Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No matter how big and bad you think you are... Alpha-Zombie General Discussion 19 03-18-2017 07:35 AM
Who the hell do these people think they are? danpauselius General Discussion 58 01-08-2017 02:45 PM
Black Lives Matter Activist Arrested for Online Threat to “Kill All White People” in Walter Tyler General Discussion 44 03-09-2016 06:52 PM
5 People Shot At Site Of Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis REM General Discussion 69 11-26-2015 12:26 AM
Modern people are the people of today...The old timers were the people of next year. keepitlow Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 75 08-27-2015 09:28 PM
First Listen: Jimi Hendrix, 'People, Hell And Angels' SLACKJAW44 Jokes, Humor & Music 0 02-28-2013 09:04 AM
? Will US troops turn on the people. Doesn't matter now. higgs304 Controversial News and Alternative Politics 11 10-05-2012 08:06 PM
does it matter? harlequin Political News and Discussion 5 01-21-2010 09:19 PM
Will it Matter? Truthpick General Discussion 6 07-31-2008 02:41 PM

Old 01-17-2016, 01:13 PM
Perception is NOT reality

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocker View Post
Do you think all of this touchy feely "everybody gets a trophy" teaching has any connection to the mass shootings that have manifested themselves upon us over the last decade or two?
Probably, but in an indirect way. I suspect that many of our educational institutions, having lost the ability to directly punish bad behavior, have resorted to using covert psychological means (psychotherapy, brainwashing or whatever your favorite euphemism is for trauma based mind control) to try and control people, which is very dangerous and can result in exactly the kind of general violent response (lashing out at society in general) that we see in the mass shootings that have manifested themselves over the last decade or two.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Head4TheHills For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2016, 01:14 PM
Getting There!

Thanked 17,631 Times in 6,837 Posts

Well look at the example: "Will you come to work today, please?"

Kids should learn and do as they are told without any sugar coating or begging is the point I think.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to REM For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2016, 02:26 PM

We was at my grandsons other grandparents for his birthday party when his dad (my youngest son) started talking about how I used to ground them, take away go karts and four wheelers and cars and spank them. His father in law said, well it must have worked you sure turned out good. When I went to school, the teachers was still able to beat the snot out of us, I always told my kids teachers if my kids deserve a whooping, whoop em and I'll do the same when they get home. My kids dont drink even tho I used to, my kids have never done drugs even tho I used to, my kids have never been in jail even tho I have several times. My two sons are in their 30's. Long story short (I know, to late) dissapline. Kids have to be taught right from wrong and nobody does that anymore
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bukit For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2016, 03:22 PM
Third World'er Lunatic

Thanked 34,507 Times in 11,530 Posts

small high school i graduated from, 3 towns to make one school, the year i graduated, they was 75 students in that graduating class,

The principal had "the board of education" it was engraved like that on one side, the other had a list of names from his tenure, of students that, exceeded the "call of duty" and had over 10 visits to the office. and a meeting with the" board of education" piece of hand rubbed (well, butt rubbed) lightning struck red oak, drilled for ventilation and aerodynamics, so it would reach maximum velocity in minimum space.

I was a late bloomer, my name didn't appear till, the 11th and 12 grade, it was either the rubberbanded rattlers, (so they couldn't bite) or the cow in the auditorium that put me over the top, but those 2 incidents were runnin neck and neck.

I figured he despised me, so imagine my surprise, when he called me to the office, month before graduation, ( i was trying to figure out for what, hadn't done anything memorable ) and he sat me down for "tha talk" it want as follows, :: Son, Ive heard that you have enlisted, and although your just a kid, youv'e got the potential to do well. I spent time in Korea , so I want you to know its hard sometimes, But keep your head down, don't do anything stupid, and always listen to the Gunny, you will come out of this OK::

there were tears in the mans eyes when he was talkin, like he was afraid I was already dead, then he told me, my name was going on the Military plaque, just like his name was on it, but he warned me, Be careful and Not to get on the second plaque, the MIA/KIA one, cause it was already too long for that area. and then we shook hands and i left.

5 years later, when i made it back into the states long enough to drop in, I stopped by to see him, and he remembered my name, surprised me , he knew more places i been than my family did.

over the years, he was one of the few i kept in contact with, last time i went up home, was to be a pallbearer at his funeral. Mountains somehow lost some of their luster after he left.

but i still remember the old man, fondly, and it all came about, because of the "Board of education"
Old 01-17-2016, 03:39 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,399 Times in 610 Posts

School where my daughter went several years ago. A boy (Hispanic) grabbed a girls breasts (Anglo.) She slapped him. He was given detention (non-violent act according to the principal.) She was suspended (violent act.) About 25% of of the Anglo parents pulled their kids out of the school. Some moved to other districts. Some, like me, home schooled. The school board (pre-dominantly Hispanic) backed the principal. The same school district began taking Cinco de Mayo as a holiday instead of Memorial Day.

The best part; Because the school would do nothing to the true offender, the boy, The father of the girl took her to the Sheriff's office, and filed charges on the boy. He's now a registered sex-offender. Life's a bitch.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:20 PM

Am I missing something? I didn't watch the video, but the text in the article said that teachers are to stop saying "Please", which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing. Teachers are to "give kids concise, clear instructions". Sounds like a good thing to me. Sounds like they are to give commands now instead of requests. No more pleading with students. No more saying "please". What am I missing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldDad View Post
Of course it is connected. "Letting children make good choices" almost always leads to their thinking that choosing whatever they want to do is allowable.

