like I said, it’s a video in Mandarin floating around on the internet. Not only can I not say if it’s real or not, I can’t even tell if the off the cuff translations are right.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAHMofTwins For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 12:40 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
I have seen that report and did not post it. I don't think it's quite valid. They make a lot of assumptions that just can't be made. I'm still going with the WHO estimate which is an Ro of 1.4 to 2.5 which is bad enough. And really at this point all these are is estimates there isn't enough data available yet for anything solid.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bittersweet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 12:49 AM
Republic of Texas

Thanked 2,298 Times in 613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHMofTwins View Post
Thereís a video on Twitter thatís supposed to be of a doctor in a Wuhan hospital. Sheís begging for biohazard gear because theyíre out. She claims that thereís 90k infected and that each sick person gets like a dozen people sick.

But, like I said, itís a video in Mandarin floating around on the internet. Not only can I not say if itís real or not, I canít even tell if the off the cuff translations are right.
I've seen people who speak the language (or claim to) say that she actually says 90k dead and not just infected.

Who knows on that one unless you actually speak it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OneFrugalPrepper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 01:04 AM
Trapper

Looks like the government is barricading or in some cases destroying the roads out of Wuhan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IsChinar/...01405743034368

https://mobile.twitter.com/IsChinar/...83743323324416
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SAHMofTwins For This Useful Post: