Old 07-17-2018, 09:10 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Thanked 23,826 Times in 4,805 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2
Default Need help

Advertise Here

As the title of this thread says I need help. I tell why I need some help on my mountain retreat in southern Wyoming telling quite a bit in the last couple pages of my wilderness survival retreat experiences sticky thread at the top of the wilderness section. I told about losing a couple toes etc.

I especially would really appreciate someone to drive me to Encampment. WY before September. I might have to hire a taxi but I would rather give all that money to a survival type person. I can also hire someone to help me get ready for winter moving stuff etc Anyone can ask me questions here if you wish....
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2018, 09:49 AM
Target Shooter

I would in a heartbeat, iif i didnt just purchase and move to maine. Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to vetryan15 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2018, 10:21 AM
Prepper elite

Thanked 3,846 Times in 1,905 Posts

Wait so you lost toes because you didn't prepare for the winter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2018, 10:44 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 30,182 Times in 9,940 Posts

Can someone provide the link to the other please...
Old 07-17-2018, 11:06 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by recklessdriver View Post
Wait so you lost toes because you didn't prepare for the winter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by America's Patriot View Post
Can someone provide the link to the other please...
Thanks for the quick responses. As many know and some really disliked I used to post links maybe too often to what I thought was interesting and helpful. That was when I had a laptop. I only have a phone now and I cannot seem to post links or even copy paste or post pics. But If any who are interested just go to my sticky thread at the top of the wilderness section and hopefully read some or all of my posts on the last couple pages. Maybe someone can post a link also

And Reckless driver it is Much more complicated than my not preparing. It is too difficult to explain although I did explain a lot on the last 2 pages of my sticky wilderness thread. In short I feared for my life and felt like I was being chased.

I still hope I was imagining even hallucinating a lot of what I was. fearing. But my small and my one big toe had to be amputated. I still can barely walk without pain. Hope I won't have phantom pain for years.

I truly must get back up there on my place. I sold my house in a city in CO so I still have dollars to hire one or two for a few days at. least plus I would pay expenses travel costs etc.

I also have hiked etc since 1978 in all kinds of weather and several blizzards and never dreamed that I would ever lose toes or almost die in the wild.... One can never be too careful or prepared but sometimes stuff happens. as I found out the hard way.......
The Following User Says Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2018, 11:21 AM
Don't get me started

Thanked 29,960 Times in 10,536 Posts

Too many states away for me to offer any assistance Mike. Sorry to hear about your situation that caused you to lose toes. Hope there is someone willing to lend you a hand.

Events can defeat the best of us. All a person can do is pick themselves backup and move on. I used to say, "I make mistakes, and someday I will make the mistake that kills me." I mostly stopped saying it because people are incapable to own up to what they have done and they can not understand that no one is all seeing or all perfect.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MattB4 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2018, 11:35 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,321 Times in 1,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnman Mike View Post
Thanks for the quick responses. As many know and some really disliked I used to post links maybe too often to what I thought was interesting and helpful. That was when I had a laptop. I only have a phone now and I cannot seem to post links or even copy paste or post pics. But If any who are interested just go to my sticky thread at the top of the wilderness section and hopefully read some or all of my posts on the last couple pages. Maybe someone can post a link also

And Reckless driver it is Much more complicated than my not preparing. It is too difficult to explain although I did explain a lot on the last 2 pages of my sticky wilderness thread. In short I feared for my life and felt like I was being chased.

I still hope I was imagining even hallucinating a lot of what I was. fearing. But my small and my one big toe had to be amputated. I still can barely walk without pain. Hope I won't have phantom pain for years.

I truly must get back up there on my place. I sold my house in a city in CO so I still have dollars to hire one or two for a few days at. least plus I would pay expenses travel costs etc.

I also have hiked etc since 1978 in all kinds of weather and several blizzards and never dreamed that I would ever lose toes or almost die in the wild.... One can never be too careful or prepared but sometimes stuff happens. as I found out the hard way.......
The link to Mtnman Mike's thread (from 2009 ~ present):

https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...ad.php?t=84562
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeystyle For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2018, 11:53 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeystyle View Post
The link to Mtnman Mike's thread (from 2009 ~ present):

https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...ad.php?t=84562
Thanks for posting the link. If any wish to begin reading where I first posted about this event then just scroll down to near the bottom of page 38 then keep reading to the end of page 40.

Btw I might have hallucinated some but not because of alcohol or drugs. I rarely drink and then at rare social gatherings I might have 2 beers. I only took some aspirin most of my life until I was in the hospital in May..

I almost posted about all of this in the busy general disaster section and I still might if when I get a laptop to post some pics. Anymore questions I will answer but I still might not tell everything...
Old 08-22-2019, 12:36 AM

Hi, Mike. Still need help or did you get it covered? Just now seeing this or I would've offered sooner.