Notices

Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here

Old 10-15-2019, 03:29 PM
Survivor

Thanked 32,676 Times in 7,903 Posts
Default Nukes in Turkey

Advertise Here

We have (allegedly) 50 gravity nuke bomb at our base in Turkey at the Incirlik Air Base. Reports are saying those weapons can't be removed as the Turks (again allegedly) won't allow it.

If that's the case, it isn't a great outcome as the Turks have wanted to get nukes to "counter Israel". I'm sure the bombs have enough safeguards on them to prevent a fast arming by someone not in the know, but with time? Who knows? Safeguards can be by-passed.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 03:37 PM
Bad Dog

Thanked 18,148 Times in 3,875 Posts

What can they do to stop us if we want to remove them?

If we cannot get them out, it might be easy to remove a few critical components.

To the best of my knowledge, Isreal has never threatened Turkey, but Turkey's leaders have threatened Isreal.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 03:56 PM
Existential Threat

Thanked 11,172 Times in 1,977 Posts

No problem, withdrawal our troops, accidently detonate a few and say "oops sorry"

just kidding, maybe.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SurvivalOfTheFit For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019, 04:10 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,999 Times in 3,886 Posts

I don't see how they could stop the US from removing them, not that we would want to as they are there as a deterrent. Sure they could attempt to impound them or take them by force which would not end well...for them.

This dust up between Turkey and the Kurds doesn't diminish the need for a strategic deterrence in that part of the world. Question is do we give up that position over a local conflict? I'm going with no.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 04:16 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 70,830 Times in 21,417 Posts

I think Turkey got a little miffed when we seemed to be supporting the coup attempt a few months ago.

Also when we wouldn't sell them Patriot missiles, and they bought Russian missiles, then we pulled them out of the F-35 program.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 04:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 29,719 Times in 7,717 Posts

I doubt they will attempt to get their hands in them. Don't think they want to risk all out war with the US. That said, the military there said they feel kind of captive..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pitbull_Dallas For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 04:52 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull_Dallas View Post
I doubt they will attempt to get their hands in them. Don't think they want to risk all out war with the US. That said, the military there said they feel kind of captive..

Yeah, unfriendly places where you are outnumbered has a way of creating that vibe...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 05:23 PM
Simple Goat Herder

Thanked 28,415 Times in 7,605 Posts

We have absolutely no use for those bombs there. Our nukes have lots of range now. We don't need gravity bombs deployed right across the border anymore.

Turkey needs them there, and from my understanding they're there as part of a NATO agreement. Turkey has them and will use them. We have the arming codes and troops stationed there to help use them in case of WW3 and make sure they don't get used for anything else. All Turkey needs to do is remove the guts and put a new arming mechanism on them. US will have to try to take them. They'll just arrest US troops and ship them back if they try to interfere. Erdogan is confident US won't declare war and fire the first shots so he can basically do whatever he wants and still use NATO to keep Russia from stopping them either.

We get nothing from Turkey. If Russia invaded eastern Europe they wouldn't attack Russia for us anyway. They already side against us against any ME or Muslim country.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 05:42 PM
Survivor

Yeah, Russian intervention in the conflict is troubling. They are supposedly acting as a buffer between the Turks and Kurds, yet the area occupied by the Kurds is oil rich so it raises the question why are they really there? I don't see the Russians behaving as humanitarians in this instance.

I also have a hard time believing we gave Turkey nukes without first having some kind of failsafe in place. If we did then it was a dumb move on our part.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 05:46 PM
Survivor

Thanked 18,313 Times in 7,688 Posts

I imagine they are part of the NATO agreement. Kick Turkey out of NATO and bring the thing home.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 07:41 PM
Target Shooter

Isn't that place a joint affair with the Turks, RAF, and USAF? If we wanted to yank them from the base I don't think our boys, along with the Brits, would have any trouble removing them. Doubtful Turkey would even try something so outlandish, not with all his grand plans, this early in the game.

They've probably been gone for months.....(one would hope)
The Following User Says Thank You to T.$.Racing For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 07:46 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Yeah, Russian intervention in the conflict is troubling. They are supposedly acting as a buffer between the Turks and Kurds, yet the area occupied by the Kurds is oil rich so it raises the question why are they really there? I don't see the Russians behaving as humanitarians in this instance.

I also have a hard time believing we gave Turkey nukes without first having some kind of failsafe in place. If we did then it was a dumb move on our part.
I'm hoping the failsafe is a tungsten rod from orbit down into the joint after we're kicked out (USAF and RAF)
The Following User Says Thank You to T.$.Racing For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 07:59 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 26,019 Times in 9,361 Posts

Yet another Weapons of Mass Destruction story. My bet is all they stored in the un-secure sandbox are look alike training dummies. The real weapons are on our subs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 08:38 PM
Survivor

Thanked 18,623 Times in 8,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
We have absolutely no use for those bombs there. Our nukes have lots of range now. We don't need gravity bombs deployed right across the border anymore.

Turkey needs them there, and from my understanding they're there as part of a NATO agreement. Turkey has them and will use them. We have the arming codes and troops stationed there to help use them in case of WW3 and make sure they don't get used for anything else. All Turkey needs to do is remove the guts and put a new arming mechanism on them. US will have to try to take them. They'll just arrest US troops and ship them back if they try to interfere. Erdogan is confident US won't declare war and fire the first shots so he can basically do whatever he wants and still use NATO to keep Russia from stopping them either.

We get nothing from Turkey. If Russia invaded eastern Europe they wouldn't attack Russia for us anyway. They already side against us against any ME or Muslim country.
A dark and evil side of my psyche would revel in the notion of blowing those nukes in place in the dirtiest fashion possible, and then letting Al Qaeda claim it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 08:40 PM
That'll be the day...

Thanked 6,424 Times in 1,519 Posts

If we want them.... was waltz right in and get them. If Turkey wants to put up skirmish... sucks to be them.

I'll put one of our Special Forces Soldiers against 50 of theirs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big_John For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 09:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,507 Times in 6,168 Posts

Gog and Magog alliance , Damascus destroyed maybe ,maybe not , time will tell. I am pretty confident that some horsemen are at least very restless pawing the ground with their hooves and chomping at the bit. JMHO and S/FI!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TENNGRIZZ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 09:33 PM
Simple Goat Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
A dark and evil side of my psyche would revel in the notion of blowing those nukes in place in the dirtiest fashion possible, and then letting Al Qaeda claim it.
Can't blame it on AQ. Al Qaeda and Turkey are allies. AQ has been practically a Turkish owned and operated entity for years now. 100% serious. It's not even a secret. That's who occupies Idlib. This new TNF is former ISIS fighters and people who would be ISIS if it was still functional.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 09:49 PM
Simple Goat Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_John View Post
If we want them.... was waltz right in and get them. If Turkey wants to put up skirmish... sucks to be them.

I'll put one of our Special Forces Soldiers against 50 of theirs.

You'd be putting those SF light infantry soldiers against 300,000 NATO equipped and trained Turkish infantry with a couple thousand American/German tanks and hundreds of American combat aircraft.

Our SF soldiers would die. We need to basically just snatch and run with the nukes before Turkey figures out what's going on, and pull out the rest of our forces right behind them. Once they're not trapped and outnumbered behind enemy lines we can start sending forces to the area to bomb and blockade Turkey into ruin. Dropping a hundred thousand NATO troops in Greece/Bulgaria ready to snatch the Bosporus wouldn't hurt either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 10:58 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,179 Posts

Those bombs are only 1'x12', 700 lbs. If the US wanted to get them out of Turkey they could do it pretty easily. They're 50 years old anyway, maybe time to pull the Disable Switch and send them back to Pantex, they shouldn't be there anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to rriley For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 11:05 PM
Dunning-Kruger Survivor

Thanked 20,264 Times in 5,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfScout View Post
We have (allegedly) 50 gravity nuke bomb at our base in Turkey at the Incirlik Air Base. Reports are saying those weapons can't be removed as the Turks (again allegedly) won't allow it.

If that's the case, it isn't a great outcome as the Turks have wanted to get nukes to "counter Israel". I'm sure the bombs have enough safeguards on them to prevent a fast arming by someone not in the know, but with time? Who knows? Safeguards can be by-passed.
IIRC, we already got those out.
A C-17 or two and they're gone, shouldn't be a difficult pull.