ABOLISH THE POLICE.. it is in the works - Page 6 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 12-31-2019, 12:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,240 Times in 1,814 Posts

Advertise Here

Drughouses and gangs became much better armed and much more sophisticated. They started having members join the military for deployments. The cartels, Somelia (sp) hired an ISIS cell to intimidate the others so they all did (Jade Helm). We started getting communist rebels here running from right wing White Hand dearh squads in El Salvador (MS-13). Last. That was before the desert wars. Alot of young officers are prior deployment to the desett. Ever seen those youtubes where an officer shoots a perp literally to the ground? Thats how I was trained in the early 80s in the military. These people did ALOT of armed, stacked up warrant serving in Iraq. In some ways, Iraq is only marginally more dangerous than many urban area in the US, especially the *gunfree* blue cities with very high gun death rates.

The world denoted in Adam-12 is waaaaaaayyyyy in the rearview mirror, friend.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rural Buckeye Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 12:21 PM
Harsh and unpleasant

Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,177 Posts

Screw the police state and stop paying the scum
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharkbait For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 12:25 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Thanked 24,633 Times in 4,975 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbait View Post
Screw the police state and stop paying the scum
I won't call the police and LEO's scum and they are necessary in many areas. I am thinking of big cities especially. But surely most can see that more and more the Land of the Free is not as free as it once was even twenty plus years ago.

Someday many even in small towns might wake up and wonder what happened to their freedoms and why is everyone so fearful anymore....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 01:24 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnman Mike View Post
Discussing about pro or anti - police should not be a liberal or conservative side or issue. This should be more of a freedom and anti-freedom topic.

Hope many realize that there is more and more militarization of the police including sheriff departments?

SWAT teams were created for extreme situations like mass shootings or hostage taking. But today, the highly armed units more commonly serve warrants.

Police are needed but seems like it has gone from one extreme to the other. Police and all LEO's should focus on real criminals. They should also do everything possible to not kill someone if it is not necessary. Are there not non-lethal ways to incapacitate people such as if they are holding a knife etc?

Too many stories about people getting shot or mistakes made raiding the wrong address etc etc.

And anyone who truly values freedom should be worried more and more about losing freedoms. But people forget even the way things were before 9-11-2001 and even further back.

Just hope that there won't be a police state all over the land of the Free? I can see it happening in all big cities but too much even in small cities anymore.

I also think that there is more and more fear and that many are even afraid to discuss and post what they really think. And I should not have to explain more and more. Just keep learning and don't forget the past such as from the Romans to the Nazis and so many more. No more Mayberry's and Sheriff Taylor's anymore it seems …

Click image for larger version

Name:	militarization meme.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	295636

Name:	slarmored.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	295638

Name:	policemotorgun.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	295640

Name:	motorcycle machinegun.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	295642

Nothing new under the sun...the police have always been "militarized," because they are a paramilitary organization.

From Day One, uniforms, rank structure, equipment...all based on the military.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Disturbed70 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 01:28 PM
Survivor

And about that Mayberry thing:

Name:	fifetommygun.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	295644
Old 12-31-2019, 01:30 PM
Harsh and unpleasant

Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,177 Posts

Quote:
I won't call the police and LEO's scum and they are necessary in many areas. I am thinking of big cities especially. But surely most can see that more and more the Land of the Free is not as free as it once was even twenty plus years ago.

Someday many even in small towns might wake up and wonder what happened to their freedoms and why is everyone so fearful anymore....
I don't need them or the taxes to fund their pensions
The Following User Says Thank You to Sharkbait For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 02:24 PM
Limited Access Member

Thanked 12,742 Times in 3,650 Posts

`

I originally found this story on MSN.com, but they've now taken it down. It was a NYT article originally. I also wonder though, if the MSM at large would be so concerned about masked gunmen gunning down citizens who are pro-Trump, pro 2A or any other pro conservative causes.

https://www.socotoday.com/blog/2019/...-pile-up-fast/

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/20/w...gs-murder.html
Old 12-31-2019, 03:13 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed70 View Post
And about that Mayberry thing:

Attachment 295644
I think I have watched every episode of the old black and white Andy Griffith show and Barney did carry a gun but was not allowed to have it loaded and kept the one bullet in his pocket. And that pic is not an accurate portrayal of the whole show. Even Sheriff Andy did not carry a gun but very occasionally he had a couple deputies with shotguns. That was on the rare occasion of a desperate criminal etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed70 View Post
Attachment 295636

Nothing new under the sun...the police have always been "militarized," because they are a paramilitary organization.

From Day One, uniforms, rank structure, equipment...all based on the military.
Ok and a lot of that began with Prohibition, gangsters etc etc. Before the 1930's was it not Legal to even own a machine gun? > "The federal government started regulating and keeping records of machine guns back when it passed the National Firearms Act of 1934.That law mandated strict guidelines for manufacturers and put them in place for owners to register their machine guns.Then in 1986, the feds imposed the Firearm Owners Protection Act which expanded on the original law."

Surely people can realize that more and more freedoms are being lost and someday likely there will be a police state at least in big cities. And also someday it is likely there will be little freedom to travel and so much more. I remember not too many years ago people could drive into Canada without a passport.

About ten years ago I had a 2nd cousin who was shot 57 times in Sacramento by the police. That cousin I heard was bi-polar and also 6' 4" over 300 pounds. They said he had a knife but no knife was found. I can understand police LEO's being afraid and have to be careful but cannot understand shooting someone dozens of times...

The summer of 2016 I saw a police officer sitting in his vehicle for half an hour. I walked over to his car mainly to tell him that my garage had been broken into and a chainsaw stolen. He saw me crossing the street and he got out with his hand on his gun! Then he said I should be careful and not walk up to police officers.
I talked a bit to him at least and we parted friendly but I don't want to ever even be near any LEO's any more and just want to be left alone. I and some others have other experiences also. I am not a criminal and I have no criminal record. I know no one who has a criminal record.
I likely will only be able to be left alone especially on my mtn place where I am slowly building a ten foot high privacy fence around my central acre. And I plan to go so far off grid that I might not ever get any licenses, permits etc. again. Just quietly pay my property taxes at the most.

More I could tell about but the point is that society is not getting better and no matter what anyone says people seem and likely are more fearful than ever before. I don't know how this will all end but hope many can realize that there is a militarization of the police and LEO's and the world in general. If any do not or cannot realize that then likely they will learn the hard way with a totalitarian state no matter who is president...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 05:08 PM
For Conversation's Sake.

Thanked 18,677 Times in 5,657 Posts

Quote:
Discussing about pro or anti - police should not be a liberal or conservative side or issue. This should be more of a freedom and anti-freedom topic.

Hope many realize that there is more and more militarization of the police including sheriff departments?

SWAT teams were created for extreme situations like mass shootings or hostage taking. But today, the highly armed units more commonly serve warrants.

Police are needed but seems like it has gone from one extreme to the other. Police and all LEO's should focus on real criminals. They should also do everything possible to not kill someone if it is not necessary. Are there not non-lethal ways to incapacitate people such as if they are holding a knife etc?

Too many stories about people getting shot or mistakes made raiding the wrong address etc etc.

And anyone who truly values freedom should be worried more and more about losing freedoms. But people forget even the way things were before 9-11-2001 and even further back.

Just hope that there won't be a police state all over the land of the Free? I can see it happening in all big cities but too much even in small cities anymore.

I also think that there is more and more fear and that many are even afraid to discuss and post what they really think. And I should not have to explain more and more. Just keep learning and don't forget the past such as from the Romans to the Nazis and so many more. No more Mayberry's and Sheriff Taylor's anymore it seems Ö

Great post, thanks .

I got experience a heightened police state when I lived in a European country for a year. Random traffic stops and searches. Corruption. Police with machine guns and a clear dislike for the public....

It creates a culture of fear and obedience I have seen growing here at home in the US. A lot of old timers think they are one of the good guys so they have nothing to worry about and they have no problem voting for more policing in their area. They often experience the World through the nightly news and are scared. Especially if they have no family to help keep them safe.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SeaBeeDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 05:21 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBeeDaddy View Post
Great post, thanks .

I got experience a heightened police state when I lived in a European country for a year. Random traffic stops and searches. Corruption. Police with machine guns and a clear dislike for the public....

It creates a culture of fear and obedience I have seen growing here at home in the US. A lot of old timers think they are one of the good guys so they have nothing to worry about and they have no problem voting for more policing in their area. They often experience the World through the nightly news and are scared. Especially if they have no family to help keep them safe.
That is one more thing I wanted to mention is that the USA sure seems to be getting more and more like much of the rest of the world. I think the UK is a good example of who to watch since much of the USA might like to do similar things. Such as just in London with way over half a million cameras watching the public. Probably more cameras than that since I saw the half a million cameras in London posted about a few years ago.

Do any cities not have cameras watching the public?

I am not anti-police but I am anti-totalitarian police state. I don't see how any freedom loving person cannot be at least a bit worried about the direction the USA is going and has been going for some years now. Does anyone truly think that things will get better and not more and more totalitarian at least as bad as much of the rest of the world?

I could also quote some anti-freedom statements from Obama but this guy is more up to date >

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless Drudge View Post
Excellent. When there is a felon at large in the future, they will have to muster the militia. Try to push gun control then.
I bet the state police would get a boost. Then it would be a massive QRF response with all those military vehicles they’ve been acquiring.
The Following User Says Thank You to wbrom42 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 10:49 AM

SURE then we'll end up living in a Spolie State, just what the Democrats want.
The Following User Says Thank You to wboggs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 12:34 PM
Ultranationalist

Thanked 48,121 Times in 10,063 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM View Post
I was a Deputy Sheriff in a rural county in Kentucky.

Thought I knew what police officers did and what their purpose was until I was sworn in and began to patrol the county.

The first time we received a call to a break in in progress wherein the home owner was being assaulted by her Ex, I found out just what the job entailed .

I remember asking my training officer if we should wait for additional help and he replied, "We are it. No one else is coming!"

The county had a population of 10,000 and we were it, no one else was coming !

Police officers see and deal with a side of life that the average citizen never sees or deals with.

They are not wolves , nor are they sheep. They are the guard dogs of society.

They can not be everywhere at once but without the threat of the guard dog, the wolves of the world would take over and eat the sheep.

Wolves are violent and only fear violence .

The police are rough men who stand ready to do violence to protect the sheep from the wolves.
Police deal with a side of life that average citizens live in every day. Thatís what most cops donít understand.

The only reason the wolves would eat the sheep is because the law prevents sheep from becoming sheepdogs. We arenít allowed to protect ourselves. Donít fool yourself into thinking we arenít capable of it. We simply arenít permitted.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:44 PM
Listen to the ghosts

Thanked 8,807 Times in 3,292 Posts

Going back to the OP, I subscribe to Professor Reynold's theory that law enforcement is not here to protect us from the bad guys, but rather to protect the bad guys from us. This strategy will NOT work out like they think it will.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ankylus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 06:53 PM
Deo Vindice

Thanked 34,002 Times in 9,179 Posts

Cops are about useless anyway. All they are anymore is revenue generators.
The Following User Says Thank You to dudeman351 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 06:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 64,329 Times in 20,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman351 View Post
In all fairness this isn't true:

...they also write the reports for the insurance papperwork!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2020, 10:35 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman351 View Post
How do they generate revenue? Tickets? Let's take a metropolitan agency in my state - the city gets literally $2.83 from each ticket written. On my shift of 30+ officers, the highest number of tickets written by any of them was 11. Those numbers include written warnings. In 2019, I wrote 4 tickets...all of them warnings - city didn't even get $2.83 out of me from tickets. I haven't written an actual ticket in over ten years.

We have the option, for certain arrests to issue a summons instead of taking someone to jail. The summons is written on the same form as a traffic ticket. The last summons I went to write, the signature on the bottom of the form wasn't from the current Prosecutor, or even his predecessor. It was two Prosecutors back.

Let me guess? We generate revenue for the private prison industry? Not a thing in my jurisdiction.

The vast majority of my time is spent babysitting adults who are too ****ed up to manage their own lives, and who allow their idiocy to spill over and effect other people.

For all of you rocket scientists who could handle things on your own, if only you were allowed to - let me guess, you have a gun, so that solves every problem, or you're such a badass you can beat anyone's ass?

The next time your 6'5" neighbor has his music up too loud, and decides to **** in your bushes, march right on over there and handle your business. The next kid that eggs your house, just bust out that Taurus Judge, and make sure he doesn't do it again.

That single widow who gets scammed out of her life-savings, maybe you can use your tools and resources to figure out who did it. Same with the next guy who gets their car stolen, or house burglarized. You have google, and three classes of krav maga under your belt. Should be easy enough for you to handle.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Disturbed70 For This Useful Post: