Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USGI Improved First Aid Kit Foliage (empty) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 01-06-2017 02:58 PM
Awesome freezer filling score today TraderBob Food and water 23 12-18-2016 04:10 PM
Stick to your ribs DIY add water, heat & serve burrito filling trail meal bunkerbuster Food and water 1 10-28-2016 12:07 PM

Old 02-19-2017, 12:33 PM
Trapper

Location: The original Birmingham, Engand, or as we call it the BLACK COUNTRY
Default filling an empty stomach

Advertise Here

like a lot of people i am struggling to lose weight, my biggest killer is binging every so often when i get fed up of being constantly hungry.

also in a prep situation the same thing stands , how do you make an empty stomach feel full without putting food in it

i realise not to fruit or sweets and chocolates ect but is there a veg i can eat raw and uncooked.

i like uncooked veg so i want to base ideas on those

or is there a tablet that does that or how about pastas or noodles
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2017, 01:49 PM
A marathon not a sprint

Thanked 19,034 Times in 4,529 Posts

An evening psyllium drink before you go to bed a little hungry fills your stomach till morning . Morning garcinia cambogia capsule will kill your appetite till afternoon. Plan healthy meals based on nutrition with some level of satisfaction. Drink lots of water in between actual planned meals .
The Following User Says Thank You to Hilltopper For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2017, 02:27 PM
Tedious Gasbag

Thanked 1,423 Times in 539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgerowpete View Post
like a lot of people i am struggling to lose weight, my biggest killer is binging every so often when i get fed up of being constantly hungry.

also in a prep situation the same thing stands , how do you make an empty stomach feel full without putting food in it

i realise not to fruit or sweets and chocolates ect but is there a veg i can eat raw and uncooked.

Constantly hungry? Are you on some kind of calorie deprivation diet? The fact that you asked about pasta or noodles demonstrates you need some help and education on dieting. Pasta and noodles are insulin spiking carbs to be avoided.
Uncooked/cooked veggie ideas? I like to steam a cauliflower and then "rice" it up... meaning I put it in a food processor and grind it all down to the size of rice. You can spoon a ton of this on a plate, put a little light gravy or such on it, and it eats just like rice... sits heavy in the stomach too. Ditto with raw cabbage. If I am going to eat, say, chili... I have HALF a bowl of chili, and add in the other half with the riced cabbage. Still tastes like chili, and sits heavy in the stomach as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2017, 02:38 PM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 10,753 Times in 4,111 Posts

OP....resesearch Low Carb diets...
You can eat lots of food that have low carbs.....you won't feel hungry
Old 02-19-2017, 02:43 PM
Trying to Catch-up

Thanked 36,340 Times in 15,412 Posts

raw celery works as well as raw cauliflower and raw broccoli. drink lots of water while munching on them.
The Following User Says Thank You to kokosmom2 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2017, 03:54 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,904 Times in 1,582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgerowpete View Post

Well, (this is my opinion) if you are "dieting"(...purposely restricting what and how much you are eating, in order to lose weight), and you are "constantly hungry" you are setting yourself up to fail. You are going to be hungry for basically two reasons, first, your stomach has less in it than its used to and sends the message to your brain, or second, The foods you are eating do not have the nutrients your body wants and is sending you the signal, which come across as hunger.

If you normally eat a lot, you will need to adjust to eating smaller amounts, and will be hungry during this time. If this has been going on a long time, I'd suspect the hunger may be in part lacking nutrients...and thus you should focus on correcting that.

Now how to feel full without putting food in your stomach? Drink more water.
Thats pretty much the only option...food or water. Don't want to eat, then drink.
You can also "trick" the body a bit by consuming a small portion of protein and waiting 15 min. before eating a meal. Research shows that alone results in feeling fuller sooner when eating.

Snack on whatever raw Veg you like between meals...drink more water. Aim at changing your diet into something thats healthy and sustainable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Belnik For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2017, 05:01 PM
Man in the desert

Thanked 17,551 Times in 4,787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench708 View Post
OP....resesearch Low Carb diets...
You can eat lots of food that have low carbs.....you won't feel hungry
Second this. If your body is used to relying on your ingesting carbohydrates for fuel, it's going to keep demanding you do that.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:04 PM
Para Bellum

Thanked 8,146 Times in 2,550 Posts

eating dirt cheap, no cal, filling
http://www.dollarsandsense.org/archi...708dufour.html