Design your ideal GearPods system - Page 4 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

For Sale
Everything you need for Disaster Preparedness. Only merchants are able to start threads in this section. Follow this link to sign up for your merchants account.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Montie Design Knife ? Ideal for Prep Blade AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 02-27-2014 10:30 AM
Modifying DIY Water Filtration System Design sapphyre DIY - Do It Yourself 2 07-02-2013 11:02 PM
AK ergronomics. Design flaw or design feature? PvtPyle Military Weapons Forum 12 03-06-2012 11:43 PM
Desal System Design urban Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 22 06-18-2011 08:27 AM
Gearpods BUSHER Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 16 04-11-2011 12:32 PM
Thank you, GearPods/nitehiker! Teslin Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 1 07-13-2010 07:30 PM
Gearpods June 2010 Contest kev For Sale 64 07-07-2010 11:18 AM
Gearpods modular adventure and survival system kev Reviews and questions 9 05-15-2010 12:53 PM
rural set up for a driveway alarm system and cattle guard combo system hank2222 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 8 03-27-2010 10:41 PM
Information.....for GEARPODS.. Andysm Reviews and questions 1 12-31-2009 09:02 AM

Old 06-29-2010, 10:49 PM

Advertise Here

My plan was focused on what I would need for myself and child if this was all I had with me. The empty pods are for things that I already have that would supplement other parts of the system. Not trying to cheat here, but due to things specific to us some of the pods would have to be custom made with things I already have.

All in Dark Grey or Black

Gearpods Wilderness $164.95
Gearpods Shelter Pro $ 79.95
Two Gearpods XL $ 19.90
Gearpods Connectors $ 3.95
Primus Foldable Spork $ 3.95
Esbit Solid Fuel Tabs $ 5.95
AMK Tinder Quik Refill $ 3.95
Windproof/Waterproof Matches $ 2.50
Katadyn Micropur MP1 Water Purification Tablets $ 13.95

Total comes to $ 299.05.

The empty Gearpods would be used to make 1) a snackpack for two, one of whom has multiple food allergies and 2) an more in depth Health kit for someone who doesn't feel/recognize pain in time to stop it. Sorry but the normal Gearpods kits couldn't handle those issues. The kit would be assembled and then I would wrap most of the pods in separate lengths of paracord, determining how much fits on each pod size in the kit.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2010, 10:04 AM

Hi - James at GearPods. Thanks for all the entries! Although we've been watching the ideas progress throughout June, we're going to review them all again in the next few days and announce the winner on Monday July 5.
The Following User Says Thank You to nitehiker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2010, 10:26 AM

Hi - James at GearPods again. A day late - sorry. I'd love to tell you that we had firm criteria in mind for this contest but we learnt at the eleventh hour that we'd be sponsors for June. I think that's why it has proven hard to judge. So with that said ....... we have settled on four winners.

The first winner is Deadmeat99 and their RescueMe Kit. Assuming this kit would co-exist with a first aid kit, we like it's simplicity and simple focus on shelter, fire and warmth, and signaling. As an aside, this concept kit, and many of the other kit ideas, also reinforced to us how trusted UST components seem to be and we are now incorporating UST components into more of our systems.

The second winner is Kzacher and their GearPods for 2 concept. We liked how the two systems complemented one another in terms of capabilities and at the same time had redundant capabilities in the event that two people are separated. We might suggest a couple of minor changes to it to make sure the basics were covered in both systems, but overall we thought it played well to the concepts of modular gear, basics that everyone should carry, and combined "group capabilities".

The third winner is Vicdotcom and their GearPods Auto. Not withstanding BOBs and GHBs in vehicles, it would be useful to have a kit like this in every car and truck. What we liked about this concept is its focus on a specific application for the average consumer. Perhaps throw in a signal mirror (in case your vehicle is not visible for whatever reason) and a couple of thermal blankets (even trucks get cold in the winter)?

And finally the fourth winner - Teslin. Thanks for the feedback to our web site - we'll investigate the registration issue and add the cross-links. In the meantime, we're distressed at the thought of your niece, and for that matter you, not having GearPods T-Shirts and Beanies, so we'll promptly dispatch some.

We'll reach out to Kevin to get everyone's details and we'd like to thank this forum for supporting the contest. We learnt a lot from the contest and hopefully you had some fun in entering! Thanks for your support.
The Following User Says Thank You to nitehiker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2010, 11:24 AM
I have control issues

Thanked 9,051 Times in 3,497 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Congrats to the winners!
Old 07-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Prepared Gourmet

Thanked 6,113 Times in 2,122 Posts

Wow! Thank you VERY much, GearPods (and James aka nitehiker)!

It is a story of a genuine worry that I developed my 'system' around (and it would surprise me if many other families with young sons and daughters are not similarly worried about their kids who are off in large cities and not yet thinking about how they would leave the city or be reunited with their families in the case of an emergency).

I am certain that this 'prize' you have honoured me with will help provide a lot of peace of mind for my family! The young lady in question does not yet know how lucky she will be to be sporting at least some GearPods 'gear' - nor how much more of a chance this BOB I am making for her (with great assistance from your organization) will give her should the SHTF - as yet. But, she will!

I assure you too that she will be asked to stand in Times Square and on Broadway with her logo gear on - and have pics taken (which I will send to you - she would be a pretty good marketing 'ambassador' and I feel fairly certain she will agree to allow you to use those pics if you want to). We are very grateful. (And .. I will order more from you too, I am certain!)

There were so many outstanding entries for this contest, so many sincere stories ... I just feel privileged to have won what so many obviously deserved. Thank you! Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to everyone who entered - because your ideas were all good too and added to my own knowledge base and help develop new ways of thinking about problems that all of us will face someday if the SHTF.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,685 Times in 3,576 Posts

Cool, thanks for selecting my entry as a winner. I'm glad you found my design to have merit. Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to GearPods and Survivalist Boards for hosting the contest. It was fun!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:56 AM

@Kzacher - DM me when you can - I can't reach you any other way.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Maximus

Thanked 15,423 Times in 6,592 Posts

Thanks nitehiker for choosing me for one of the systems. It was a really fun activity to use creative thinking for specific uses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehiker View Post
The third winner is Vicdotcom and their GearPods Auto. Not withstanding BOBs and GHBs in vehicles, it would be useful to have a kit like this in every car and truck. What we liked about this concept is its focus on a specific application for the average consumer. Perhaps throw in a signal mirror (in case your vehicle is not visible for whatever reason) and a couple of thermal blankets (even trucks get cold in the winter)?
Yes, those would be good additions, I forget sometimes that not everyone lives in a warm climate and that these customers may not be so eager to canabalize their car mirrors in order to signal LOL
Old 01-20-2011, 10:15 PM

Default Скачать беспл

Мне дюже нравится ваш блог. Я уже давно его читаю. И почти во всем с вами согласен.
Скачать
скачать tools
белым белым скачать бесплатно
зайцев нет скачать новинки
скачать рабочий стол
торрент фильмы скачать бесплатно
история скачать
скачать бесплатные драйвера
рефераты бесплатно скачать
скачать игры для nokia
google скачать
Old 02-04-2011, 03:05 PM

Default Design your ideal GearPods s

I was trying to install the license for our stagging site and ran into this when I clicked on Help tab in the Admin site.
Has anyone else seen this issue?

Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.
Code:
Old 06-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Sith Lord

My ideal pack Wuold be a tactical police vest like thishttp://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE060-1.html And a bug out bag that is completely attached to the vest, a bag like this one posted by Victor23.https://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=171716
Old 09-05-2011, 10:07 PM

Thumbs down

lbd and a tanto; Glock 23 on the legs. Ofcource the EDC. Water and my fire steel.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:00 AM

For the life if me I can't find the "GearPods Warden" I've seen discussed here. Is this a self designed item?
Old 03-05-2015, 11:39 AM

Hey guys, i have been looking into these gearpods and i just dont see it, what is the "it" factor that makes these better than any other regular containers or bags? I am legitimately curious, if I am missing something great I want to learn it