Looters, how to make them pass you by - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looters caught in Moore... Prepping Controversial News and Alternative Politics 44 05-25-2013 08:24 AM
Has anyone had first hand experience with looters AmericanPatriot121 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 72 09-15-2011 03:57 PM
Looters? Dragunov Manmade and Natural Disasters 29 08-25-2011 04:16 PM
New Video of looters Woodlife Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 115 07-11-2011 11:39 AM
Bandits/looters among us? Darkerstrife Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 112 06-18-2010 07:50 PM
Looters natethegreat Urban Survival 89 04-14-2010 08:00 PM
Pass this along and make it viral scrub-python General Discussion 2 01-24-2010 10:34 AM

Old 04-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 41,571 Times in 8,171 Posts
Default Looters, how to make them pass you by

Advertise Here

Ok guys here we are, after the fact, whether it be hurricane, earth quake, nuke strike on washington, what ever it might be.

You have some of your family or friends staying with you because you have a generator and a big wood burning bar-b-q pit. You are the only person in the whole neighborhood with fresh meat and a way to cook it. NOW, how do you keep it??

This is what I did after Hurricane Rita passed through my area

Have a couple of people stay up late at night. Have an outdoor fireplace in the front yard. The members that stay up late can have a nice camp fire right there in the front yard. If the power is off, everything will be dark, except your yard. Looters are criminals, and most of them do not want to go where they can be seen - kinda like roaches.

Have the blinds to your house open so people driving around will see you up and moving about.

Spread your cars and trucks out, park what ever spare vechiles you have in your neighbors driveway.

Do not cook inside, use your coleman stoves or bar-b-q pit in the front yard where people can see you. Make it look like you are having a party and having a good time - which you should be.

Be seen with a rifle or shotgun in hand or slung over your shoulder. Long arms are easier to see then pistols. It would be quit a sight for a looter to see you with an AR-15 over your shoulder, while standing at your grill cooking some steaks.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 252 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
-GLENN, 12Vmonster.com, 62bravo, 97guns, aimlow, Alfred Popinjay, almac, alpha leader, Amaranth, American ME!, andyhuk, Antithesis, AP, apocalypsenow, arleigh, Athanasius, AVX, B-mobil, Bavarian Raven, BeanTown, bebop1034, Becky1794, bigdadvrod, BigDudeGeorge, bj3000, blackkitty, bobusboy, bonecutter6, Boomboy007, boy george fan, bradleydriver, brewmaster1918, Brimasmom, broberts001, BroPaul, BuckBall, bunny, Cannon Fodder, caridad, cavsgt, cgwj, chamberlain125, chaosofcreation, ChapNelson, chefdave, chefljm, ChicagoIL, chipmunk, ChristyACB, cityslicker, codecypher, codycr6, Cold Warrior, coleman91501, ComputerGuy, csaw44, Danf1990, Darkerstrife, darkskies25, David T., dawg69, deanathpc, Deej, Deputy Dawg, Destiel, diana, Discordish, Dobbs, dragonmisty, Dragunov, EffinSaySo, ElevenBravo29th, emh1701, endl3ss, FalconsBravesHawks, FarmerChad, fci1998, FEATHERHOOF, FF2003f350, Fisherman, Floridaguy34668, Flutterfly, foxkitten86, Goat-herder, GoblintheCat, Good beer, Goofy, Gosquidgo, grant80, Grits, gsxrac, gunguy, hank2222, Herbalpagan, highp0wer, homer simpson, Idyllwoods, incubus, inMichigan, Intension180, IslandGirlLA, Ivan RoachCoach, Izzy, jch546, JedLMF, jeepster, jeff92, Jeffrey, Jerry5901, jfountain2, jhill1965, JimCogs, Jimu113, jodier7, joe_schmoe, Joshohoho, JScott02, JSH, jtompkinns, justin_baker, kntryfied, KODIAKHERSHEY, Kroenen117, Krookz, Ladysurvivalist, Lamb, Lark, law573, lethal industry, LongRider, LOW96HB, m4shadow, M93, Mad in Maine, MagnumWill, MAKE MY DAY 007, Mama Bear, Marcus, marinemom, Megiddo, mgallman, Michigan_RN, mike in pa, minuteman71, monet108, mortalis09, Mortimer, MrGreenJeans, Mrs. AtkPilot, MSTA57, muffin_n, MXJunky, niimo, Nomad-max, Notchman, Nutjob Transplant, Oak0586, offgridmontana, Ohio Outdoorsman, OKGlocker, OldRustyTruck, Orange Kitten Bob, Paddy, Patriot73, pixelphotographer, PoorBoy, ppaw27, prepgal, prepperintraining, protectonfor5, puttster, ram4venturing, Rambo, Ramona M. Faunce, Rebel_Squirrel, recon 2/6, RemoteViewer, Renier47, Revelation, Ric, Ric_Knight, rob68, robawen, Roguewolf, Rosco, sailinghudson25, Savvivalist, sayter liften, sebring440, Seldomseen, SeriousSurvival, SgtBooker44, ShaynaGirl, SheepDog, Skyburst, skyhook, smitty32303, SOD, SouthernBelle688, SouthernSurvivor07, Sprocket830, squidy, ssonb, Sue Doh Myn, Sumatra, Swampdaddy, swamppapa, tanyat, tazman, Te Hopo, tepin, Texas Patriot, tgoodman44, Thedragon, thisdan, thoughtgirl, thyme2bprepped, TMcArthur, Tracey, trainwreckmetal, TriggerMonkey, TRMP, Truth_Seeker_1104, Tucker Mayhem, Tuppergun, TxIronWolf, UNCRatDog, undeader, uudfourty, Varmit, vgun, viper29, vja4Him, Vlad Tepes, walcott, WalkingDead, Walter Sobchak, wes1761, Wildernessguy1, WILL, wolt45, Wombat, woodcricket, X3MIST, XR750, YOTE KILLA, z3n.us, Zarr, zemio, zombi, zula
Old 04-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Trapper

That's good info, thanks.

I did read and see video of people that hid out in their houses during Katrina only to have armed confrontations with looters/thieves. Safety in numbers is obvious.
The Following User Says Thank You to Clay For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2008, 08:49 AM
veldskoen no socks

Thanked 2,601 Times in 1,432 Posts

Good idea Kev. Looters are the scum of the earth preying on mans misery during hard times. Rule 762 parragraph 3008/ 556 should be preached.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to the hog For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Survival Comunications

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hog View Post
Rule 762 parragraph 3008/ 556 should be preached.
What is this?
Old 01-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,655 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki4clz View Post
What is this?
7.62x51
.308 OR 30.06.... I think he was "shooting for .308
5.56 (.223)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jericho For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Ready for the big "push"

Thanked 1,668 Times in 644 Posts
Smile

For me that would be paragraph 762 subsection 51, cross referenced to Part 308. Volume 40. And also cross referenced to version 556.

And string em up a 1/4 to 1/2 mile away with a sign about this is what happens to looters.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Glock755 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2008, 10:00 AM
veldskoen no socks

Thanked 2,601 Times in 1,432 Posts

Quote:
What is this?
The calibres of some rifles 1!!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:53 PM
You ARE what you IS!

Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,381 Posts

Quote:
What is this?
A verse from the survivalists Bible bro.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,655 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Good idea Kev. Looters are the scum of the earth preying on mans misery during hard times. Rule 762 parragraph 3008/ 556 should be preached.
ROFLMBO!! D
The Following User Says Thank You to Jericho For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 01:28 PM
You ARE what you IS!

Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,381 Posts

Quote:
.....and PRACTICED!
Old 06-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,225 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
My sentiments exactly. Fertilize the garden with them.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
That's good info, thanks.

I did read and see video of people that hid out in their houses during Katrina only to have armed confrontations with looters/thieves. Safety in numbers is obvious.
Your comment made me think of this...

Cops looting in Walmart after Katrina. Proof that the law will not be there for you WTSHTF. They will be shopping for shoes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sauce25 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,663 Times in 3,315 Posts

i dont know if i would want to do that now days the biggest looters of all are the police they see you with a weapon they are lible to take it from you (katrina) i think times have changed the gov. takes any reason they can to disarm us.
The Following 89 Users Say Thank You to Cryptkeeper For This Useful Post:
300WSM, ajk1941, AK47THUG, alpha leader, American ME!, arleigh, atomic17, Bavarian Raven, Big Horn, BigDudeGeorge, bigjon2929, Boomboy007, BOREGO, Borgnine, bunny, CanteatHope, ChapNelson, cheftothestars, ChicagoIL, Cinbad, cityslicker, ComputerGuy, Count Chocula, diana, Discordish, Dobbs, DR. N!CK, E-brake, EffinSaySo, fci1998, FEATHERHOOF, foodsecurity, Getyershells, Goat-herder, gsxrac, Herbalpagan, High Kapacity, Highlander, highp0wer, iNGEN, ioda006, Jamesconn, jch546, jeepster, jeff92, Jerry5901, Jimu113, jodier7, joe_schmoe, jtompkinns, junglecrawler, Katrina Guy, Libertarian Man!, Michigan_RN, mike in pa, monet108, mtncharlie, offgridmontana, OldRustyTruck, pixelphotographer, Rascals, ratsg, Revelation, Roguewolf, rugster, sachson, Savvivalist, slash069, slingshot, smitty32303, SOD, Southern3, SouthernSurvivor07, Sumatra, TANGO_INDIA_PERU, TBULL55, Texas Patriot, Tiggerron, Todesking, TRMP, Twilight, UNCRatDog, viper29, vja4Him, Vlad Tepes, Von Helman, W0LV3R1N3, WeAreEverywhere, XR750
Old 12-19-2009, 04:25 AM

