CREEPY incident on the way to work this morning. - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 11-04-2019, 04:09 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,362 Times in 3,537 Posts
Default CREEPY incident on the way to work this morning.

Advertise Here

I go to work very early, before the sun comes up, even with daylight savings.

Usually I take a back road almost all the way to work, then get on the highway for the last part.

It's cold out - below 30.

As I'm turning off the back road onto the highway overpass, a truck passing me blinks their lights at me - and I'm like, "dude, my high beams aren't on, jerk!".

Ten seconds later I'm on the overpass and all of a sudden I see a guy less than a foot from my car, walking in the middle the road on the overpass, no flashlight or anything even slightly reflective. Wearing all dark brown and black. He looked like something you might expect from a horror movie.

And the way he was walking... his hands were behind his back, his head up, walking slowly but very deliberately. Looked like he was wearing some kind of a heavy leather face mask. Not the least bit scared of being hit by a car.

Creeped me right out. I was almost expecting to see something in the news this afternoon about some grisly murder or something.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dealfinder500 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2019, 04:15 PM
I give up

Thanked 19,802 Times in 5,150 Posts

Yikes, did the guy behind you finish him off?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cujet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2019, 04:16 PM
Survivor

N one behind me.
The Following User Says Thank You to dealfinder500 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2019, 04:52 PM
Survivor

Thanked 28,716 Times in 6,741 Posts

Pictures or it didnt happen.

Meaning you have to seek him out tomorrow morning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2019, 04:57 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,822 Times in 8,367 Posts

When I was suicidal I was very focused on making it look like an accident.

I remember the (corrupt) accident investigator for my husband's accident kept going on about he was wearing black and that's the reason he got hit. I said no, he was wearing a flashing light you could see for a mile. He also had reflective tape all over his long white cane. The driver admitted he was on a cell phone and admitted to others he had run the red light. The way the officer said the accident happened, with his injuries, he would have had to walk backwards into the street.

When I questioned that suddenly the accident was MY fault because I was home when it happened. *******.
The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2019, 05:01 PM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanked 12,340 Times in 3,631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealfinder500 View Post

Usually I take a back road almost all the way to work, then get on the highway for the last part.

As I'm turning off the back road onto the highway overpass, a truck passing me blinks their lights at me - and I'm like, "dude, my high beams aren't on, jerk!".

Ten seconds later I'm on the overpass and all of a sudden I see a guy less than a foot from my car, walking in the middle the road on the overpass, no flashlight or anything even slightly reflective. Wearing all dark brown and black. He looked like something you might expect from a horror movie.

And the way he was walking... his hands were behind his back, his head up, walking slowly but very deliberately. Looked like he was wearing some kind of a heavy leather face mask. Not the least bit scared of being hit by a car.

Creeped me right out. I was almost expecting to see something in the news this afternoon about some grisly murder or something.
Pelosi and crew know you are a member of this board so in order for them to ensure your compliance with whatever crazy idea they come up with next they are sending random people darkly dressed wearing leather face masks after you.

I guess if they send what scares you I need to be careful, I might start seeing my ex wife everywhere I look.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ghost863 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2019, 05:15 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 5,985 Times in 1,576 Posts

COULD be a wannabe suicide that wants to have someone his family can sue for negligence.

Wouldn't be the first one of those I ever took. Had 3 of them over the years that were no doubt they got themselves killed on purpose by folks who were minding their own business until they got brought into the nightmare.

Same for those who engage in suicide by cop. They want you to shoot them so they can be dead with the bonus of family can then sue the PD and collect big bucks for wrongfully deading their beloved one.
AND
It was amazing how the guy who had numerous complaints on him by numerous family members for beating his wife and kids and being an all around butthead turned into the perfect spouse who was dearly loved by all family members and was sole provider for the family when he did something really stupid and wound up dead by cop.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:23 PM
cogito ergo sum

Thanked 194,840 Times in 39,473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW GUY View Post
COULD be a wannabe suicide that wants to have someone his family can sue for negligence.

Wouldn't be the first one of those I ever took. Had 3 of them over the years that were no doubt they got themselves killed on purpose by folks who were minding their own business until they got brought into the nightmare.

Same for those who engage in suicide by cop. They want you to shoot them so they can be dead with the bonus of family can then sue the PD and collect big bucks for wrongfully deading their beloved one.
AND
It was amazing how the guy who had numerous complaints on him by numerous family members for beating his wife and kids and being an all around butthead turned into the perfect spouse who was dearly loved by all family members and was sole provider for the family when he did something really stupid and wound up dead by cop.
FIL had this happen to one guy he worked with at Rinker concrete company in Miami years ago.
A guy he supervised was leaving the yard with a full load of concrete. All of a sudden a bum gets himself crushed under the front end. Squeezed his guts up out of his head like rolling up a tube of toothpaste.
A couple weeks later, here comes his long lost loving family to sue the bejesus out of Rinker. If they cared so much for him, then where were they in the years prior? Couldn't help your loved one out with a place to stay or some food to eat?
Scumbags.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:05 PM
Survivor

I'm of mixed opinion - many saw me as the neglectful, abusive, girlfriend "making" him walk to work solo. Truth being he had done that every day for 30 years. We did sue when he got run over because the driver ran a red light, distracted on a cell phone, ADMITTED both. But my husband had a cash deposit for the business in his backpack and somehow that went missing the same time the police officer let the driver go.

Of course with personal injury "reform" we walked away with 2K and lucky to get that per the TWO Yale lawyers in my family.

I notice the ambulance chasers now say a "Commercial" vehicle "Not your fault" in their ads.

I know one cab driver t-boned by an illegal, they found his Mexico ID card on him... the ER did not give the illegal a high priority. I think how you look when you show up at the ER has a lot to do with your care.

My husband generally looks pretty disreputable but he had his work ID on him.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:22 PM
Survivor

Also... to clarify... while not quite "middle of nowhere" this overpass almost is. There's a few houses on the side I was going from. On the other side, the side that I assume he came from, is not only a long ways off (in addition to the overpass, there's two more bridges about the same length as the overpass crossing a river before it actually gets to land) but the only thing on that side for miles is cornfields and a few farm houses.

The guy did not look like a bum, nor did his footsteps make him look like he was drunk.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dealfinder500 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2019, 07:26 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,116 Posts

college town

goths on black bicycles at night.
The Following User Says Thank You to Explainist For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2019, 07:42 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,126 Posts

I think I would keep checking local news and see if anyone got murdered in one of the houses!

There are some mighty strange "people" out there. This guy might identify with some ghoul and feel it is his right to walk in the road.

That truck driver did you a favor with the flashing lights, just being annoyed you were probably a little more on edge. This time of year flashing lights often mean deer in road.

Glad you did not hit him and he did not cause you to go off the road!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cat wrangler For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2019, 10:41 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,604 Times in 983 Posts

Happy Halloween!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebjr1967 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2019, 11:13 AM
At 5000AGL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW GUY View Post

AND
We had one one time that was trying to suicide themself by cop, but it ended up not working as planned. After half an hour of trying to talk him down, he did the job himself. Then the family tried to sue the department for not intervening. It didnít get anywhere because we did try to intervene. Sometimes thereís only so much you can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealfinder500 View Post

One of those times where the best option is to just keep on a-truckin, sounds like.
I worry about my girlfriend in that type of situation. She tends to stop for things in the road instead of keeping some momentum. Before we met, she was in a similar situation and the guy (meth zombie) ended up on her hood kicking the windshield. Everything turned out fine, but still. And she wonít get her carry permit (Iím working on it), so I just cross my fingers and hope for the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobcat In The Woods For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2019, 11:50 AM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 5,985 Times in 1,576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat In The Woods View Post
We had one one time that was trying to suicide themself by cop, but it ended up not working as planned. After half an hour of trying to talk him down, he did the job himself. Then the family tried to sue the department for not intervening. It didnít get anywhere because we did try to intervene. Sometimes thereís only so much you can do.

THE City of DEEEtroit had the dubious distinction of having been successfully sued for ENGAGING in car chases where people crash and die
and
successfully sued for NOT CHASING and a crash resulted and people died.

First case, numerous chases have ended in chased car crashing and innocents getting hurt or killed. SO Detroit sued for negligence and seemed to always wind up paying. (Wayne county courts are notorious for making others pay. It is like the lottery with better odds.)
SO
This one evening DPD in a chase, decided it was too dangerous to continue and broke off. BGs however did not slow down and several blocks later they blew a light, Tboned an innocent and 2 dead.
DPD and Detroit successfully sued for stopping their pursuit because if they had continued on and caught the BGs the innocents would not have died, or so went the theory. So, if they chase and something bad happens, they lose. IF they do not chase and something bad happens they lose. Negligence is the suit on both cases.

BUT

Over the years I had a couple of folks who wanted to commit suicide by cops. Neither one was successful because one was waving around a plastic toy gun that was such a bad fake Matty Matel would be ashamed to build it. The other was one of those old Crossman BB pistols that might have worked except I grew up with one and as soon as I saw it told the other cops it was a BB gun.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NW GUY For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 14,376 Times in 3,840 Posts

People are scumbags. If you want out go sit in your car in the garage with the door closed, donít ruin someone elseís life on the way out.

A guy ran out onto i95 in front of a guy I know. He was driving a Peterbilt and he said it sounded like a gun went off in the cab of his truck when he hit the guy at 75 mph.
Pushed the grill, condenser, air cooler and radiator all back into the fan, and it took a while for the feelings he had to wear off. Itíll never go away, but the ďvolumeĒ of it is going down.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Revmgt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2019, 12:51 PM
Survivor

Suicidal is not a logical process. I have been there lots.

One thing that kept me grounded, I had a favorite cat and my husband said he would put the cat down if I killed myself. I didn't want to do that to my cat.

In Harris county we have a mental health task force, workers who accompany the police and are trained to deal with the mentally ill. They do a lot of good.

Thanks to my husband I am on their books as bipolar so they would likely send out "the team" if I had a problem.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:39 PM
You were the Executioner.

Thanked 1,564 Times in 472 Posts

I had an extremely weird incident several months ago and got poo poo'd for relating it.

All I can say is don't doubt what you saw and don't try to figure it out. Some things are better left alone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mazarine33 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 01:56 PM
operatorchan.org

Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,003 Posts

Sounds like some edge lord trying to prove how tough he is. I wouldn't worry about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to strokes762 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 06:31 PM
Live Free or Die

Thanked 11,609 Times in 2,735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost863 View Post

I guess if they send what scares you I need to be careful, I might start seeing my ex wife everywhere I look.
Oh God! Anything but that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A_SonofLiberty For This Useful Post: