A chicken in every pot or Pot in every house? - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New House andNew Chicken Run/Pen somc74 Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 4 01-17-2015 04:47 PM
New chicken house kev Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 10 09-30-2014 02:35 PM
Best way to secure a chicken house kev Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 3 05-26-2014 08:51 PM
Want to rebuild chicken house ATST DIY - Do It Yourself 19 05-23-2014 05:54 PM
Looking For The Best Mountain House Product With Chicken In It Benefactor Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 5 10-13-2013 12:08 AM
Moving the chicken house to the farm kev Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 2 07-23-2013 01:54 AM
Chicken house hoop enclosure carlnpa Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 4 06-27-2012 07:49 PM
My New Chicken House spc13b Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 6 01-03-2012 02:44 PM
Chicken House (coop) Festes Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 11 05-18-2011 06:56 PM
Advice on a cheap chicken house? JoeKan Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 10 02-20-2011 02:43 PM

Old 01-08-2014, 10:07 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 6,287 Times in 2,436 Posts
Default A chicken in every pot or Pot in every house?

Advertise Here

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-plants-per-h/

DC, the city not the comic book company, proposes making it legal to have six pot plants to be grown in every house
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,899 Times in 3,813 Posts

Sure, why not. People brew beer/mead/wine at home. They can grow tobbacco, or poppies. Prohibition was stupid.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Dragonid For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 12:20 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonid View Post
Sure, why not. People brew beer/mead/wine at home. They can grow tobbacco, or poppies. Prohibition was stupid.
I'm for re-legalizing drugs and for re-legalizing the sale of medicines through pharmacies without a doctor's prescription.

It should be either legal to have plants or illegal to have plants. Setting an arbitrary number seems rather...arbitrary.

I see no sense in making a rule that six hemp plants are legal but seven lands you in jail.

How are you going to stop the number of hemp plants you have at exactly seven? Plants have seeds which drop to the ground, sprout and create new plants.

Even if you grow them in a pot...um, container, there could easily be multiple plants in the same container without the grower being particularly aware of it.

If this passes into law, I foresee law enforcement using the limit as a way to harass people who are trying to comply with the law.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:43 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 64,219 Times in 15,110 Posts

Sounds to me like a case of letting people dumb themselves down even more than they already are and so make themsekves easier for the government to control. People want pot legalized, great, give it to them. Then they will be even more compliant sheeple.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:49 AM
Indefatigable

Thanked 43,182 Times in 13,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHannah View Post
Sounds to me like a case of letting people dumb themselves down even more than they already are and so make themsekves easier for the government to control. People want pot legalized, great, give it to them. Then they will be even more compliant sheeple.
Do you feel the same about those who use alcohol?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 02:11 AM
Survivor

Thanked 64,331 Times in 20,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHannah View Post
A month ago the VA gave me muscle relaxers, anti inflamatories, and narcotics.
Strong narcotics. I've been taking them since I got back from Iraq in 2005.

This is worse how? (except for not being taxable, or controlled by the American Medical Association, Dr's, or drug companies)

Note: the only illegal drug/ abuse I've ever taken was my GF's prescribed cold meds when I was sick.... When I was in high school.
I'll try pot when the Fed makes it legal. Not before.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 02:29 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
Do you feel the same about those who use alcohol?
I don't see any difference between pot and alcohol. They can both turn you into stoned sheeple and it should be a person's right to choose whether to be mentally here or mentally elsewhere. Pot and/or alcohol aren't what I choose to do with my life but its not my right to interfere with others and society doesn't have a blank check to interfere.

If given the choice, I'd legally treat pot like an alcohol public drunkenness or DWI. If you make yourself a nuisance or menace, then the government should step in but not before.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:05 AM
Hiker

Thanked 1,179 Times in 403 Posts

Guns and Cannabis...what could possibly go wrong?
Old 01-09-2014, 03:24 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Burbanite View Post
Guns and Cannabis...what could possibly go wrong?
I'm kind of an odd guy.

I'm an A-hole, but I seem to know, and get along with all kinds of people.

I've know potheads who work for $10/hour, and ones that owned businesses and made $200k+/year.

It's not the plant. It's the person.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:28 AM
Target Shooter

wow, not many fans of mary jane around here eh?

nomad, 2nd you seem to not have a thanks button for that post,
but thanks
Old 01-09-2014, 03:43 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimlow View Post
wow, not many fans of mary jane around here eh?

nomad, 2nd you seem to not have a thanks button for that post,
but thanks
I don't know if I'm a fan or not.

I DO think anything that's not refined should be legal. (Opium but not heron, etc)

Some may not agree, but I don't think plants should have a patent, and nothing that is "natural" should be restricted. (while being TOTALLY on board with limiting driving, working etc.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 04:59 AM

Well, if they legalised it here I'd think about growing a couple of plants for the same reason I'd grow an antibiotic plant if there was such a thing. Other than that, each to his own.

Makes you wonder why, though. Maybe the WAR!! ON!! DRUGS!! isn't going that well and someone finally noticed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Defender110 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 05:53 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,593 Times in 1,926 Posts

Maryland will try to legalize it this year and it will happen. The legislature is already laking about all the tax money the state will make on it. It's all about the money.

It's hard to convince kids not to get involved with drugs when all over the news the state is talking about legalizing it. They think that if it's legal, it must be OK.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Don H For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 06:37 AM
Red Neck American

Thanked 1,027 Times in 427 Posts

Naaaa, no pot head here.... As far as Dc, growing and sowin, smoking or baking brownies, hey, yourlife, your body.
I do see an up side to removing the laws on drugs.
our 'war on drugs' has , in all honesty, only created wearhouse's for people in our prisons, which have become in turn, big business.
it creates also a thriving high dollar underground market that perpetuates violence.
Legalizing the sale and posession, could open the door to taxes, and better control.
People are going to do, what they do. legal or not. our full prisons prove that.
as a non drug user, i have always been a supporter of ending the war on drugs, allowing free enterprise and free choice. today in America, the drugs are available in every town and city, from po-dunk to the big apple. the 'war' is lost. it appears, only through non criminalized sales, taxation, and regulation, will America reach a point where the violence slows, drug use contribultes to society through financial tarrifs, and proceeds from drug sales are distributed to more then drug lords and king pin dealers outside of our country.
I read an article on the Escabar guy in columbia. it was said that rats, rodents, ate millions of dollar bills in his money stashes every week. . that he was stock pileing 20 million a day from American sales. thats the part that has to stop. considering groups like the taliban are involved in the importation of drugs to our country, imagine the effect if manufacturing and sales were opened to American entrapanures.
Like alcohol and tobacco, freemarket and government regulation combined with taxation provide ample control over these substances. The sane mind makes choices as to use them or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to LilRedNeckGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Survivor

Thanked 27,726 Times in 4,554 Posts

"Legalize it, regulate it, tax it, just like tobacco and alcohol"

I've heard this for years from the NORML crowd. Yet, have you heard them squawk in Colorado about the taxes, regulations, etc?

Read the Treasury Department rules for booze. $13.50 per gallon federal tax on hard liquor + more from state, city and county governments. Pot should have the same arbitrary politically driven "sin taxes".

Home production - You can't brew your own hard liquor for any reason. You can produce beer and wine, but there's an annual limit to production (200 gallons the last I checked) and you can't sell your home produced product for any reason. Pot should have the same rules for what you can grow, how much and what you do with it.

Safety and consumer policies. Liquor, beer and wine are produced in clean, inspected facilities just like food. You can't make a home made bottle of beer and stick it on the shelf in 711. Pot should have the same rules. No store rolled joints, only joints produced in a factory to government standards. Baggies measured, sealed and stamped in a federally inspected facility - none of this pouring product in a bag by untrained, unlicensed part timers in the back of a retail store.

Bootlegging - Make your own shine and sell it? Federal offense. Grow your own pot, roll or bag it and sell it? Bootlegging all the same.

Remember, legalize it, regulate it and tax it just like alcohol and tobacco. Those are the ground rules for the tobacco and booze market, either do the same or go back underground.
The Following User Says Thank You to comdot For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,245 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonid View Post
^^^This. I concur. If I chose to grow it, the plants in my window hurt no one. They aren't smuggled from Mexico, and all the whining DEA agents can grow up.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KCFirepower For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Getting There!

Thanked 17,631 Times in 6,837 Posts

That would devastate the drug cartels that make money on marijuana. Devastate!

If prohibition taught us nothing we were either not paying attention or downright ignorant.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to REM For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2014, 12:21 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 6,269 Times in 2,473 Posts

It would also devastate the CIA's budget...

I think it should be regulated the way coffee is.

When they eventually do studies in the places it is legalized I bet they will concede that pot is a far lesser public nuisence than alcohol.

People don't become loud, violent, and destructive to public and private property like they do when am excess of alcohol is involved. They don't become dangerous drivers who swerve, speed, and pass out behind the wheel. They don't go to the pot shop, get "all potted up on weed", go home and beat their wife amd or kids. They mostly relax, and spend some time having deep philosophical conversations, watching tv or listening to classic rock.

As far as pot creating "good little sheeple", a big part of why I think the war on drugs was declared in the 60s was the whole counter culture around drugs. The famous call of Timothy Leary was: "Question authority"
Ken Kesey said about LSD and why it was made illegal:

"I believe that with the advent of acid, we discovered a new way to think, and it has to do with piecing together new thoughts in your mind. Why is it that people think it's so evil? What is it about it that scares people so deeply, even the guy that invented it, what is it? Because they're afraid that there's more to reality than they have ever confronted. That there are doors that they're afraid to go in, and they don't want us to go in there either, because if we go in we might learn something that they don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control."
Old 01-09-2014, 12:25 PM
The end is,,,,,

Thanked 13,321 Times in 5,562 Posts

Just more smoke and mirrors people. Remember, you cant get something for nothing. So, what are you willing to give up to get high?
Old 01-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,015 Times in 2,215 Posts

Not to mention, legalizing pot with cut down on one of America's greatest financial drains, the prison system.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlasphemousBill For This Useful Post: