Survivalist Forum banner

Panzer Arms BP-12 Bullpup Shotgun 12ga

28K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  fflincher 
#1 ·
I was just talking to my son and he brought this up. Said hes thinking about picking one up and trying it out. At around $520-530, it seems like a pretty good deal, if it works reliably.

I watched a couple of video reviews on it, and the one boy started from out of the box, and had a number of stoppages, but said they cleared up after about 100 rounds of buck and slugs. Apparently, it doesnt like birdshot.

Comes with sights and two 5 round mags too. 10 rounders are available as well, but look a bit awkward.

Looks like a pretty handy package and easily adapted if you want to add a red dot, light ect.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/panzer-arms-bullpup-bp12-12-gauge-shotgun

This is a link to the "worst" or more realistic review.....

There are a number of others videos if you look around.

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
Looks interesting. I can see some issues and headaches however. First, parts availability and cost. What is the short or long term prognosis? I'm guessing poor. Second, reliability.

I like the idea of bullpups and own a bullpup rifle. I find that there's almost zero circumstances where it is a benefit over a standard carbine, however. Same applies to shotguns. What does saving 4 or 10 inches on OAL actually "do" for me in a realistic HD or range outting?

If I were in the market for a semi-auto shotgun, I'd stick with reputable companies and designs like Mossy 930 or Remy 1100 or 1187 or the Benelli guns.

#4 ·
What does saving 4 or 10 inches on OAL actually "do" for me in a realistic HD or range outting?
The same things AR pistols do?

Easier to carry in a vehicle, easier to stow away (I keep one in the spare tire well of the Jeep), easier to hide, faster to bring up and aim, easier to clear rooms with, less sticking out for someone to grab and get leverage. Generally lighter and easier to sling, although that may not apply to bullpups.

JMHO :cool:

#3 ·
They claim it knocks 10" off the OAL compared to standard type 18" shotguns (OAL is only 29.5"). So it is a good bit shorter, making it a good bit handier.

Everything on it appears to be ambi capable, and it looks like it can be shot from the left shoulder without issue.

The reliability issue would be my worry, but if it breaks in and runs after a short initial break-in, that shouldnt be any worse than anything else these days.

Looks interesting, and I think the mags are a better idea than the tube fed for a couple of reasons, but it still wouldnt change my choice for what I keep my AR pistols for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.