After you BO, do you plan to ever return? - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bunker plan, with pictures inside. I want to build one, is this a decent plan? danman132x Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) Survival 25 08-12-2016 04:23 PM
How far away before you don't return? shwnd Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 32 06-10-2014 01:58 AM
Taxes - what is your return ? bhowle General Discussion 20 06-19-2012 02:48 AM
To return or not return. That is the question- MSR Miniworks survivalworld Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 11 03-17-2011 09:16 PM
Plan A, Plan B, Plan C. How Much Time We Have -- Gloom And Doom! TAKEZO Political News and Discussion 20 05-15-2009 11:06 PM

Old 04-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Jesus Saves Sinners

Question After you BO, do you plan to ever return?

Advertise Here

I am just wondering, what are others' plans for after a BO situation is resolved? For me, I have been thinking about it, and if I and my wife and kids have to leave, I half expect to likely not come back (we rent, of course, so this is easier for us than those who own a home). I figure, if things get bad enough that we have to bug, there'll probably be nothing left of our things that we left behind anyways. But then I got to thinking, what about if order is restored, and the gov't wants my tax info, or I need my birth cert., or some bit of paperwork that I plan on burning should the need arise that we have to leave...?

Ah. Maybe we'll just live in the bush. What about you guys?
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Hunter

Right now we will come back... in the future though, when I can afford to, my property in Florida will become my BOL and my permanant homestead.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Thanked 24,734 Times in 4,995 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedpilgrim View Post
I am just wondering, what are others' plans for after a BO situation is resolved? For me, I have been thinking about it, and if I and my wife and kids have to leave, I half expect to likely not come back (we rent, of course, so this is easier for us than those who own a home). I figure, if things get bad enough that we have to bug, there'll probably be nothing left of our things that we left behind anyways. But then I got to thinking, what about if order is restored, and the gov't wants my tax info, or I need my birth cert., or some bit of paperwork that I plan on burning should the need arise that we have to leave...?

Ah. Maybe we'll just live in the bush. What about you guys?
I would Not try to live in the bush or wilderness without a Lot of caches, extremely good survival knowledge and if possible a cabin or good area to build one.

I could say much but I do on a couple threads where I tell and show with pics. Also at the bottom of this first page is where SurvivalMike also shows his retreat.
I go up to my mtn retreat every June and stay until at least Nov. but this year I might make it my permanent residence If things are bad enough to try to live up there in the winter. Since you are new here is the link again >
https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=52880
The Following User Says Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Leave Me Alone

I'm bugging in, so I don't plan on leaving, unless the unexpected occurrs. I do have alternate Bug Out Plans though, just in case. I will come back if we survive what ever IT is.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Jesus Saves Sinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnman Mike View Post
I would Not try to live in the bush or wilderness without a Lot of caches, extremely good survival knowledge and if possible a cabin or good area to build one.
Naw, I agree. I say it "tongue in cheek". But until recently, I hadn't given it much thought as to what to do after a BO situation, but I guess it's kind of a "wait n' see" scenario. I can't say we're really well prepared, but we're getting there. But as far as after, I have no plans yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to armedpilgrim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeoman Agrarian

If things return to "normal", probably.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Hunter

What is normal nowdays?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Looks like rain to me.

Thanked 44,523 Times in 26,336 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Depending on the situation, there may not be anything to return to. If you bug out and leave your current house, vandals, squatters and general SHTF may make it impossible to return without extensive and expensive repairs.

But then again, like 1911HeadBanger, I'm buggin in.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:22 AM
Hiker

You'd have to start all over again anyway, I don't see the point unless you just can't make it anymore and some decent type of society has been rebuild which would be worth living in. BUT come on we are talking mostly about forever changed scenarios here, if any of the SHTF events played out the future could never be like that of the past. If I was forced to BO- then that's it, I've turned my back on the new world and have chosen to make it on my own in the wilderness.
I think the main issue is keeping informed if forced to e-vac, to me e-vac and BO are the same but also different. BO is going the long haul into exile. One reason you should take a radio with you if forced to e-vac, if it's a temporary issue then you come back and life goes on as before. If it's not temporary then you fully BO and don't look back.
The Following User Says Thank You to JWJ78 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2009, 01:32 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWJ78 View Post
You'd have to start all over again anyway, I don't see the point unless you just can't make it anymore and some decent type of society has been rebuild which would be worth living in. BUT come on we are talking mostly about forever changed scenarios here, if any of the SHTF events played out the future could never be like that of the past. If I was forced to BO- then that's it, I've turned my back on the new world and have chosen to make it on my own in the wilderness.
I think the main issue is keeping informed if forced to e-vac, to me e-vac and BO are the same but also different. BO is going the long haul into exile. One reason you should take a radio with you if forced to e-vac, if it's a temporary issue then you come back and life goes on as before. If it's not temporary then you fully BO and don't look back.
This makes the most sense to me and the difference between e-vac and BO is a good way to put it. We could bug in if need be but hope to be living full time at our BOL by 2010.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:25 AM

If you plan to live in the bush all the time you need to go somewhere really wild. There just isn't enough game or anything else to support you in a small patch of woods.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:26 AM
cute is not always enough

Generally, no. If I bug out then there will likely be nothing to return to.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:23 AM

I plan on staying put. If something were to force us to leave, I don't think there would be much to come back to.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by raglan View Post
If you plan to live in the bush all the time you need to go somewhere really wild. There just isn't enough game or anything else to support you in a small patch of woods.
appalachian mountains are pretty good size
Old 04-29-2009, 11:16 AM

It really depends on why I left. If it was due to a katrina like situation i wouldn't come back if I had a choice. Pretty much if the situation had got back to normal in my area i would return. There are too many scenarios to give a good yes or no answer.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Sorry About Your Feelings

Thanked 29,774 Times in 12,207 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

No.

I've been looking for an excuse to live in total solitude (on some Island somewhere?) for a long time now.