Respect for authority is fundamental to any orderly society. Romans 13 spells it out plainly.
Be careful. Romans 13 was the favorite book of Hitler and other dictators. The true interpretation of Rom 13, IMO, is to obey Biblical authority, which hasn't existed in the government of this country in decades, possibly centuries. If the Founding Fathers believed the current popular interpretation, we would still be a colony of the UK.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GearHead36 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2016, 05:19 PM
Pot-stirring nest-poker!

Thanked 8,729 Times in 2,189 Posts

I suppose that's one way to raise the next generation of boot-licking automatons that have any semblance of questioning authority programmed out of them. The only good Progressive is an obedient Progressive.

Make no mistake. This is Progressivism 101.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheMonsantoPlanto For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2016, 05:35 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,632 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3cyl View Post
He got the whipping he deserved when he got home right?
Not likely...he would tell, then the state would jail the parents and put him in the system.
The Following User Says Thank You to mtncharlie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2016, 05:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,632 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by realc4ever View Post
Lol.. I got the wooden paddle once from not doing my homework!
1987 in NC
The paddle is good unless you get teachers with a mean streak, or Napoleon complex.
When I was in the fourth grade (a long time ago), I was jumped on the playground by a sixth grade Mexican kid (who had been held back twice), who proceeded to beat the crap out of me. The playground monitor grabbed us both up, and I got whipped for "fighting".
I was a bloody mess, the other kid didn't have a mark on him...so much for fair.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtncharlie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2016, 05:59 PM
Hiker

This country is reaping what the schools are sowing.
The Following User Says Thank You to JimET For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2016, 06:17 PM

Isaiah 5:20 & 5:21..."Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!"

Seems like the Bible has it covered! This attitude is rampant in the world, especially our nation, and I believe we are seeing the beginning of judgement!

I believe the proverbial SHTF is soon to begin in earnest!

Last edited by Crowbrother; 01-17-2016 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: Left off part of what I wanted to post and misspellings.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crowbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmando View Post
i went to a private school run by nuns.
these werent ordinary nuns either.. these nuns sported a "born to raise lazarus" tatoo on thier arms.. and they carried those long wooden pointers with the metal tip on the end and on thier sash had a woooden ruler with the metal strip in them.. and would walk up and down the isles..actually they didnt walk they kind of hovered.. and anyway when you were passing notes, or whispering to your friend in the next isle, out of nowhere you would get thunked by the wooden pointer in the back of your head and while you were dealing with the new level of pain in your head, you asked to share the discussion between you and your friend with the entire class.. and when those biker nuns were in close they would whip out that wooden ruler and whack you across the knuckles... not many kids got smart with them nuns..
course after 4 years of that.. you were polite not like the animals today
Wow - You went to Saint Maria Gorretti school, too. What years were you there???
Old 01-17-2016, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal4liberty View Post
Everybody get a trophy !!!! No winners no losers !!!! No reason to succeed, Uncle sugar owes you a living, just because your special !!!!
I don't understand. Do you think that the progressives would win?
Old 01-17-2016, 10:33 PM
Three Percenter

In some states it is still legal at the state level for teachers to lay hands on kids to maintain order and discipline. Colorado for example.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minute Of Man For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2016, 10:59 PM
Survivor

Thanked 20,268 Times in 6,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyirishman View Post
I don't understand. Do you think that the progressives would win?
I was just being flippant,

That is the mantra that has been pushed in public schools that has given rise to all of these unruly children.

The whole "everybody gets a trophy" mindset leads children to not understand the values of working hard to achieve success.

When you no longer have goals to strive for, you no longer have much purpose.

The American dream of "making it" has been replaced with "somebody owes me."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sal4liberty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2016, 11:20 PM
Inglorious Deplorable

Thanked 33,703 Times in 13,351 Posts

Please should never be banned . . . . however, it of no use if a slap across the face has already been banned.

Time to repeal the 17th.
The Following User Says Thank You to 9111315 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocker View Post
Do you think all of this touchy feely "everybody gets a trophy" teaching has any connection to the mass shootings that have manifested themselves upon us over the last decade or two?
Nope. Those were caused by guns. Where have you been? The people were forced under extreme duress by the gun to act. I just wish I could get mine to clean itself. I have to get it out, I have to load it, I have to point it, I have to make it fire, then I have to clean up the brass, It does nothing but just lay there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ncmauk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2016, 11:21 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9111315 View Post
Please should never be banned . . . . however, it of no use if a slap across the face has already been banned.
Exactly. Of what use is it to speak authoritatively if the kids know you have no way to enforce anything and there is absolutely no repercussions for their actions either at the school or at home? They have been taught to believe it is their "right" to disobey.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ncmauk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2016, 04:19 PM
Target Shooter

Stamp out racism? Racism is good, not bad. It lets you know who and where you are. I have never met a black that doesn't practise it constantly! I consider being a white racist as a badge of good sense and right thinking, not something I will ever change. Just a cursery glance at those who scream at me for prefering whites will tell you who is 3 or 4 French fries short of a happy meal To wish your family, yourself, your culture, and your values would go extinct doesn't border on insantity, it is in fact insane!
Old 01-19-2016, 05:05 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 80,486 Times in 32,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9111315 View Post
In the old days - we called that a tune-up