12.00 Home security and portable perimeter security solution. - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Perimeter Security - DIY Laser Tripwire Armed in Alpharetta DIY - Do It Yourself 5 03-02-2014 08:20 PM
Man Freaking Out (with perimeter security commentary) george4inflationus General Discussion 2 07-13-2013 11:36 AM
BOL Perimeter security OZWARRIOR Australia and New Zealand 3 05-27-2013 05:52 PM
Cheap DIY Home Security, Camp Security, Bug out Security Vibration alarm Festes DIY - Do It Yourself 3 05-10-2012 11:09 PM
Perimeter Security germantrader10 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 39 12-18-2011 08:56 PM
Perimeter security gypsyanna General Discussion 5 02-13-2011 12:20 PM
perimeter security jake run Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 9 02-15-2010 09:45 PM
Let's talk perimeter security swwjeff Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 32 06-16-2009 02:49 PM
Perimeter Security texasok63 Urban Survival 50 03-02-2008 12:32 AM

Old 08-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Evil light House Keeper

Default 12.00 Home security and portable perimeter security solution.

Advertise Here

Useful on doors and windows. Also handy to put in a bug out bag or BOV to secure a perimeter (you can make a tripwire system by rubber banding the contact part to the alarm and attaching the tripwire to the contact part)

I have seen various models locally for much less, but you get the idea.

Amazon.com: Mini Wireless Door & Window... cover
Amazon.com: Mini Wireless Door & Window...
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Brian from MI For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 06:28 PM
The 5 Will Survive

Thanked 6,448 Times in 1,869 Posts

You can also use GE personal alarms less then 5.00 bucks at lowes. Emits a 120 decimel siren.
as a personal security alarm I do not think it would do much good, but as a door alarm or tripwire it works well.
The Following User Says Thank You to jodier7 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 09:16 PM

I have these and they sit in a junk drawer. In theory they would be awesome, but they are made for windows and doors with no trim on a completely flat surface. Who has a door or window like that today? Not me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Evil light House Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoiltent View Post
I have these and they sit in a junk drawer. In theory they would be awesome, but they are made for windows and doors with no trim on a completely flat surface. Who has a door or window like that today? Not me.

I have trim and they work fine on mine. They don't have to be perfectly flat and touching each other.
Nothing says "troll account" like three posts right off the bat, all negative and showing pretty good navigation of a "new site"
I predict a long and heavily contributing future. /sarcasm.
This should turn out well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brian from MI For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 11:02 PM
Freedom isn't free.

Location: Region 4 - beseiged by communists/ corporate fascists/ criminals...
Thanked 12,384 Times in 3,961 Posts

My local dollar stores have those magnet type window alarms right now. That would work especially well to alarm a trail leading to a camp or even a door or stairway in an urban environment.

I found personal key chain alarms that activate when a pin is pulled and they function pretty well for this application as well.

20 lb Powerpro fishing line makes an ideal trip wire for these alarms. Being made from Spectra, it has no stretch, It comes in dark green or brown, It's extremely small in diameter for it's breaking strength so it is very hard to see.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CrypticCRICKET For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Crazy

Thanked 10,535 Times in 3,424 Posts

I bet a few pig heads on a stick around your camp would be a good deterrent also. On second thought they might think you have fresh bacon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John_Auberry For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Evil light House Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticCRICKET View Post

I found personal key chain alarms that activate when a pin is pulled and they function pretty well for this application as well.

20 lb Powerpro fishing line makes an ideal trip wire for these alarms. Being made from Spectra, it has no stretch, It comes in dark green or brown, It's extremely small in diameter for it's breaking strength so it is very hard to see.
Yeah, I had one of those a while back. (personal alarm) black one, kinda rectangular? That sucker was LOUD.

And I know the line of which you speak. Burned the crap out of my hand running that stuff through it.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian from MI View Post
I have trim and they work fine on mine. They don't have to be perfectly flat and touching each other.
Nothing says "troll account" like three posts right off the bat, all negative and showing pretty good navigation of a "new site"
I predict a long and heavily contributing future. /sarcasm.
This should turn out well.
Wow no need for the hate I'm glad they worked out for you. I said they didn't for me because of the trim... Doesn't work for everyone and I felt that was worth saying.

Apparently you didnt even read my first post because i was dispelling myths about diabetes in SHFT to save people's LIVES. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:23 PM
The 5 Will Survive

Thanked 6,448 Times in 1,869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticCRICKET View Post
My local dollar stores have those magnet type window alarms right now. That would work especially well to alarm a trail leading to a camp or even a door or stairway in an urban environment.

Trip Wire Alarm - Homemade, simple, and loud. - YouTube

The personal alarms work awesome, in fact , your video inspired me to make my own. I use dark green spider wire. In a low light setting it almost completely disappears.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:43 PM

Fishing line,blast caps and large rat traps work well too. My dog usually does the trick for home & camp,but for gardens and storage the other is good,its multi-purpose.