USDA has descheduled THC - implications for gun owners - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 06-08-2019, 06:37 AM
Kiss my Grass

Thanked 2,191 Times in 717 Posts

Advertise Here

Let's try it this way -

You choose.

Your right to vote, or a right to feel 'normal'. (Rx medication for pain)

You lose your first amendment rights if you're a heavy drinker. The state decides 2 or more drinks per week defines 'heavy drinker'.

Or if you took a toke a few weekends ago, you no longer can practice preferred religious beliefs.

Some states are working on banning Nicotine/Tobacco. Will this same logic apply? How can the Malboro man be tough if he's not packing heat?

(Why do we treat the 2A different than other amendments....I don't know...it literally specifies not to infringe upon it....*sigh*....)

It's a back door ban for EVERYONE. It limits the liberties of everyone.

This, and red flag laws, really set off my Anti Liberty Alarm.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ManVsLawn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2019, 11:41 AM
Paws with Claws

Just having a medical pot ID card and never purchasing or using is sufficient cause to deny you purchase of a firearm. there was a federal court ruling on this issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kitty cat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Wer sind da Gehirnpolizei

Thanked 2,219 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoMirage View Post
Jesus christ you are completely out in left field, you have NO idea what you're talking about, do you. When did I, personally, EVER say some pothead is infringing on MY personal 2A right?? NEVER. YOU are the one assuming that, in your ineffective musings.

I said the law states, you can only use/have/own ONE or the other, and that particular law DOES NOT EFFECT ME because I never have, nor will I ever, have a need to smoke weed.

What I also said, is this is most certainly a back door gun ban, because it's forcing OTHER PEOPLE to choose between a privilege and a right. With the millennials being as far left as they already are, it's an easy choice for them to choose to get stoned over exercising their 2A right. With them stoned out of their gourd, there's no interest in them learning how the gov is taking one right away to allow them a privilege.

Since you admitted to it, you're probably too stoned to understand any of this, even though I had to explain it twice to you. I hope you act like another good little arrogant leftist and turn in any guns you have when you start smoking. Until then, gfy, I'm done with you. You're on ignore, there is nothing you say worth listening to.
Where did you say that? Well for the record, Your post #15 that it was a "back door gun ban" and as well your every other reply to me on the subject. Including the one you just made.

As I said before, someone has been sniffing too much gun solvent.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManVsLawn View Post
Let's try it this way -

You choose.

Your right to vote, or a right to feel 'normal'. (Rx medication for pain)

You lose your first amendment rights if you're a heavy drinker. The state decides 2 or more drinks per week defines 'heavy drinker'.

Or if you took a toke a few weekends ago, you no longer can practice preferred religious beliefs.

Some states are working on banning Nicotine/Tobacco. Will this same logic apply? How can the Malboro man be tough if he's not packing heat?

(Why do we treat the 2A different than other amendments....I don't know...it literally specifies not to infringe upon it....*sigh*....)

It's a back door ban for EVERYONE. It limits the liberties of everyone.

This, and red flag laws, really set off my Anti Liberty Alarm.
But that is not whats happening here at all.

The USDA is descheduling THC. That is one thing.

The BATF has an existing law on the books prohibiting certain persons using illegal drugs from possessing fire arms. As well as addicts and alcoholics. Nothing has changed here.

Some are arguing that there is a "back door ban" created by legalizing THC. This is nonsense. If THC were "legal", the BATF rule would not apply to THC as it would no longer be illegal.

The whole argument is illogical .

It would only be logical if for some warped reason the USDA and DEA decided that aspirin or beer were now illegal drugs.

Then the argument would be valid that 2A rights were further infringed. But clearly that is not the case here.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:22 PM
si vis pacem para bellum

Thanked 6,394 Times in 2,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post

The BATF has an existing law on the books prohibiting certain persons using illegal drugs from possessing fire arms. As well as addicts and alcoholics. Nothing has changed here.

Some are arguing that there is a "back door ban" created by legalizing THC. This is nonsense. If THC were "legal", the BATF rule would not apply to THC as it would no longer be illegal.

It would only be logical if for some warped reason the USDA and DEA decided that aspirin or beer were now illegal drugs.

Then the argument would be valid that 2A rights were further infringed. But clearly that is not the case here.
This is not entirely true. Alcohol is perfectly legal given the fact that if you are old enough to buy it, but if you are known to abuse it then you are prohibited from possessing a firearm.

I do agree with you on the point that I do not want a drunk or a stoner waiving around a firearm only because I have seen what it can do.

My mother has been a nurse since 1983 and worked in a local ER. While visiting her at the hospital one night a young boy came in with a shotgun blast to the chest. He and his family were out at the local hunting club and his father had been drinking and threw the 12 Ga. on the front seat of the truck and it went off. The boy standing with the door open on the passenger side caught it right in the chest. He did not live.

My step son got shot in 2006 with a 38 snub nose because he and his friends were drinking and his friend twirled the gun on his finger like in the old west movies. Luckily he lived but they had to open up his abdomen, cut out 17 feet of intestines and then let the wound close on it's own so if they had to open him back up because of sepsis it would not be as traumatic on him. He still has the bullet in his side and refuses to have it removed.

So I do believe that there are times when a person should not be in "possession" of a firearm, Just as you don't give the keys to someone who is too intoxicated, but I do believe this is another way that they are trying to limit ownership of firearms. Use me for example, I am fighting to get my firearm rights restored. In 2004 I got into an auto accident where I hit a semi head on at 60 mph because he failed to yield the right of way and pulled out in front of me. I did not have time to stop before I hit him.

As a result I had surgery that placed a titanium plate on my spine at c4-5 and c5-6. My doctor has offered to get me a medical marijuana card to help with the pain and the migraines I live with every single day, I turned her down because of the way the federal law is written they can prohibit me from ever owning a firearm if I take it. So I live with pain and migraine headaches every single day of my life and have done so for the past 14 years, just so I can have hope of getting my rights restored.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghost863 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2019, 09:45 PM
Kiss my Grass

Thanked 2,191 Times in 717 Posts

Quote:

If THC was 'legal' it would still be a 'controlled substance.'

The argument stands.

The backdoor ban is already in place.

The *wording* on the 4473 is too broad, and it would simply take an overzealous (or anti 2A) judge to determine one committed a felony.

You purchased too many liquor bottles - that makes you an alcoholic. Federal crime - Guns gone.

You finish your Rx a little quicker than prescribed, you've had a rough month with chronic pain... If Doc is anti 2a and reports you....Must be selling or abusing pills. Firearms seized, time for prison.

Please read question 11e again.

I'm saying it's an infringement, regardless of THCs current legal status.

This isn't about pot. It's about liberty.

(What if you're just stirring trouble and *they* wanna take your guns - they plant a bag of weed, plaster you as a 'dope dealer' with an 'arsenal' of firearms....)

I understand the laws intent, but it could easily be misused.

Just a cynical opinion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ManVsLawn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2019, 10:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 55,182 Times in 18,017 Posts

Quote:
Sadly, the method used to decriminalize in most states is to create an overpriced highly regulated corporate cartel that will foster price competition by the same criminal element that always has been a problem.

If folks could simply grow their own , there would be no pushers .

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
As I said:

Quote:
I'm sure it'll be legal as soon as they can figure out how to make enough money off a plant that grows like a weed vs being made in a lab.

Interesting that you chose to respond to that and ignore the rest....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2019, 10:48 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,815 Times in 619 Posts

The DEA created the drug schedules, as little sense as they make. Im not aware of any drugs moving down in schedule, there are five schedules.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BytheRivers For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2019, 02:11 AM
VIP Member

I don’t think it is illegal to own guns and be a user of drugs. It is however illegal to sell a gun to a known user of illegal drugs. My understanding is that it’s illegal to lie on the 4473 and say you are NOT a user of illegal drugs if you in fact are. If you have a medical marijuana card you are a registered user of an illegal drug ( under federal law ).

A single use of marijuana does not make one a regular user. And one could certainly
Kick the habit every time one needs to go the gun store , only to take it back up again after leaving. But I think the commonly accepted definition is either being in court ordered treatment or having used regularly within the last 6 months. I’m fairly certain somebody in NA who might call themself an addict but had not used drugs in 20 years would not be a prohibited person.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuteandfuzzybunnies For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2019, 10:32 AM

This entire topic is a red herring. Some folks are "stirring things up" . Nothing to see here folks, move along...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk