Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
70% of Venezuela blacked out Slats Manmade and Natural Disasters 67 09-30-2019 11:22 AM
Venezuela people need our help right now. elZ Manmade and Natural Disasters 160 07-29-2017 10:42 PM
venezuela johbren Financial Forum 30 02-02-2017 03:06 PM
Meanwhile in Venezuela... Sean_6399 General Discussion 0 07-31-2015 02:53 AM
What Everyone Is Ignoring In Venezuela Shank Mares Wife General Discussion 10 04-25-2014 12:11 PM
Meanwhile in Venezuela ... real wowwee Political News and Discussion 10 03-26-2014 09:07 AM
Venezuela George Newbill General Discussion 1 10-08-2012 11:40 AM
Coming soon... Russian missiles in Venezuela Lady Bug(ging) General Discussion 26 07-25-2008 09:20 AM
Venezuela's Clown at it again madcritter General Discussion 15 01-27-2008 05:46 PM
Venezuela shawn General Discussion 3 06-27-2007 12:14 AM

Old 08-01-2018, 07:36 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,091 Times in 683 Posts

Advertise Here

They have nothing much to fight with since the government owns all. The new problem is the fact that this has been going on since Chavez. There are young adults and teenagers that have lived like this their whole life. They don’t know any difference or what’s its like on the other side
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drill That Oil For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Limited Access Member

Thanked 9,450 Times in 4,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNGRIZZ View Post
I was listening from some real horror stories about the happenings in venezuela and my analysis may seem a bit harsh and no offense is meant toward greg. But the people of venezuela brought this on themselves it is no ones fault but their own ! The children who are having to endure this need to hold their parents accountable along with the establishment politicians , military, judicary and police officers and their families for this freaking willingly , and knowingly self chosen national disaster of biblical proportions! Until they start hanging , summarily executing , either via machete or firing squad , the people of venezuela will get no sympathy from me. Jmho and s/fi imho there are 2 kinds of people those who can not defend them selves and those that willingly choose not too , not only do they choose not too they have willingly chosen to prevent themselves from having the means too defend themselves , so whatever happens to them is their own freiking fault and the blood of their children and grand children is on their own heads, i dgaf and furthermore i feel the same way about europe! S/fi
Eh, it sounds nice, but not realistic brother.

You can't apply a way of thinking and values germane to the US to other countries and people and expect them to think and or act as we may. Also children shouldn't be accountable for their parents or ancestors actions. I'm not going to go blaming some random German for nazi crimes 70 years ago they had nothing to do with personally. I'm also not going to go give someone a hard time for communism in their home nation when they have nothing to do with the system in place there.

It's also wrong to fault the citizen for being under the influence of propaganda and for being ignorant of other systems or ways of thinking. Propaganda is powerful and it works wonders on our own people, its hypocrisy to expect people in other countries to resist propaganda so matter of fact-ly when our own nation has the same problem of propaganda and it's so bad tha masses dont even see it - further proof of it's effectiveness.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2018, 01:45 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,884 Times in 6,236 Posts

No matter , my dgaf meter is pegged out! World history is something everyone should know and when they elected chavez and willingly chose to go down that road and allowed themselves to be disarmed for the good of the children of course , their wives and children getting raped and or sold into sexual slavery is their own gd fault!
Old 08-03-2018, 08:33 AM
I travel light

Thanked 3,320 Times in 740 Posts

Dear fellows, I am going to explain (perhaps I did not made it clear in my previous posts) something that I have come to deduct already in 2009 or perhaps earlier. I started to notice some guys in powerful positions in the government that had been IN PRISON. For some reason or another. Uncle hugo was already sick those years I think, but it was kept under secrecy. Chances are he was being coerced somehow. Rumors said he died screaming in pain, asking for Godīs help, go figure. But the truth is, and I am a witness of this, that this is a CRIMINAL GANG, including national guard chiefs, police and "intelligence" corps, all added with the colectivos to keep the people under control. Please take some time to read about Valentin Santana and Colectivo La piedrita and colectivo 23 de Enero. These are common gangs, disguised as some sort of cultural or community associations. They kidnap, steal and charge bribes to merchandisers in their area. I know a boy whose father is a hardware store owner, he was threatened, and closed his store. He barely managed to get out the most valuable merchandise and equipment, as a thief, in his own store, at the middle of the night. Left behind some of the most bulky and cheap products for the gangs, and the local.
Our gun culture was almost non existent; gun owning was not as common as in other countries, specially in the major cities. Rifle shooting was mainly done with small caliber, sporting rifles. Hunting is not a tolerated activity because our wild fauna has been diminishing for decades (because of the corruption of the national guard, indeed) and was almost banned.

This is not a "bad government". This is not because of our "bad choices".

Teengrizz I appreciate your words, and your gesture but with all due respect my friend, you missed the point there. And trust me, one of those toting a liberated AK will be this whose fingers are typing, once the moment arrives, if some friendly government calls us to arms and offers a ride in a C-130 or an Apache, machete in my belt and armed to the teeth. I am not another Oscar Perez, and wonīt leave behind a sad history to my kids.

I will leave them a legacy they could tell to the grandsons with the forehead pretty high and their backs straight, that his old man died like a patriot, with the republican ideas fighting those who took over our land.

If they did not arrive to the power by elections they would have taken it by force. They are not a bad government, I insist: they are a criminal, international, organized criminal band sponsored by Russian and Chinese mafias, to take over all our natural resources. Look at what they are doing in our gold mines area: total devastation. The national guards there are making fortunes. The "governor" of that state is a military warlord, just like your best African thugs. He is sharing the pie with the guerrillas forces that hate US: Farc and ELN, so the problem is huge. Any government that supports this forces is NOT a democratic one, is a ROGUE one. One of the main criticisms from me about this was Uncle hugo getting his nose in the Colombian problem, and it was just to concede OUR country for these illegal forces to roam freely and mess our society and our economy.

And with another gang in Mexico, guess where are they going next.

Thanks for your always needed support my friends. I appreciate all of your attention and assistance.

The best is still to come: people is calling to the arms in the social networks. From INSIDE the country despite the danger of being tracked. It is just about to boil over.

Be safe, and God bless us and help us in this hour of despair.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Greg5791 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2018, 08:47 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,751 Posts

Indeed the population of Venezuela was used as "useful idiots" by Chavez and his Gang supported by shadow forces but sooner or later the gangs, be them communist, drugs, slavery, etc, will attack a country and if that country does not have robust social institutions then there is a danger that the country is hijacked from history towards anarchy and even, God forbid, total destruction. Only force can correct this problem. The power of regular citizens can correct it if they have the tools. If the cause is just, the citizens can overpower the gangs because the thieves are always more coward then they show themselves in public. Good luck Greg and Venezuelan good people.
The Following User Says Thank You to cat1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,884 Times in 6,236 Posts

I am with you greg it is just the stories are so horrific and could have been prevented by studying history and taking those hard learned bloody lessons to heart. Simon bolivar is spinning in his grave for sure. Yelling wtf in spanish and several languages. I still value our on line friendship and did not mean to sound so harsh. I am almost 50 and still in dang good shape people like those in charge of that gd banana republic. If i had my way there punishment would be begging for death and mercy and receiving neither . I would get straight up medieval on them. S/fi! Greg and god bless and keep you and yours!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TENNGRIZZ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2018, 11:43 PM
I travel light

Thanked 3,320 Times in 740 Posts

TennGrizz I know man! I certainly appreciate your friendship, please donīt think for a minute that I am mad or something. It was just a comment and remember that I am not familiar with american english as much as I would like and some expressions I use can be too weak or too heavy or plain confuse. I appreciate all the comments, because they offer different perspectives. You people have been supportive, and I feel that you have made an extra effort to understand how our national idiosyncrasy worked against us. In the country where I am now, I have found some wonderful people too..and they use some expressions in spanish that sometimes confuses us too.
I am a combative man, but sometimes I start to feel tired to keep combating and seeing the thugs and criminals going away unharmed after having caused so much pain to innocent people.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greg5791 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2018, 11:40 AM
Prepared

Thanked 1,067 Times in 290 Posts

Wind of Change?

Under-fire Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro admitted his economic model has "failed" in the wake of food and medicine shortages and public service paralysis, such as Tuesday's power failure that affected 80 percent of Caracas.

http://www.france24.com/en/20180731-...omy-has-failed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uweron For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2018, 06:38 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 25,104 Times in 7,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uweron View Post
Wind of Change?

Under-fire Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro admitted his economic model has "failed" in the wake of food and medicine shortages and public service paralysis, such as Tuesday's power failure that affected 80 percent of Caracas.

http://www.france24.com/en/20180731-...omy-has-failed
Maduro just states the obvious.
Nothing new to the starving populace & the rest of the world.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:55 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 25,104 Times in 7,406 Posts

Maduro-survives-alleged-drone-assassination-attempt

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp
Old 08-04-2018, 08:04 PM
Survivor

Thanked 14,006 Times in 5,343 Posts

Interesting.

