Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 12-05-2019, 12:24 PM

Default Rambo: Last Blood

Advertise Here

Finally made it around to watching this movie (wasn't on my priority list haha). Anyway, I'm 3/4 of the way through the movie and had to pause it in order to post this question...

Why do the numb-nuts writing this action fluff, always have the "hero" dumping gun powder out of 5,000,000 bullets? They do realize you can go anywhere and purchase gun powder right? I doubt that the 5 seconds of him using pliers to pull a bullet out of a casing, is going to kill the mood. haha

Okay, my rant is over. For what it's worth, it's actually not a horrible movie... so far.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texas_Man For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 06:21 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,713 Times in 881 Posts

I guess movie maker is underlining "this is BOOM powder", not pepper or whatever.

I liked how some of the tunnels were made with large culverts. If I had some space of my own, a backhoe and extra culverts laying around... who could resist the temptation of at least considering it? :D
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KLF For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 09:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 14,213 Times in 3,820 Posts

I havent seen it yet waiting for it to come on pay per view,I saw all the other RAMBOS might as well watch this one, I like most of you folks know this is all impossible special effects and no one could ever do these things, But with all the b/s going on in DC and everywhere else,it takes my mind off of real depressing things we are bombarded with in the real world , Thats why i like the JOHN WICK movies, they are just a way to escape, for a couple of hours. JMO
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jimbowie1 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2019, 11:38 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Man View Post
Finally made it around to watching this movie (wasn't on my priority list haha). Anyway, I'm 3/4 of the way through the movie and had to pause it in order to post this question...

Why do the numb-nuts writing this action fluff, always have the "hero" dumping gun powder out of 5,000,000 bullets? They do realize you can go anywhere and purchase gun powder right? I doubt that the 5 seconds of him using pliers to pull a bullet out of a casing, is going to kill the mood. haha

Okay, my rant is over. For what it's worth, it's actually not a horrible movie... so far. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
Beats some movie i saw years ago ( cant remember name) that shows a slow motion shot of a bullet flying through the air after being fired with brass shell caseing still attached.
Movie people usually don't know anything about guns.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Faultyphoenix For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,891 Times in 478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faultyphoenix View Post
Beats some movie i saw years ago ( cant remember name) that shows a slow motion shot of a bullet flying through the air after being fired with brass shell caseing still attached.
Movie people usually don't know anything about guns.
Hollywood liberals usually don't. They're afraid of the bang-bang sticks in real life.
The Following User Says Thank You to PreppingGal For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2019, 12:54 AM
Prepared

Sly's films are nearly always based on the age old theme of the misunderstood underdog who finds redemption. He also likes to stay in shape and sometimes needs a reason to work out. I've always been a fan of good dialog, and some of the scenes he writes are excellent. I was a kid when the first Rocky came out, but the the scene where Mickey tells Rocky that he had talent but chose to become a cheap leg breaker is great writing. Later when Mickey convinces Rocky to let him be his manager, Sly wrote the scene that should have earned Meredith an Oscar, and considering that a few years earlier he was playing a penguin on TV, that took some real writing. In First Blood, the scenes where Rambo checks on his buddy and finds that he died from Agent Orange exposure, and later where he talks about being trusted to operate million dollar equipment in the military but not being able to keep a job in a car wash were great scenes. Same goes for the great scenes in Rocky Balboa where he pulls the folding chair out of the tree and talks to Adrian at he graveyard, and when he writes the allegory about how life isn't about how you respond to success, but rather how you respond to loss and failure by "moving forward."
Rocky cost $1 million to make and earned almost a billion in inflation adjusted dollars. The old action stars like Schwarzenegger and Stallone are getting replaced by goofy characters in spandex who act in movies that are lucky to recoup the cost of their special effects.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to williammandella For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2019, 10:03 AM

Stallone is one of the most underrated actors. Magnificent film with Oscar-ready Stallone!
Old 12-16-2019, 02:04 PM
Suffering Your Stupidity

Thanked 44,694 Times in 6,822 Posts

I just watched this last night and all I can say is that I really hope it is the "Last Blood"
Old 12-16-2019, 02:36 PM
Apocaloptimist

Thanked 6,571 Times in 1,736 Posts

The movie was by far the worst in the whole Rambo series. I do like that they shined a light on the cartel issue across the border.
The Following User Says Thank You to ClovisMan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2019, 05:40 PM
Dog Lives Matter

Thanked 24,019 Times in 5,112 Posts

I saw it last night. I thought the story had some holes, but the action scenes were very well done. It was a typical fearless Rambo movie.

I'm still not sure why he dug a massive tunnel system under his ranch, but it worked well as a trap for the bad guys.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:28 PM
Survivor

Thanked 14,213 Times in 3,820 Posts

I saw it last night,I thought it was a very good action movie, and, showed what the cartels are really like IMO.It was a good way to kill 2 hours, IMO
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimbowie1 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2019, 01:21 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,713 Times in 881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDefense View Post
I'm still not sure why he dug a massive tunnel system under his ranch, but it worked well as a trap for the bad guys.
PTSD. Slept peacefully safe underground. Was that part also cut out of the US version like the 10-minute opening scene we got? I think it was in the early beginning and was kind of obvious to me at least.
Old 12-23-2019, 11:35 PM
-.-. --.-

Thanked 11,600 Times in 1,212 Posts

That movie needs a "trigger" warning, holy ****.. when they were dragging those girls to get raped, i wanted to kill someone.