Bandits/looters among us? - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Arrests of recent US looters? Yorkshire Boy General Discussion 23 12-28-2014 08:24 PM
Looters caught in Moore... Prepping Controversial News and Alternative Politics 44 05-25-2013 08:24 AM
Moonshine Bandits: Proof Its the End Times... KaBar67 General Discussion 12 05-14-2012 07:31 PM
scavengers/looters legal Kalifornia Guy General Discussion 7 11-18-2011 02:44 PM
Looters? Dragunov Manmade and Natural Disasters 29 08-25-2011 04:16 PM
New Video of looters Woodlife Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 115 07-11-2011 11:39 AM
Looters natethegreat Urban Survival 89 04-14-2010 08:00 PM
Post Crisis Bandits - A Real Threat? Half-Crown Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 44 05-23-2009 07:42 PM

Old 06-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Coarse and violent nudity

Default Bandits/looters among us?

Advertise Here

Just a quick question here- How many of you on this site would resort to looting and ransacking when SHTF? Honestly? We are always telling each other (and being told) to prepare for these types of people after TEOTWAWKI, but who among us would seriously consider joining their ranks?
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darkerstrife For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 154,488 Times in 44,894 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

I've seen countless posts here from people who would do it if desperate enough. I think there has even been a few who intended to. So, we have them among us. There's always a thread running about raider ethics and such, and they're always full of "I'd kill you and take your stuff to survive".

Oh well, it's sure going to be a target rich environment, eh?
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 11:14 PM
I love this forum

human nature in my opinion to take what others have by force. i mean, is that not what almost all wars fought between ourselves have been about since the beginning of time?

in that effect. if i am in need, and my family is starving, due to unforseen disater witch destroys our farmland, food water reserves. i can see my family forming raiding parties and attacking other homesteads /villages in order to survive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Taoist

Thanked 2,251 Times in 887 Posts

Depends on whether or not the jerks that are selling their house next door are here when that happens. If they are safely stuck in GA, I wouldn't hesitate to nail their place before somebody else gets to it first. Other than that, no.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sage0925 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 11:22 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,074 Times in 809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkerstrife View Post
Just a quick question here- How many of you on this site would resort to looting and ransacking when SHTF?
Supermarket sweep takes on new meaning.
The Following User Says Thank You to ozarkeagle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,074 Times in 809 Posts

Roving gangs will plunder the countryside like locusts. The suburbs will become death traps.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ozarkeagle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Consent Withdrawn!

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,091 Posts

I have no intention of it, and I don't think I could steal from or kill another person to take what they have.

But I'd have no problems scavenging from abandoned homes or stores.

And, after much soul searching, I am confident that I'd have absolutely NO problem defending my home, family and stores should Mr. Bandit, or the zombies, come calling.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to LiftRanger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,608 Times in 643 Posts

It's certainly not a plan and would only be done as a last resort but I will survive one way or the other, if that means walking across a pile of dead bodies so be it. I love the black and white opinions of this kind of subject that so many have, it's real easy to speak of your "morals" and how you'd never do this or that. It's a different matter when the ones you love are dying before your eyes and you have the power to stop it, sorry but your precious morals will go right out the window. ALL of us will do it, some will admit it...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to trouble For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Survive... for what?

Thanked 1,410 Times in 575 Posts

I would be more of a scavanger... say if I was in a "The Road" "I am Legend" type world. I have no plans of taking things from people that are living. If a plauge wipes out a majority of my area - I would possibly look in abandon homes for items, as a last resort.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Inglourious Basterd

Thanked 3,417 Times in 1,475 Posts

All we can do is speculate on what we think we would do,because none of us has never been through a world changing event. Morals and ethics will fly out the window for most when you haven't eaten for several days or are delirious from dehydration.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Apocalypse Now For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 12:13 AM
cleaning crew

Thanked 3,327 Times in 1,471 Posts

the reality is that morals and ethics keep us from ascending or descending too quickly from our survival instincts. that's the only thing that separate so-called "decent" humans from "looters" and "criminals".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to janit0r For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 12:28 AM

join a roving gang of thugs, with nothing better to do than live off and pray upon the week. no i would not do that. but if push comes to shove, my preps werent enough, or for what ever reason i failed, and my family is starving, or needing meds,(wife and 4 kids) i will do ANYTHING to ensure their safty. morals and ethics can and will be set aside. and imo anybody who says otherwise is 1. a liar 2. their family doesnt mean as much to them as mine do to me 3. imo has there priorities mixed up(not watchin my family die becouse of some sence of pride or moral convection or 4. something else i just dont understand... now dont get me wrong i AM devoting as much time and money trying to learn what i can and prep what i can, to do my best to prevent this from hapening, as i woud hate for it to come down to that. but you just never know
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wannalive For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Vigilant

Thanked 5,132 Times in 1,910 Posts

Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Karnus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 12:56 AM
cleaning crew

Thanked 3,327 Times in 1,471 Posts

beating a dead horse? nah. it's like a pinata, there's bound to be candies and goodies.
The Following User Says Thank You to janit0r For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 12:58 AM
Survivor

Thanked 22,249 Times in 8,829 Posts

Not me. This world isn't that important to me. I'm going home to be with my creator one day. Plus I will have to face him on judgement day.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vectorwoman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 03:51 AM
Just some guy

Thanked 20,437 Times in 6,522 Posts

They're here, sure enough.

There's plenty of people that have come forward and said as much.

Don't get me wrong, if something happens and I have no other way of surviving, I'll do what I have too. Regardless of what most people are willing to admit, I suspect its the same for everyone.

I am not making plans to be a bandit/looter/raider or anything along those lines. I am in fact prepping so I won't have to resort to any of that.

I have come across a few folks here that claim this is their plan. They fully intend to prey on other people. To take advantage of a breakdown and rape and pillage at will.

Yes, they are here. Probably taking notes, and getting off on how great its going to be with no law and order.

Look around, you'll find em.
The Following User Says Thank You to iyaayas For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 04:25 AM
Pantomime Villain

Thanked 4,916 Times in 2,109 Posts

I'll let you know when it happens. I have to admit though, I have half an eye on Warwick Castle. I've bagsed it.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:28 AM
Isaiah 40:31

I'd have to be in a pretty jacked up situation to have to resort to looting/robbing. However, I wouldn't feel bad about robbing/looting the looters, but those supplies would be redistributed to those that really need them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MooseMedic For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 05:35 AM
Hunter

90% of the folks around have at best 3 days worth of food, maybe. If the power was off for a week or two 80% would be to stewpid to build a fire in the yard to make use of freezer stuff before it spoils. Well there ya go they won't be a whole lot left to go forage after a month or two any way. Unless a lot of folks die fast to not use much up before they leave this world. There would be pocket's here and there of left over goodies. It would be a very bad idea for some one to come a foraging round here as they say. Worry more first about the govt. to come looking to nail hoarder,s as they will call them, you gota share with every one. Its your duty. ( BULL CRAP ) The way i look at it the whole world has been warned for at least 10 years and most don't give a crap unless it affects their little world. Now that moment, not looking any to the future. If i have to leave my core area, which i hope to crap i don't have to, yes what ever it takes to get my family on to another day. I really hope they will be a group in the local area working together, hopefully.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrGreenJeans For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 05:41 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,226 Posts

I got my eye on a 4 million dollar yacht. If the owner don't get there in time during TSHTF ,it will be sailing away with me and the boys.Finder keepers applied. lol