Maduro has worked very, very hard at making the problem as bad as it could possibly be. There is a shortage of meds and so they made it illegal to mail meds into the country. There was a shortage of food so they made it illegal to mail food into the country. The food production was threatened and so they made it illegal for farmers to buy seed or fertilizer or tractor parts from anybody but the government, and then they delayed the seed and fertilizer until the time of planting had been passed. And, I have heard it takes months to receive the tractor parts. This is profitable for the government, as if a crop is not brought off the government will confiscate the farm.

So, now Maduro is stating what everybody already knows.

In my opinion Maduro is simply stalling while he finishes looting everything he can from that poor country. And I think he would like to cool peoples' anger so he does not get murdered while he squeezes Venezuela for all that he can get out of it
The Following User Says Thank You to Kansas Terri For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2018, 11:14 PM
Trapper

CBS reported tonight 8-4-2018 The Venezuela presidents speech was cut short by an explosion.
Gas can is what they are saying was used in an attack. I say it was folks running A generator and more than likely trying to fill t with the engine running.
Any site reps yet?
The Following User Says Thank You to Draqwraith For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2018, 12:15 AM
Survivor

Thanked 14,006 Times in 5,343 Posts

Ah. Somebody attacked using a drone. Some of the Senators were injured.

If Maduro was thinking about leaving the country, this might speed up his plans.

https://www.wired.com/story/venezuel...maduro-threat/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kansas Terri For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2018, 12:33 AM
Omnes homines resurgere

Thanked 1,758 Times in 449 Posts

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/08...o-kill-me.html

My gut instinct is this was staged, smoke and mirrors. I think it's very interesting that the only one reacting in the still is his wife. Even the bodyguard type right behind the "target" isn't flinching or moving to protect his principal from the threat.

Geopolitically, it feels like a dumb move to blame Columbia. Unless this is meant to be a justification for an attack...but I can't see the benefit. The man is desperate, though. It could be this is an effort to crush the last vestiges of opposition in Venezuela, and that does make sense in a limited way. It still doesn't change the fundamentals.

What is the end game here? The old model has leadership sneaking off in the middle of the night to prepared safe havens with their stolen millions. They haven't bailed yet, and I thought they would after the sanctions and the cold shoulder from China. They have no allies willing or able to help.

Any thoughts? I'm also thinking on the logistics of fleeing a crumbling country, and it's not pretty.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DarkPhoenix13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2018, 01:09 AM
Cat and parrot whisperer

Thanked 2,001 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix13 View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/08...o-kill-me.html

My gut instinct is this was staged, smoke and mirrors. I think it's very interesting that the only one reacting in the still is his wife. Even the bodyguard type right behind the "target" isn't flinching or moving to protect his principal from the threat.

Geopolitically, it feels like a dumb move to blame Columbia. Unless this is meant to be a justification for an attack...but I can't see the benefit. The man is desperate, though. It could be this is an effort to crush the last vestiges of opposition in Venezuela, and that does make sense in a limited way. It still doesn't change the fundamentals.

What is the end game here? The old model has leadership sneaking off in the middle of the night to prepared safe havens with their stolen millions. They haven't bailed yet, and I thought they would after the sanctions and the cold shoulder from China. They have no allies willing or able to help.

Any thoughts? I'm also thinking on the logistics of fleeing a crumbling country, and it's not pretty.
If it gets to the point where they are SERIOUSLY losing their grip on power they will use ANYTHING and ANY lie to distract the public and do whatever they can do to keep that power. This has already been going on too long in Venezuela. Makes me doubt that the leadership is in jeopardy of losing anything. I think the public is just suffering, but the government has enough muscle in the police and military backing them to keep things tamped down and the public is apparently not suffering to the point of where they say "to heck with it" and hit the streets en masse. Unless that happens, IMHO Venezuela will just limp on like a zombie from "The Walking Dead." It's sad and I wish the situation would change, whatever needs to happen. But I don't see it happening any time soon.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:39 AM
Omnes homines resurgere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinthor View Post
If it gets to the point where they are SERIOUSLY losing their grip on power they will use ANYTHING and ANY lie to distract the public and do whatever they can do to keep that power. This has already been going on too long in Venezuela. Makes me doubt that the leadership is in jeopardy of losing anything. I think the public is just suffering, but the government has enough muscle in the police and military backing them to keep things tamped down and the public is apparently not suffering to the point of where they say "to heck with it" and hit the streets en masse. Unless that happens, IMHO Venezuela will just limp on like a zombie from "The Walking Dead." It's sad and I wish the situation would change, whatever needs to happen. But I don't see it happening any time soon.

You make some good points. Clearly the security forces and outside elements are being given enough incentive to keep the government. How far is it reaching down, though? Generals may be the bosses, but it's the lowly private that does the dirty work. I wonder about the NonComs, too. Are they getting a cut?

I've been told stories of the bread lines in the Soviet Union and Russia. This seems so much worse. I know personally that humanity can endure some hard things. But everyone has their breaking point. I hate seeing this happen through corruption and criminal mismanagement.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkPhoenix13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2018, 02:56 AM
Limited Access Member

Thanked 9,450 Times in 4,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg5791 View Post
Dear fellows, I am going to explain (perhaps I did not made it clear in my previous posts) something that I have come to deduct already in 2009 or perhaps earlier. I started to notice some guys in powerful positions in the government that had been IN PRISON. For some reason or another. Uncle hugo was already sick those years I think, but it was kept under secrecy. Chances are he was being coerced somehow. Rumors said he died screaming in pain, asking for Godīs help, go figure. But the truth is, and I am a witness of this, that this is a CRIMINAL GANG, including national guard chiefs, police and "intelligence" corps, all added with the colectivos to keep the people under control. Please take some time to read about Valentin Santana and Colectivo La piedrita and colectivo 23 de Enero. These are common gangs, disguised as some sort of cultural or community associations. They kidnap, steal and charge bribes to merchandisers in their area. I know a boy whose father is a hardware store owner, he was threatened, and closed his store. He barely managed to get out the most valuable merchandise and equipment, as a thief, in his own store, at the middle of the night. Left behind some of the most bulky and cheap products for the gangs, and the local.
Our gun culture was almost non existent; gun owning was not as common as in other countries, specially in the major cities. Rifle shooting was mainly done with small caliber, sporting rifles. Hunting is not a tolerated activity because our wild fauna has been diminishing for decades (because of the corruption of the national guard, indeed) and was almost banned.

This is not a "bad government". This is not because of our "bad choices".

Teengrizz I appreciate your words, and your gesture but with all due respect my friend, you missed the point there. And trust me, one of those toting a liberated AK will be this whose fingers are typing, once the moment arrives, if some friendly government calls us to arms and offers a ride in a C-130 or an Apache, machete in my belt and armed to the teeth. I am not another Oscar Perez, and wonīt leave behind a sad history to my kids.

I will leave them a legacy they could tell to the grandsons with the forehead pretty high and their backs straight, that his old man died like a patriot, with the republican ideas fighting those who took over our land.

If they did not arrive to the power by elections they would have taken it by force. They are not a bad government, I insist: they are a criminal, international, organized criminal band sponsored by Russian and Chinese mafias, to take over all our natural resources. Look at what they are doing in our gold mines area: total devastation. The national guards there are making fortunes. The "governor" of that state is a military warlord, just like your best African thugs. He is sharing the pie with the guerrillas forces that hate US: Farc and ELN, so the problem is huge. Any government that supports this forces is NOT a democratic one, is a ROGUE one. One of the main criticisms from me about this was Uncle hugo getting his nose in the Colombian problem, and it was just to concede OUR country for these illegal forces to roam freely and mess our society and our economy.

And with another gang in Mexico, guess where are they going next.

Thanks for your always needed support my friends. I appreciate all of your attention and assistance.

The best is still to come: people is calling to the arms in the social networks. From INSIDE the country despite the danger of being tracked. It is just about to boil over.

Be safe, and God bless us and help us in this hour of despair.
I will respond to your PMs as soon as I can brother, be well!

Meanwhile, this:

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2018, 08:48 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,988 Times in 2,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix13 View Post
My gut instinct is this was staged...
Also my first reaction.

Greg
The Following User Says Thank You to manimalist For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2018, 01:50 AM
Omnes homines resurgere

I can't seem to find an uninterrupted clip, This is the best I could find.

The reaction time for the body guards is well over 4 seconds. I assume the objects they are holding up are kevlar panels, though they seem to be very flimsy. The report from the Fire Department is a gas canister explosion blocks away from the ceremony. The audio quality isn't great, but it does sound like it is distant. The drone story sounds like 100% bunk IMO. If it was remotely operated and detonated, I believe it would have succeeded. If what we saw is the actual response training of the Venezuelan version of the Secret Service detail, it is laughable IMO.

End of the day, this will be used by the government to crack down on whatever is left of the Opposition.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DarkPhoenix13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2018, 05:22 AM

Incredible that these socialist thugs seem to be trying to make Columbia the scapegoat as their country is crumbling around them due to the implementation of their own socialist ideology.

I hope the people of Venezuela rise up and hang those responsible for all this suffering.

-W
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eastmanwes For This Useful Post: