Advertise Here

Old 02-10-2019, 02:54 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,706 Times in 3,886 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPrepperLife View Post
sonya1 said

Same here. I am somebody that always thinks of and plans for worst case. I think of myself as a realist whereas most people view somebody like me as a pessimist.

My outlook on life drives most people crazy, but I'm very comfortable with it.
I think if you are total optimist, you wouldn't be on this forum. Why prep for something if you don't think anything bad will ever happen?

I look at it this way, expect and plan for the worst, and then anything that really happens can only be better.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to sonya1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2019, 02:59 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by manimalist View Post
While that ~might~ happen... it is highly unlikely as technology is advancing so rapidly something else which is not oil intensive will be created to satisfy market demand.

I've ridden motorcycles for transportation for over 50 years. I just bought another new one, and although it's oil dependent it gets 140 miles to the gallon.

At present gas prices it costs me only 2 cents a mile (even at highly taxed California gas prices) to take me wherever I want to go.

There's ways to get around every obstacle.
That might work up to a point, but eventually we will run out of resources ( non renewable ones), and this depends on how fast the world population grows and how fast they are used up. Unless humanity populates other planets ( me..not going there, sorry) we will run out of land you can grow food on.

And just because you might have a motorcycle doesn't mean you are immune to problems caused if humanity runs out of oil. High gas prices will mean high food and everything else prices. Do you have a farm growing your own food? Do you have a small army to defend it? This is our biggest problem, the potential of a few people having to defend ourselves against evil hordes from the cities making it out here.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:03 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im RIght View Post
How much money did 1st Federal Fractional RSV lose?
Nothing. They will just print more money ( or create it electronically) and give it to the bank
( remember, too big to fail? It worked then, will probably work again, no incentive to not go into debt, or to pay it)
The Following User Says Thank You to sonya1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2019, 05:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,988 Times in 2,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonya1 View Post
That might work up to a point, but eventually we will run out of resources ( non renewable ones), and this depends on how fast the world population grows and how fast they are used up.
Your fears are far greater then mine because you think collectively while I go by my own common sense real world experience as an individual. Your fears are based on your belief that everyone in the whole world will 100%uniformly run out of oil. At the rate new oil fields are being discovered, this is an impossibility... especially when the rapid growth of technology is constantly coming up with new ideas to overcome any obstacle.

Quote:
And just because you might have a motorcycle...
It's not might. I actually do, and I offered it as just one personal example which is highly effective in getting around under the present conditions today. Tomorrow I'll come up with some other ideas to deal with tomorrow's situations in real time when they actually become reality.

Life is not static. it's a flow of events. The consequence of each action we take forms the foundation for the next action. If you do what's morally right now, that will place you in the right place to do what's morally right in the next moment... and the next... and the next.

This is what life is all about.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:37 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,208 Posts

What's worse than that is that the bulk of credit is created not by the Fed but by commercial banks.
The Following User Says Thank You to ralfy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2019, 10:11 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfy View Post
What's worse than that is that the bulk of credit is created not by the Fed.
As usual ralfy's misguided attention is focused in the wrong direction. He's the drug addict who blames the drug pusher. This is the natural result of a life of unproductive government dependence.

Regardless of who creates credit...

...it can only be created if debt slaves use it.
The Following User Says Thank You to manimalist For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2019, 07:55 PM
Patiently Waiting

Thanked 13,402 Times in 4,122 Posts

I donít know why people are surprised by this. The world runs on a debt based monetary system. Remove debt and you remove money. Itís how the system was rigged. The beautiful part is that those in control of making the money can skim trillions for themselves while the rest of us pay through interest rates and taxes.

This is why thereís such a push for cashless. Once they go cashless thereís almost zero chance of a collapse as thereís nothing for people to be able to withdraw. They then have full control over every bank account and every living person on the planet. We all become debt slaves no matter what.

If you think you can survive in a cashless world without a bank account, good luck.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,208 Posts

Much of credit worldwide has involved not cash but electronically stored numbers or paper representing cash for decades. That's because it's impractical to use cash for large transactions.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:38 AM
Survivor

Thanked 18,626 Times in 7,796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfy View Post
Much of credit worldwide has involved not cash but electronically stored numbers or paper representing cash for decades. That's because it's impractical to use cash for large transactions.
As would be if some commodity still backed money. The movement of such would be prohibitive.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:43 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash View Post
The world runs on a debt based monetary system.
That why the debt based economy cyclically crashes.

The debt based economy is unsustainable so it has to return to adult reality that only capital is money from the childish fantasy that debt is money.

Quote:
This is why there’s such a push for cashless. Once they go cashless there’s almost zero chance of a collapse as there’s nothing for people to be able to withdraw.
Mortgaged real estate is cashless and it sank like a stone in 2008. But it only took down the creditist debt slaves with it. American capitalists were untouched because they were solvent and had no debt exposure.
The Following User Says Thank You to manimalist For This Useful Post: