Red Dawn guns - Page 7 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here

Old 04-26-2020, 05:13 AM
L.S./M.F.T.

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel View Post
I am preparing for a foreign invasion of North America, among other things. I know it's not likely to happen now, but if a Carrington type event or another major shtf occured, I don't doubt China would seize the opportunity to invade if it became desperate for resources. They have too many people and not enough farmland. NATO would be weakened by then.

If it happened I would run to a mountainous area with my people and fire down at their troops if they attempted to reach us, so I want to be able to hit effectively beyond 500 yards.

5.56 is out of the question. I want something with more punch. At first I wanted to supplement AKs/SKS as all around rifles with bolt action 308. But now I am wondering, instead of buying/training on/hauling 2 types of guns & ammo, what if I centered my security preps around just 1 type of gun.

I mean, given the price of AKs nowadays, could I as well buy good quality 6.5 Grendel to cover this scenario and also use as all around rifle ? I have doubts because the Grendel is not as proven as 7.62x39 and 308, I don't want to run into reliability issues when I'm stuck on a mountain.

What is your opinion on AK/308 bolt gun combo vs a quality AR15 in 6.5 Grendel ?

I am not interested in the M1A.

Is this serious???? Or just seriously funny?

If this was a joke, great job! I've been laughing for days.

If you are serious, well............
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2020, 07:33 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 35,401 Times in 10,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by byf42 View Post
Is this serious???? Or just seriously funny?

If this was a joke, great job! I've been laughing for days.

If you are serious, well............
Reminds me of some episodes of "Doomsday Preppers" on NatGeo.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:55 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,802 Times in 3,537 Posts

Well .....its not a " Red Dawn" sort of thing, but speculation is always fun......

1 . Too start out with..... A series of events unfold such as pandemics, economic collapse ( here and abroad), political upheaval, etc.....

2. Which leads to the following........ Food " rationing, restrictive travel, martial law, etc....

3. Followed by....... Domestic terrorism, increased pressure ( from and towards the government.), dwindling resources, trade wars ( local and international), sanctions endorsed by the UN, and eventually country wide " civil disruption".

4. Them " blue helmets" wont be blue. They wont be calling themselves an " invasion force", but rather a " peace keeping" force.
A portion of America will invite them in, provide support, " assist" them " peacekeepers "...Etc. ...while another portion will see them in a different light, and have to deal with the new " NWO ", although it wont be called that outright.

Our hero will be an Asian American female around 18 to 25 years old armed with a slingshot and the sole remaining box of cornflakes.
All ready for a movie now. ( My chosen weapons wont change...unless the script demands it.)

11B
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fragout For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2020, 08:19 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,281 Times in 2,621 Posts

So far in this pandemic I have not fired a shot in anger. the coyotes howled last night and woke me up. I may spend some time out back with a call and my 22-250. I noticed a neighbor has his archery target out. practice is always good
The Following User Says Thank You to goat daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2020, 03:31 AM
Úlfhéðnar

I've seen a video of people using exactly the tactic you're planning on, but on U.S troops. That video was recovered from the corpses of the people filming, and the sudden end to the tape got more than a few laughs from the class.

Successful guerilla fighters, i.e. ones who stay alive, tend not to do what you're talking about. Thats ignoring the many... many problems with China invading, retreating to "a mountain", ect. ect.
Old 04-27-2020, 01:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,095 Times in 1,954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike in pa View Post
Well I get Herkemer's point. Too many Walter Mitty types come here and at gun shops claiming that they want a precision rifle to shoot 500, 1000, 1500 yards and they posses 0 shooting skills at those ranges. And then, when they fail, the rifle goes up for sale.

Too many guys being unrealistic with their goals. Start short and work your way out.
How do you learn to shoot a 500yd (or 1000yd)? Shoot.
The Following User Says Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2020, 05:12 PM

I have friends up in the mountains of Colorado who are prepared for exactly this (and anything else that may be possible). One of their neighbors is even prepared to dynamite the pass leading up. Prepared I said, not thinking about it or planning on preparing... prepared. That's all I'm willing to say.

You know someone is serious when they tell you something in a casual and matter of fact way, zero emotion. My friends will be just fine. Too bad we're thousands of miles apart.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erie1700 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2020, 08:52 AM

Thanked 1,090 Times in 186 Posts

I'm curious why folks on the threads are still entertaining the OP? Seriously, 'run to the mountainous area and fire down on their troops'? This is why survivalists have been looked at as a bunch of loonies.

Look, IF a foreign power were to invade the continental US, why on earth would they go to your 'mountainous' area to clear out prior to the cities/suburbs/farm land? Why would they just be hanging out near a mountainous area to begin with?

If a foreign power were to actually make it to the US, that means they've walked through our military forces due to a variety of factors. With capability like that, why do you think you'd fare better in a mountainous area? They would either level that zone or simply stay away.

