Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looters, how to make them pass you by kev Urban Survival 600 03-24-2014 01:57 PM
Looters caught in Moore... Prepping Controversial News and Alternative Politics 44 05-25-2013 08:24 AM
scavengers/looters legal Kalifornia Guy General Discussion 7 11-18-2011 02:44 PM
Has anyone had first hand experience with looters AmericanPatriot121 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 72 09-15-2011 03:57 PM
New Video of looters Woodlife Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 115 07-11-2011 11:39 AM
How Do We Deal With Looters When There are LEOs Everywhere? MidWestDisappearance Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 56 06-16-2011 10:44 AM
Bandits/looters among us? Darkerstrife Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 112 06-18-2010 07:50 PM
Looters natethegreat Urban Survival 89 04-14-2010 08:00 PM

Old 08-24-2011, 11:53 AM
TEXAS!!!

Thanked 11,353 Times in 4,376 Posts
Default Looters?

Advertise Here

Just an example of how little it takes to start looting, there is a tanker fire in Lincoln CA (Just north of Sacramento). Residents (around 10,000) have been evacuated from an area .5 mile radius of the fire. Looting has started there already.

I live only about seven miles from Lincoln and I'll tell you what, a couple of years ago, this wouldn't have sparked looting in that area. Nowdays, it's an excuse to loot. Even a distant suburb is susceptable to looting. Don't think your safe in the "burbs"!
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,116 Times in 388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
Just an example of how little it takes to start looting, there is a tanker fire in Lincoln CA (Just north of Sacramento). Residents (around 10,000) have been evacuated from an area .5 mile radius of the fire. Looting has started there already.
And the police are where?
Old 08-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Here's my safety Sir

Thanked 20,734 Times in 7,374 Posts

Post up some news links or pictures when they are available. tks
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up totally worn out and loudly proclaiming man what a ride!
Save The The Montagnard People
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Remember The Alamo

Thanked 7,238 Times in 2,674 Posts

They loot we shoot, works for me.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Tenfeathers For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenfeathers View Post
+1........
The Following User Says Thank You to jonson18 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Always have an exit

Thanked 5,767 Times in 2,231 Posts

Quote:

I live only about seven miles from Lincoln and I'll tell you what, a couple of years ago, this wouldn't have sparked looting in that area. Nowdays, it's an excuse to loot. Even a distant suburb is susceptable to looting. Don't think your safe in the "burbs"!
Sad indeed, as a kid I would go to Lincoln Portuguese picnic each year, mostly farmers and ranchers and always a safe place. I grew up in Ophir and it still does not have a store.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:19 PM
TEXAS!!!

Here is a link. Funny that the Sac Bee, being the liberal rag that it is, doesn't mention looters. However, my Cousin and my wife both work for CHP and both have called me at work to tell me about the looters.

My cousin (Leutenant/CHP) didn't know how close I lived to Lincoln, and called me to warn of looters in the area.

I can not divulge my wifes job, other than to say it's the most reliable source for information of this nature.

Frikkin' Commiefornia news.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archiv...propane-c.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragunov For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 12:22 PM
TEXAS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobkis View Post
Sad indeed, as a kid I would go to Lincoln Portuguese picnic each year, mostly farmers and ranchers and always a safe place. I grew up in Ophir and it still does not have a store.
I go out to the gun club there once in a while. Not a bad place, that's what surprised me about looting. Police are quietly trying to keep a handle on it from what I'm told.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Always have an exit

Quote:
I go out to the gun club there once in a while. Not a bad place, that's what surprised me about looting. Police are quietly trying to keep a handle on it from what I'm told.

Good, I have 2 cousins that went to Auburn and stayed with Family. The whole northern part has changed. When I retired from the Army I wanted to go back but could not. I visit, go to the American river, Folsom lake, Bear river and up to Forest Hill.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:42 PM
TEXAS!!!

Quote:
Good, I have 2 cousins that went to Auburn and stayed with Family. The whole northern part has changed. When I retired from the Army I wanted to go back but could not. I visit, go to the American river, Folsom lake, Bear river and up to Forest Hill.
Forest hill, Auburn, Colfax...... All really beautiful country. If you ever get back again, you should take a trip down Yankee-Jims road! Breathtaking scenery!

Hey!!! I just hijacked my own thread!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Always have an exit

Quote:
Forest hill, Auburn, Colfax...... All really beautiful country. If you ever get back again, you should take a trip down Yankee-Jims road! Breathtaking scenery!

Hey!!! I just hijacked my own thread!

lol.... If you get a chance read Yankee Jimís, Memories of a Boyhood,Ē by Harold E. Henderson.

Also noted is the Chinese labor never received any credit. I do love that part of the country.
The Following User Says Thank You to tobkis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 01:28 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 42,824 Times in 14,057 Posts

Old 08-24-2011, 01:35 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 2,227 Times in 1,046 Posts

Quote:

If I had a nickel for every day I spent up and down the AR and Folsom Lake growing up Id be Warren Buffet rich!!

I rarely get back to CA anymore, its such a shame whats happened to my home state.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:54 PM
TEXAS!!!

I just spoke with another person here on the base who lives near there, he said there is some looting going on, but the police have it under control.

Tobkis, I think I might just do that.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,526 Times in 2,926 Posts

Quote:
When I went through the rice canyon fire of 2007 one of the guys in my area (the hardest hit) had a sign 'Looter's will be shot!" the police made him take it down or have charges for inciting a riot, threatening behavior.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Remember The Alamo

Thanked 7,238 Times in 2,674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swen_in_ca View Post
When I went through the rice canyon fire of 2007 one of the guys in my area (the hardest hit) had a sign 'Looter's will be shot!" the police made him take it down or have charges for inciting a riot, threatening behavior.
That's freedom of speach, he should have told them to stick it.

I have put all kinds of signs in my yard just to **** off some in this town, never told to take any of them down.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:09 PM
TEXAS!!!

Quote:
That's freedom of speach, he should have told them to stick it.

I have put all kinds of signs in my yard just to **** off some in this town, never told to take any of them down.
I absolutely whole heartedly agree with you AND your right to freedom of speech!

My thing with signs, bumper stickers, etc. is OpSec. I don't WANT anyone to know I'm armed, have an opinion, etc. If a looter wants to risk themselves around my place, they'll just have to be surprized by the holes punched in their chest. I'll give no warning!

Not only that, local police would be alerted that you are armed. Probably not a good idea!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dragunov For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Hiker

Anyone heard any updates on the story? I read they were going to try to hot tap the tanker to empty it, it seems to me that if they can't get the heat under control that might just accelerate the BLEVE problem...
Old 08-24-2011, 04:24 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 42,824 Times in 14,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swen_in_ca View Post
WHAT?!?!?!? Mine was up for MONTHS!! I put it up after I had to discourage some Mexican looters. I think the cops fed them to the Mississippi, along w/ dozens more. We might be next door to N.O., but we don't cotton to that crap 'round here...

(yeah, yeah,I know. I'm big internet Rambo man, but see what looting me will getcha. )
Old 08-24-2011, 04:32 PM

I like this thread and everyone in it! I see the tipping point arriving quickly. From the recent flash mobs to the extreme rhetoric of the left it's coming brothers (and sisters).
I agree with the OPSEC statement. I'd rather not make my home, family, self a target by declaring that I'm prepared. That just makes the scum think you have something they want.
The Following User Says Thank You to SpecOpShop For This Useful Post: