Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tim Kain's son antifa terrorist Sal4liberty General Discussion 2 05-28-2017 06:36 PM
Dad Isn?t Carrying With a Round Chambered, Gets Self & Son Killed on Video AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 3 04-13-2017 11:47 AM
my son Aubb General Discussion 25 11-15-2016 06:16 AM

Old 06-18-2017, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

Default Son

Advertise Here

I have a son who lives in the Galatin Valley, he is an independent contractor and in need of a cheap piece of property or a survival/ prepper group. Any suggestions willbe helpful.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 11:00 PM
CTP

Thanked 1,341 Times in 700 Posts

Just curious. An independent contractor of what sort? Why is he in need of a cheap piece of property or a survival group? Maybe it's just odd the way you worded it; IDK.

For one, the Gallatin Valley area and cheap property are seldom used in the same sentence. Is he in the Gallatin valley up towards Big Sky or down stream near Gallatin Gateway area? A little more specific and people may be able to help answer you question easier.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:33 PM

As Big Blzn said, property in and around Gallatin Valley is incredibly expensive. In fact, most wooded property in Montana is becoming increasingly expensive with everybody moving there from out of state and building vacation homes.

If he just needs land and not necessarily a lot of trees, look up at the Hi-Line area around Great Falls.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:18 AM
VIP Member

Well to address both of you, and thank you for your responses. My son lives in Bozeman, and we have found cheap property but it is not very accessible for most of the year and is to far a drive for everyday living. This land is in Clarksville.

As for his work he builds buildings commercial and residential as well as roofing and painting. Pretty much a well rounded and knowledgeable contractor.

He does a lot of work in Big Sky, Butte, and even sometimes Billings. He has been in the area for over 10 years and we are just looking for some land so he can hunt, fish and just have a place to call his own.

I am in NC so I am just trying to help one of my sons out as best I can.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:20 AM
CTP

Thanked 1,341 Times in 700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Well to address both of you, and thank you for your responses. My son lives in Bozeman, and we have found cheap property but it is not very accessible for most of the year and is to far a drive for everyday living. This land is in Clarksville.

As for his work he builds buildings commercial and residential as well as roofing and painting. Pretty much a well rounded and knowledgeable contractor.

He does a lot of work in Big Sky, Butte, and even sometimes Billings. He has been in the area for over 10 years and we are just looking for some land so he can hunt, fish and just have a place to call his own.

I am in NC so I am just trying to help one of my sons out as best I can.

I know this is an older thread from last spring but thought i mention a few things. First your son is luck as we love the Bozeman area. Such a nice area, great small town and just love everything about it. Sort of sounds like your son has a grasp on the real estate market in the area. And as you mentioned, if you want some reasonable land prices anywhere close to Bozeman it will have limited access in the winter months and probably near the top of a hill wil little water access.

Second, you should note that states like Texas, Kansas or Oklahoma or many others have very limited quality public land access for hunting. THese types of state are where you would want to purchase as much land as possible so you could live an hunt on it. IMO, Montana is completely different. I would look at buying a nice quality 5-20 acres with stands of trees and either a stream/river or small land on it. Most of all it would need to have easy access to public land where i could take off on my 4 wheeler from my driveway and head up into BLM or state land to hunt, hike and explore.

Have him check up Bridget canyon into the Brackett Creek area. Beautiful area and about 15 miles from Bozeman with mostly year round access and reasonable prices. Has he found anything yet?