Wal-Mart to end all Handgun/223/etc Ammunition sales - Page 5 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 09-05-2019, 12:56 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,081 Times in 474 Posts

Advertise Here

I really don't care if WM stops selling ammo. Other than 22 I don't buy ammo there anyway. Thats why I invested in a reloading set up. I always have ammo and panics have no effect on me. And the last 22 ammo I bought I bought from Academy.

What I do care about is a WM executive dealing himself into politics to reinstate magazine bans and gun bans that only affect the honest law abiding gun owners who really do not need laws because they know how to behave themselves. The WM executive will end up like Hollywood actors and actresses and rock stars like Madonna, Linda Ronstadt and Natalie Maines who just end up looking stupid for getting involved with politics.

I figured up last night that since the first of June I have spent over $800 at WM and Sams Club. And that doesn't count when I run in the store for bread or other small items and pay cash or count what my wife spends there.

I have to drive past a Mega H.E.B. and a new Aldi to get to Super WM. I guess in the future I will be stopping at Aldi and HEB instead of driving past them. The hell with Walmart. It was fun while it lasted but the parties over now.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hatchet jack For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2019, 02:20 PM
Harsh and unpleasant

Thanked 2,967 Times in 1,181 Posts

ZFG
I don't shop there anyway.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:22 PM
Militant Normal

Thanked 20,873 Times in 7,016 Posts

Family Dollar stores are popular because, in the inimitable words of one patron, "I don't have to get dressed up to go there like I do if I go to Walmart"
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 07:07 AM

Let wallyworld stop selling popular ammo. I don't shop there anyway. Now I will start telling people to boycott wallyworld since they do not support the entire US Constitution. As to prices, I have always found I can purchase ammo cheaper by the box or by the case online including delivery. Many times, I don't pay sales tax since the seller does not have a store in my state. Just my $0.02 worth.
The Following User Says Thank You to pyramid62 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 08:18 AM
Survivor

Thanked 12,208 Times in 4,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid62 View Post
Let wallyworld stop selling popular ammo. I don't shop there anyway. Now I will start telling people to boycott wallyworld since they do not support the entire US Constitution. As to prices, I have always found I can purchase ammo cheaper by the box or by the case online including delivery. Many times, I don't pay sales tax since the seller does not have a store in my state. Just my $0.02 worth.
What sort of device are you using to post?

As for sales tax, SCOTUS has ruled that states can collect tax from out of state sellers.
The days of ďtax freeĒ internet sales is doomed.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:14 AM
Survivor

Thanked 18,639 Times in 7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Putnam View Post
What sort of device are you using to post?

As for sales tax, SCOTUS has ruled that states can collect tax from out of state sellers.
The days of ďtax freeĒ internet sales is doomed.
Did they rule that or that states could collect taxes on purchases by state residents online from out of state sellers? If an online seller must file 50 separate sales tax returns every month, that will be a huge burden.

I do not know what SCOTUS ruled. I am just asking.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:28 AM
Prepared

Walmart can kiss my rear end. We have a Runnings store right next door that stocks WAY MORE guns and ammo and sporting goods than Wallyworld ever did. I won't be bothered.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:51 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Yankee View Post
Walmart can kiss my rear end. We have a Runnings store right next door that stocks WAY MORE guns and ammo and sporting goods than Wallyworld ever did. I won't be bothered.
Maybe not next door but I agree.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:20 PM
Closed for the Season.

Thanked 30,694 Times in 10,727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
Did they rule that or that states could collect taxes on purchases by state residents online from out of state sellers? If an online seller must file 50 separate sales tax returns every month, that will be a huge burden.

Can't say as to the ruling but I noticed that after July this year Ebay automatically charges sales tax as a separate thing for any purchase. So instead of merchants having to keep track and submit to the 50 States Ebay handles it.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:29 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post

Wayfair V South Dakota:
https://www.aicpa.org/advocacy/state...v-wayfair.html

States can now go after sellers in other states.

Also, for those thinking they are getting away with something by not paying a use tax on your out of state purchases there is very solid movement among many states to compile data on online buying.
If you get nailed for seven years of not claiming a use tax...
Old 09-06-2019, 12:32 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,983 Times in 1,177 Posts

Lots of guys painting a broad brush with LGS. Thousands of them across the country, some etremely expensive and some not. Worth checking them out. I know we wil order whatever ammo a person wants if legal. I try my darndest to be competitive. Not all shops do, I get it.