In my opinion, the only option a person would have is to engage in quick guerilla-style hits on the enemy within an urban-like environment so they could blend in with the civilian populace after the attack, similar to what our military faced in Afganistan and Iraq for years. Even still, this ideology depends on the foreign invader not wanting to randomly shoot civilians, which I don't think is a safe assumption.
The Following User Says Thank You to NCSURocketScientist For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSURocketScientist View Post

Look, IF a foreign power were to invade the continental US, why on earth would they go to your 'mountainous' area to clear out prior to the cities/suburbs/farm land? Why would they just be hanging out near a mountainous area to begin with?
Maybe if you read the OP you would have understood that I don't expect them to come near impassable mountains. That's the point.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:47 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,603 Times in 620 Posts

Do us a favor and don`t come to the mountains. Flatlanders always want to come up to the mountains. With all the covid 19 crap flatlanders came up here and wiped out our grocery store in a flash. There aren't herds of animals to hunt up here like flatlanders think. Just stay down in your area and fight your china battle.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sanderhawk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2020, 09:25 PM
Shill for the Federal Gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderhawk View Post
Do us a favor and don`t come to the mountains. Flatlanders always want to come up to the mountains. With all the covid 19 crap flatlanders came up here and wiped out our grocery store in a flash. There aren't herds of animals to hunt up here like flatlanders think. Just stay down in your area and fight your china battle.
Dewd! Everyone knows you got cows with milk up there and a lot of potatos for survival. I got a gun thats shoots 9000 yards that I'm an expert Snyper, I used a y because I shoot that effin awesome man! Everyone on call of duty stays out of my way because I am so good! I got a separate PS4 setup in the truck of the corolla just in case the shizz goes down man! I am ready!
The Following User Says Thank You to Herkemer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erie1700 View Post
I have friends up in the mountains of Colorado who are prepared for exactly this (and anything else that may be possible). One of their neighbors is even prepared to dynamite the pass leading up. Prepared I said, not thinking about it or planning on preparing... prepared. That's all I'm willing to say.

You know someone is serious when they tell you something in a casual and matter of fact way, zero emotion. My friends will be just fine. Too bad we're thousands of miles apart.
Seems like they're all set.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:50 PM

Personally I would go with a 7.62 AR10. Accurate, light weight, same ergos as an AR15, and ammo is more available than Grendel.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:15 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,446 Times in 6,364 Posts

China will likely land their troops in the Panama Canal ZONE and then march North. RUGER Mini-14 , 1911 , 12 gauge pump. LONG range Bolt action of your choice. I like this game. LOL and S/FI!
Old 05-13-2020, 05:35 PM
Not John Wick

Thanked 1,375 Times in 414 Posts

Quote:

What is your opinion on AK/308 bolt gun combo vs a quality AR15 in 6.5 Grendel ?

I have settled on VPER 308 & Rem 700 308 combo. As far as fending off a foreign invasion, I have not done that many times, never actually, so I cannot vouch for its effectiveness.

I like to tell myself a VPER & Rem 700 would be John Wick’s choice so I do feel pretty smug with my setup.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pol For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2020, 10:59 AM
Threepin'

Thanked 7,267 Times in 2,286 Posts

Lol. Time to emerge from mommy’s basement dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2020, 06:06 PM
MortarMaggot

Thanked 4,409 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by querulous View Post
Lol. Time to emerge from mommy’s basement dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But she brings him food & tells him he's a good boy. Who wants to leave all that?
Old 05-26-2020, 04:55 PM
Target Shooter

I love the number of people that want a firearm capable of shooting 500+ yards but can't hit a man sized target at 200 yards.

All I'm saying is get training with whatever you buy and "practicing" doesn't count by which you mean shooting a few rounds without any instruction to reinforce the wrong way of doing things. Training involves finding a quality teacher and having them show you the right way to do things, showing you there were entire portions of skill sets you didn't even know you didn't know.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:29 PM
Prepared

Quote:
I am preparing for a foreign invasion of North America, among other things. I know it's not likely to happen now, but if a Carrington type event or another major shtf occured, I don't doubt China would seize the opportunity to invade if it became desperate for resources. They have too many people and not enough farmland. NATO would be weakened by then.

If it happened I would run to a mountainous area with my people and fire down at their troops if they attempted to reach us, so I want to be able to hit effectively beyond 500 yards.

5.56 is out of the question. I want something with more punch. At first I
wanted to supplement AKs/SKS as all around rifles with bolt action 308. But now I am wondering, instead of buying/training on/hauling 2 types of guns & ammo, what if I centered my security preps around just 1 type of gun.

I mean, given the price of AKs nowadays, could I as well buy good quality 6.5 Grendel to cover this scenario and also use as all around rifle ? I have doubts because the Grendel is not as proven as 7.62x39 and 308, I don't want to run into reliability issues when I'm stuck on a mountain.

I am not interested in the M1A.
Dude I'm not trying to bust your bubble but running up to a mountain with your friends to fire down on the invaders?
May I suggest you design something you don't have to run for a mountain fighting off invaders to gain distance.... Get yourself a SASS 110 with a can and live where your going. You can't stay on the trail very long
Old 06-08-2020, 11:39 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Quote:

I have settled on VPER 308 & Rem 700 308 combo. As far as fending off a foreign invasion, I have not done that many times, never actually, so I cannot vouch for its effectiveness.

I like to tell myself a VPER & Rem 700 would be John Wick’s choice so I do feel pretty smug with my setup. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
I can get you set of army men. I think they still sell them. You the bags of soldiers. And then take your BB gun out and shoot at them at 10 yards until you can hit them all
Then buy a .22 and go to the new John wick movies. Consider the army men you shot as foreign invaders. The enemy is already here