If the police have a standard issue glock 9 and you have an AR I dont think they will be disarming you haha
Old 12-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Opinionated old fart.

Thanked 7,165 Times in 3,373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane MK View Post
If the police have a standard issue glock 9 and you have an AR I dont think they will be disarming you haha
Oh yes they will. They might call for backup first though. Remember, when face-to-face, the sidearm has the advantage. This is why armed teams win.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Montara Militia

I think what I would do is form a little crew with the adjacent neighbors and hunker down in one house. That would make 6 men of age to handle a long rifle. I would probably try to work around the idea of pooling resources and food.

For security, I would have 2 or 3 people on duty outside at night. I would put one on the roof with a night vision monocle and a rifle, maybe a spot light too. Then if they spot anybody coming they can shine them. A bull horn would be handy too for offering warnings.

I'd probably go to the beach and get tons of sand to place round the perimeter to see if anyone has been snooping around. I would also place those trip wires which fire a shotgun shell too. I'm also considering getting barbed wire to place on top of the fence, if my resources allow. I'd also board up the windows.

Too bad I don't have any tactical training. I've never even fired a gun . I'm working on that though. I plan to learn asap.

My dad has 2 shotguns, a 30-06, and a .22. I'm planning to buy a semi auto rifle of the .223 cal.

I also forgot some tactics i might emply on night duty.

1. talking into a walkie talkie. people would hear you talking from far away, yourself being in a concealed location.
2. cigarettes. they put out a smell from a far distance. and from closer up, someone could see an ember moving about. they would presume you are active and aware. you're night vision would still be fine.
3. playing an instrument like a harmonica or a quiet ukelele or something.

My plan definitely has some weak spots I'm sure. Good thread btw. I love hearing everyones ideas!

Last edited by ramaytush; 12-20-2009 at 05:36 AM..
Old 12-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramaytush View Post
I think what I would do is form a little crew with the adjacent neighbors and hunker down in one house. That would make 6 men of age to handle a long rifle. I would probably try to work around the idea of pooling resources and food.

For security, I would have 2 or 3 people on duty outside at night. I would put one on the roof with a night vision monocle and a rifle, maybe a spot light too. Then if they spot anybody coming they can shine them. A bull horn would be handy too for offering warnings.

I'd probably go to the beach and get tons of sand to place round the perimeter to see if anyone has been snooping around. I would also place those trip wires which fire a shotgun shell too. I'm also considering getting barbed wire to place on top of the fence, if my resources allow. I'd also board up the windows.

Too bad I don't have any tactical training. I've never even fired a gun . I'm working on that though. I plan to learn asap.

My dad has 2 shotguns, a 30-06, and a .22. I'm planning to buy a semi auto rifle of the .223 cal.

I also forgot some tactics i might emply on night duty.

1. talking into a walkie talkie. people would hear you talking from far away, yourself being in a concealed location.
2. cigarettes. they put out a smell from a far distance. and from closer up, someone could see an ember moving about. they would presume you are active and aware. you're night vision would still be fine.
3. playing an instrument like a harmonica or a quiet ukelele or something.

My plan definitely has some weak spots I'm sure. Good thread btw. I love hearing everyones ideas!
Which house would you use to hunker down? I am very peculiar about who I let into my house. I also wouldn't want to abandon my house to be guests at some nazi's pad. Fortunately, it will never come to that.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 154,488 Times in 44,894 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
I would also place those trip wires which fire a shotgun shell too.
If you take a look at how those tripwire shotgun blank firing devices work, you'll know how to make a bunch of other devices that will keep them out of an area instead of just alert you to their presence.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:

LESSON #1 -

30-06 and .22 are rifles, not shotguns.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Servo quod Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane MK View Post

But...if you point your AR at a copper, you will eventually end up burnt toast....cant outrun the radio