It kind of makes me smile some of the comments about order from the big box, shop at the big box, boo hoo the big box is playing politics. Really think about that, the more a supply chain is bottlenecked, the easier it is to control. We have lost industry galore in this coutry due to big box shopping (among lots of reasons). Seems to be happening with food as more grocery chains seem to be consolidating. Very few small, independent grocers in my area that up until recently, had lots of them. Similar with farms although the Mennonite and Amish farms are the exception. I don't know, I guess it is in my blood, I believe small and independent to the extent possible is a wonderful thing for business and families. Something about families working together and common goals maybe. Guess I may just be a dinosaur.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cat wrangler For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 01:11 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat wrangler View Post
Lots of guys painting a broad brush with LGS. Thousands of them across the country, some etremely expensive and some not. Worth checking them out. I know we wil order whatever ammo a person wants if legal. I try my darndest to be competitive. Not all shops do, I get it.

It kind of makes me smile some of the comments about order from the big box, shop at the big box, boo hoo the big box is playing politics. Really think about that, the more a supply chain is bottlenecked, the easier it is to control. We have lost industry galore in this coutry due to big box shopping (among lots of reasons). Seems to be happening with food as more grocery chains seem to be consolidating. Very few small, independent grocers in my area that up until recently, had lots of them. Similar with farms although the Mennonite and Amish farms are the exception. I don't know, I guess it is in my blood, I believe small and independent to the extent possible is a wonderful thing for business and families. Something about families working together and common goals maybe. Guess I may just be a dinosaur.
Every day for the past 15 years Iíve went by a small local grocery store, twice a day on every work day.

I used to stop a couple times a week to get fresh ground beef and other meats.

After a few years the quality went down and the price climbed.
Then the butcher either wasnít there or was a crab ass when he was.

The store smells.
Itís dark and dank.

I no longer stop there.

I use the local larger chain affiliated store in my town that is family owned.
Not as good, but I donít have to waste my time stopping to see if there is anyone there to cut meat because they always have freshly wrapped stuff in their cases.

I wish I could have kept supporting that small store but it seemed they didnít care to keep me as a customer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Israel Putnam For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 01:13 PM
Outside the box

Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH View Post
Ours doesnít seem to believe in inventory or shelf stock. Ask for an ammo can of 5.56 and watch the look you get. One of the owners told me nobody needs that much ammo at one time. Well I did for a class, so I went to Academy and got what I needed.
No one "needs" to do business with narrow minded business owners either for that matter.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aceoky For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,152 Posts

Was there a date on when they were planning on stopping or have they pulled or sold everything already?
Old 09-06-2019, 01:20 PM
Outside the box

Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,330 Posts

Rural King (very pro 2nd) , local groceries, probably CVS for the few RX needs; Wm may or may not miss our business, but that is not my problem. When they proclaimed they'd lobby for anti 2nd items they messed up big time Kroger & Walgreens followed "the blind leader " and also cut their own throats.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:56 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEPOE View Post
Was there a date on when they were planning on stopping or have they pulled or sold everything already?
They will continue to sell existing stock.
When itís depleted they are ordering no more.
The Following User Says Thank You to Israel Putnam For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 02:41 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Putnam View Post
Wayfair V South Dakota:
https://www.aicpa.org/advocacy/state...v-wayfair.html

States can now go after sellers in other states.

Also, for those thinking they are getting away with something by not paying a use tax on your out of state purchases there is very solid movement among many states to compile data on online buying.
If you get nailed for seven years of not claiming a use tax...
I know SC law, [it did 20 years ago] that the seller must pay with the option of passing the tax on to customers.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:44 AM
Survivor

Thanked 45,672 Times in 13,385 Posts

Rural King sells guns and ammo very competitively if you've got one nearby. They're excellent stores in general.
The Following User Says Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 12:22 PM
Survivor

My local Walmart had no handgun ammo after I left. Somebody beat me to all the 38 special.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:39 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,396 Times in 1,219 Posts

Does not appear Walmart marked down any of their ammo as of today. If they truly believed this would make a difference they should of destroyed their inventory or donate it to local police.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Scout Survivor For This Useful Post: