Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 09-03-2019, 02:14 PM
Totus tuus

Default Defending Against Spiritual Attacks

Advertise Here

Ephesians 6:12 Revised Standard Version (RSV)
12 For we are not contending against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

I have noticed some of the people posting here describe being under demonic attack or spiritual oppression. I am not an expert in this area, however I have had some personal experience in the past.

When my wife and I were entering the process for entering the Roman Catholic Church, we both began noticing strange phenomena. For me, I would wake up every night at exactly 3 am with a feeling of absolute terror gripping me.

I have since learned that in the Catholic Faith (and others) 3pm is the "Hour of Mercy" which is when Christ died on the cross. Former Satanists say that warlocks use 3 am as their hour for casting powerful spells because it is the opposite of the hour of Mercy. There are some horror films which pick up on this too.

We decided to begin a prayer routine. Every night, before going to bed, we would recite together the St. Michael Prayer, just before turning out the light and going to sleep. The night that we started that, the attacks stopped.

Here is the prayer:

St. Michael the Archangel,
Defend us in battle,
Be our protection against the
malice and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we
humbly pray.
And do thou, O Prince of the
heavenly host, by the divine
power, thrust into hell Satan
and all evil spirits who prowl
about the world, seeking the
ruin of souls.

Amen.

I have purchased many prayer cards from Catholic gift shops and given them to family as gifts. My mom was going through what I believe was authentic demonic oppression, and I gave her at least 3 St. Michael cards. Each time she "lost" the card I gave her. So I kept giving her new ones.

While I won't go into the whole story here, we called on a priest we heard about on Relevent Radio (catholic radio) in Chicago, and he came to Mom and Dad's apartment and performed a house blessing. The problems Mom was experiencing stopped immediately.

What are some other forms of defense against spiritual attacks have you found to be effective? I know of several, but I thought it would be a fun topic (though a serious one) for conversation. Post away!! And God bless you!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Atticus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2019, 05:38 PM
Prepared

3am is/was the time I normally get woken up, too. I've always felt that that is significant for a reason. Thanks for sharing that insight!!! I've read a couple different things about waking at other times in the night, but they always lack to explain the 3am wakeup.

My spiritual giftings are such that I normally have nightmares that attack me. My dd's giftings are similar, and she had nightmares as a young child. I started praying every single night that God would bind up the evil one and cast him out of our thoughts, mind, dreams, and sleep. That He would bind up all fear and cast it out, in Jesus' name, and that He would fill us with His power, and love, and a sound mind. Our nightmares ended. Till some other things happened....and it stopped "working" for me. I've learned why, but now I also pray for God to stand guard and protect my sleep and my dreams. That He would please keep me safe and provide me deep rest. And most of the time, I sleep well.

Worship destroys the enemy. When I feel anxious or upset, I've learned to crank up the worship music and let it saturate me. If others in the family aren't getting along well, I put on worship music, and let that bring us back to peace and calm. I use it as a good weapon! I adore the story in 2 chronicles 20 about the Israelites using worship as a weapon!

Praying God's word destroys the enemy, too. I got an amazing little books yrs ago, and it has short prayers that are full of Scripture, for different struggles a person might deal with...anxiety, depression, miscarriage, fear, worry, doubt...etc. And I used to use the fool out of that book! It taught me so many Scriptures! When dh was deployed, I prayed Psalm 91 over him allllll the time!

I know fasting is a weapon, too, and would LOVE some stories of how it has worked....if anyone here has some!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JenFred For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2019, 09:30 PM
Totus tuus

I've also heard that midnight is called by some the "witching hour" and 3am is the "devil's hour." Bottom line, as some of the men in my family used to say, nothing good happens after midnight.

I think it's interesting that playing "worship music" helps. There is a really fascinating book called the "Demon of Brownsville Road" by Bob Cranmer. He had a house which he purchased that was infested with demons. One of the many techniques he tried was to play Mel Gibson's movie "The Passion of the Christ" in a continuous loop on a TV in the room where the source of the evil seemed strongest. He would turn the volume up full blast.

The house was eventually cleared. It's worth a read to see all of the things they tried. An exorcist was involved too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atticus For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2019, 09:49 PM
Hunter/Survivor

Besides the St Michael prayer, I recently discovered and have started praying the following powerful prayer dedicated to our Holy Mother:

Majestic Queen of Heaven and Mistress of the Angels
thou didst receive from God the power and commission to crush the head of Satan;
wherefore we humbly beseech thee, send forth the legions of heaven, that, under thy
command,
they may seek out all evil spirits, engage them everywhere in battle, curb their insolence,
and hurl them back into the pit of hell.
O good and tender Mother, thou shalt ever be our hope and the object of our love.
O Mother of God, send forth the holy Angeles to defend me and drive far from me the cruel foe.
Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us and keep us.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bluesman60 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2019, 12:30 AM
Автомат Калашникова

• Prayer
  • Fasting
  • Almsgiving
  • Repeat
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keyzer Soze For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2019, 05:39 AM
Survivor

Thanked 10,169 Times in 4,159 Posts

I have a vast experience in this area, so here is some advice:

1. Take the spiritual out of it, and see if there is a physical cause - is the window loose so is banging, is the heating faulty, is the neighbour slamming a door etc.

2. Salt has always been seen as a purifier, so sprinkle some across any doorway leading outside and the same for window sills. Leave it there.

3. One can also put salt around the bed in a circle if that is an area of problems.

4. If it gets really bad one can ask your local priest, vicar, holy person to do a clearing using holy water, or joss sticks and prayer etc.

Fundamentally the above is all physical stuff.

The most powerful prayer that really works in my experience, is the Lords Prayer. It is said to be based on ancient Egyptian wordings. I also found sleeping with a Bible under my pillow helped.

As for cleansing the body, have a bath and put in a teaspoon of salt, soak in the bath and then don't wash it off, simple pat it dry. This can be combined with a cleansing prayer followed by a protection prayer.

Don't add salt to your food other then in normal cooking, as salt is really bad for your system.

For cleansing a house, one can ask the folks mentioned above or do some yourself. You would need to start at the very top of the house (attic loft) and walk the space saying a prayer or with holy water/joss stick and work down to the basement. This would be done BEFORE salting the exits. Once done do the salt as above.

If you feel under personal spiritual attack then wear black, as it protects and doesn't absorb colour like white does. One can also visualise oneself wearing black etc.

Also calling on the Arch Angels I found to be very helpful.

As for the 3am wake up call - that is a natural time for the bodies blood pressure to drop, also it may well be a local person returning from night work or a local train or service etc. I went months waking at that time, until one night I woke up just before to hear a neighbour slamming a back door. They had obviously done this for that time.

Ps

Cleansing prayers can be as simple or as complicated as you like, the intention is what is important, something like this:

God, Lord Jesus Christ please cleanse this space of anything untoward and do not allow anything untoward to enter here in. Amen.

Protection prayer can be as simple:

God, Lord Jesus Christ please protect me this day/night from anything untoward, in the name of love. Amen.

It doesn't need to be complicated.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:25 AM
Totus tuus

Purdy Bear, it's interesting you mentioned salt. The priest who blessed my parents' apartment first went around the entire perimeter of the apartment sprinkling blessed salt, all the while reciting the lords prayer the hail mary and the glory be prayer. Then he went around the entire perimeter again using holy water.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atticus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2019, 08:29 AM
The end is,,,,,

Thanked 13,169 Times in 5,516 Posts

Please explain the salt.....
Old 09-04-2019, 08:58 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,096 Times in 1,135 Posts

I will try many things but the salt is a bit too much. What has salt to do with the spiritual world?
Old 09-04-2019, 10:41 AM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 91,167 Times in 24,072 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_1978 View Post
I will try many things but the salt is a bit too much. What has salt to do with the spiritual world?
In Leviticus salt is added to grain offerings
Numbers it says that the covenant of salt made with the priests
2 Chronicles shares a covenant of salt reference to king David
Ezekiel throws salt as a covenant relationship reminder
Lots wife in Genesis turns into a pillar of salt
Matthew the Sermon of the Mount makes reference to the disciples being the salt of the earth.

In Mark 9 the preserving qualities of salt during tribulations and
Colossians compares salt and our very speech.

There are tons more on "Salt" so this might be why many use salt involving spiritual matters.

Don't get me started on pepper
Old 09-04-2019, 10:44 AM
Totus tuus

In the old Catholic book of blessings, which this priest follows, it says to use exorcised salt, which has received special blessings, and also to sprinkle a little of the salt in the water while blessing the water. I don't know the why-for salt, just that it's used. I will eventually order the "Roman Ritual + The Blessings" to look through, and eventually gift to a priest. Maybe for my current pastor if he doesn't have it already. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ITS7DFUL&psc=1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atticus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2019, 10:47 AM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
In the old Catholic book of blessings, which this priest follows, it says to use exorcised salt, which has received special blessings, and also to sprinkle a little of the salt in the water while blessing the water. I don't know the why-for salt, just that it's used. I will eventually order the "Roman Ritual + The Blessings" to look through, and eventually gift to a priest. Maybe for my current pastor if he doesn't have it already. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ITS7DFUL&psc=1
Interesting, wonder if that goes back to:

“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.”

Jesus is saying to his disciples and followers, you are the salt. I see you and God sees you as precious. You are valued. You are also what will preserve this world.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:08 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,386 Times in 1,267 Posts

I have been asked on occasion to clear a house by sounding the shofar in each room. In one case what appeared to be some witches casting a spell were spotted in Christian book store and a friend asked me to make a shofar visit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2019, 11:09 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,796 Times in 1,025 Posts

My wife has experienced various poltergeists throughout her entire life. Stuff like light switches flipping on and off, cabinets opening, the TV turning on, things moving around the house, water faucets turning on in front of her eyes, stuff of that nature. She says she has had these types of things happening to her for years but nobody believed her.

I do - especially since I saw the bedroom doorknob turn and the door open in front of my eyes.

During all of this my wife and I attended our first Traditional Latin Mass. During the Sermon at Mass I was absolutely flabbergasted at the topic...

He outlined the efficacy of the Prayer to St Michael the Archangel against the demonic. He mentioned the importance of praying the Rosary for the consecration of Russia to Our Blessed Mother. He explained the significance of the fall of the Iron Curtain, the rarity in which governments give properties back to The Church and the improved relations between the Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic churches.

All of these were covered in the Sermon at Mass on Sunday. Each of which I had been reading about over the month or so before this.

When I got back from work I was talking about these things to my Dad after supper. I could see he had a strange look on his face. He said, "This is wild. Keith (his brother) and I had something strange happen to us last night, too." He went on to say that they BOTH had dreamt that they were talking to Grandpa. He was talking about his WW2 friends, naming names of the people he served with. Keith couldn't really remember the dream other than Grandpa was saying a bunch of names.

I posted about this to a private Facebook group to my family. What I got from them was astonishing...

We had the local Catholic priest bless my wife's house and she didn't see or feel anything weird until she moved to where we live now. We had the priest bless this house, too, and everything has stopped.

We'll be moving again fairly soon and this time we'll have the priest bless the house and property before we move.

I come from a big family... All in the same week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister 1
So this morning I woke up crying my eyes out and scared to death. I tried to start praying the rosary but it felt like something was blocking me from saying it. I couldn't remember any of the words. Every time I tried to say a Hail Mary it came out as what we say before meals.. I kept trying and I kept trying and finally I could recite it without flaw. I said it over and over again for at least a half hour before I stopped crying. Then I couldn't fall back asleep the rest of the night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister 2
This is so bizarre......last night I camped in Chances room for probably 30 minutes to an hour after he went to bed because something told me to go in there and pray right this second. I prayed to St Michael and heard a growling in my head and felt something behind me. After a few minutes it went away so I went and got two pictures I have of the immaculate heart of Jesus and Mary and set them up in his room and continued praying over him. The growling returned and I messed up a few of the words and I could hear something mocking me that I couldn't even pray right. I blessed Chance with the sign of the cross on his forehead and several times said in the name of of Jesus Christ leave this place, more forcefully each time. Then I prayed he Hail Mary and the hail holy queen. I left to go sew in the next room and something told me to go back so I did and it wasn't as strong but I prayed and camped out again. Finally my body relaxed and everything felt fine. It was the best nights sleep I ever had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister 3
[My son] had HORRIBLE nightmares where he was scared to death. At the same time I felt a dark presence in the corner of my room....it took me a few nights but I finally put together that when I felt that dark presence I would say an Our Father, Hail Mary, and a Glory Be then I could fall asleep. BUT as soon as I did he would have a nightmare. One night he said "no! Leave me alone !!!" And I put it all together. I rushed in there and boldly prayed the same 3 prayers and called out the evil spirit and told him to leave my family alone! Then prayed to our guardian angels for strength. He settled down and has not had those night Terrors since. That corner still sometimes feels dark but I tell it to leave my family, it's getting weaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister 4
On more than one occasion I would wake up from my sleep unable to breathe. One in particular was so vivid even to me sitting here typing this. I was dreaming and in my dream someone/thing was choking me. When I woke up there was this black cloud hovering over me I could physically see! I couldn’t talk because I was being choked! I tried to scream ‘help’ I tried to pinch myself to wake myself up. I finally SCREAMED “JESUS!!! JESUS!” and it left! It was gone in an instant. Simply by me saying the name of Jesus, it left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister 5
On Saturday morning we were sleeping in and I was just lying in bed when I heard something fall on the wood floor, something like keys falling from its hook in the wall. The bedroom door was open and I listened for more noise, feeling a little hesitant to get up and check it out. Then I heard a whisper coming from my bedroom: Turn it up. Our theory is that the TV was hooked up to the stereo and so it was in mute. Other people had said the entity liked watching TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister 6
In the same house [as sister 5], when [my husband] lived there, the TV would come on by its self, and no matter what channel you turned it off it when they turned it on it was to nick at night. But I didn't feel an evil presence, more of a trapped presence...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pinhead For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2019, 11:44 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post
In Leviticus salt is added to grain offerings
Numbers it says that the covenant of salt made with the priests
2 Chronicles shares a covenant of salt reference to king David
Ezekiel throws salt as a covenant relationship reminder
Lots wife in Genesis turns into a pillar of salt
Matthew the Sermon of the Mount makes reference to the disciples being the salt of the earth.

In Mark 9 the preserving qualities of salt during tribulations and
Colossians compares salt and our very speech.

There are tons more on "Salt" so this might be why many use salt involving spiritual matters.

Don't get me started on pepper
Would you try salt if you felt an attack of some kind?
Old 09-04-2019, 11:45 AM
Totus tuus

Pinhead, The priest that helped my parents is not an exorcist. However he has been involved in many house blessings and freeing homes, buildings and even fields from evil spirits. He said that there is no such thing as a Poltergeist. They are all demons. "Trapped spirits" can be ghosts (the spirit of a human being) which a demon is preventing from leaving. The priest I spoke to said having the Mass said in the house will clear out the ghost since it brings Jesus into the home. Anyway, having a house blessed is a GREAT idea. Amazing all of your family having this at once. Makes me wonder if your family are striking serious blows for the Faith. God bless you and your family!!!!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atticus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2019, 11:49 AM
Hunter

I have multiple icons in every room of my house. No evil presence yet. Thinking about it, I don't have one in the pantry. I will rectify this today. My house was blessed with holy water by the priest once or twice.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2019, 12:35 PM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_1978 View Post
Would you try salt if you felt an attack of some kind?
Which seems like everyday.

To be honest, I'm not sure. I'm more of a traditional prayer type person but I guess I wouldn't be opposed to it.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:31 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,796 Times in 1,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
Pinhead, The priest that helped my parents is not an exorcist. However he has been involved in many house blessings and freeing homes, buildings and even fields from evil spirits. He said that there is no such thing as a Poltergeist. They are all demons. "Trapped spirits" can be ghosts (the spirit of a human being) which a demon is preventing from leaving. The priest I spoke to said having the Mass said in the house will clear out the ghost since it brings Jesus into the home. Anyway, having a house blessed is a GREAT idea. Amazing all of your family having this at once. Makes me wonder if your family are striking serious blows for the Faith. God bless you and your family!!!!!!!
Thank you for your prayers. I certainly hope so! I thought it seemed too well-timed to be coincidental; all of this was happening when I was in the process of discerning a calling to bring the Latin Mass to our local parishes.

I've used the word "poltergeist" to describe the the outward signs of supernatural presence, i.e. moving objects, loud noises, etc. such as described in Wikipedia.
Quote:
The word poltergeist comes from the German language words poltern ("to make sound" and "to rumble") and Geist ("ghost" and "spirit"), and the term itself translates as "noisy ghost", "rumble-ghost" or a "loud spirit". A synonym coined by René Sudre is thorybism, from Greek thorybein ("to make noise or uproar; throw into confusion").
Through this entire thread, the phrase that keeps going around in my head is "All the gods of the Gentiles are demons."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pinhead For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2019, 03:15 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post
Which seems like everyday.

To be honest, I'm not sure. I'm more of a traditional prayer type person but I guess I wouldn't be opposed to it.
I can understand using a crucifix, an icon, a prayer book, etc.. But salt?

We also have special "materials" that we use like: holy water, holy oil, holy "you name it" but they "become" holy because they are going through a ritual of prayer and invocations of the Name of the Lord. I don't remember blessing specifically for the salt (unless its in the food and gets a general blessing).

Then again I might not know ALL the practices of the Church in detail.