Teacher says parents don't have final say about their children - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 11-26-2019, 12:12 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,853 Times in 502 Posts
Default Teacher says parents don't have final say about their children

Advertise Here

In response to a sex education proposal in California and in Texas that included a drag queen being used to teach make up application and teach sex ed to students a local teacher asserts that parents should not have the final say in what their children are taught.

As a former public school principal myself, I have long ago learned that the public schools are, by-an-large re-education camps for the liberal left and have consistently urged parents to either home school their children or find a good private/religious school.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/texas_...have_final_say
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2019, 01:22 PM
I give up

Thanked 19,937 Times in 5,159 Posts

Bit by bit, the leftists have won the long game. We are done, the deviants are in control.

We used to joke that the inmates are running the insane asylum. Well, it's come true and there is little you can do about it.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 18,413 Times in 7,735 Posts

No one knows better their children than their parents. Some parents do not give a ...

But a teacher with that attitude needs to be gone from the profession. A teacher's job is to teach the body of knowledge. They can be concerned about other things but it is not their job to fix their concerns.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:02 PM
Survivor

Thanked 29,720 Times in 7,717 Posts

^^^^This..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pitbull_Dallas For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 02:03 PM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardinColorado View Post
...have consistently urged parents to either home school their children or find a good private/religious school
I'd wager you'd be the first . I had to fight with many teachers over home schooling and/or having a "say" to what went on in my youngest son's education. I won't bore you with the details, but...woudn't you say the majority of parents are either too embarrassed or just don't know HOW to address the subject of sex?
Fortunately, I wasn't one of them .
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eyepal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 02:12 PM
Rider

Thanked 8,107 Times in 1,347 Posts

Yet another reason why we homeschool
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Timberline For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 02:43 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 74,655 Times in 20,029 Posts

Here's my opinion: I think it is a parent's responsibility to take an active interest in their child's education and to ensure that their child learn certain things; whether the school agrees or not. The teacher is NOT the final arbiter on what a child should and shouldn't learn. However, I ALSO think that a parent does his or her child a disservice by preventing their child from learning certain things. Their child is better served by discussing the controversial rather than being insulated from it.

That being said, the beauty about being a parent is that I get to decide. I no more get to say how you educate your child than you get to decide how I educate mine. And woe to anybody that tries to tell ME how to educate my child! How could I begrudge anybody the same courtesy? I mean, sure I'm right and they are wrong. But they have the right to be wrong and **** their kids up.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 03:19 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 6,111 Times in 1,603 Posts

WHEN I was working UC my one boy was given his teacher for the NEXT grade and he went bonkers. She had a rep of being unstable and causing a lot of stress in the classrooms and he didn't want to deal with it. 5th - 6th grade.

The wife usually did the school contact stuff but she felt this required my "gentle" touch.
School was out for the summer. I walked the halls until I found the principal and had a heart to heart about the situation. He said yes the school was "watching her" and if he still felt that way after a couple of weeks he would "see" about moving him. I told him HIS problem was not my son's problem.
NOW, my kid was generally recognized as the best and brightest in the school and a really great kid. I mentioned that and he agreed and told me that was one of the reasons he thought the kid could handle it. I said NO, that won't do. (the son in question got all As from grade through HS)
NOW, you have to remember, at 6'2, 240, almost 5 years growth of beard and hair.. I was not your genteeel limp wrist appearing parent.
When he finally understood I was a cop and not a crook he breathes a little easier but stood his ground.
SO
I finally advised him I was also an attorney in the state of Michigan and I would dedicate how ever much time it took to make his life an absolute living hell until I had the result I wanted.
He caved,said he would make the switch.
Told him to put it in writing.. I can wait.
He did.

Now a days I would probably be charged with intimidation and everything else.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NW GUY For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 04:11 PM
For Conversation's Sake.

Thanked 18,060 Times in 5,513 Posts

The original article https://communityimpact.com/houston/...g-queen-event/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeaBeeDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 06:25 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,898 Times in 8,390 Posts

I had sex ed back 30 years ago... they were teaching a lot of deviant stuff even then. I shudder to think what they are teaching now.

And they don't teach basic life skills like building credit, managing debt, learning MARKETABLE skills, etc.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 06:29 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 55,407 Times in 19,116 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Time for parents to demand that teachers tow the line or lose their jobs. Stick to teaching reading/writing/and arithmetic and stop indoctrinating young, impressionable minds with Marxist poison.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 07:23 PM
Prepared

Thanked 1,217 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Time for parents to demand that teachers tow the line or lose their jobs. Stick to teaching reading/writing/and arithmetic and stop indoctrinating young, impressionable minds with Marxist poison.
This.

Until we start hitting them in the paycheck for going off scrip or teaching activism, this crap will continue.

Conservatives need to gain back a hold in our educational institutions. They are more leftwing than Hollywood is
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fire_fighter For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 07:26 PM
Deo Vindice

Thanked 33,871 Times in 9,143 Posts

This is why I home school.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dudeman351 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 07:27 PM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanked 12,656 Times in 3,703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman351 View Post
This is why I home school.
yeah bt I don't think the teachers can indoctrinate you dudeman
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghost863 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 07:48 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,683 Times in 1,187 Posts

If Gatto is right, then they've been re-education camps for capitalists since Rockefeller and Carnegie funded the formation of a public education system based on the Prussian model.
The Following User Says Thank You to ralfy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 08:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,898 Times in 8,390 Posts

I remember one time in community college. I had a business/accounting major. Anyway teacher looked like he was gagging on it, but he managed to get out the statement that Democratic candidates DID NOT cause an increase in government spending when elected. He was choking on the words as he got them out.

He then told us that was one of the required "lessons' he had to give to the business class in order to meet his qualifications for employment.

Basically, they would fire him if he did not teach the liberal playbook. To accountants.

I wonder what was mandated as I grew up. I did get a lot of liberalism but my Dad was - was - pretty conservative and taught that at home.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 08:54 PM
Survivor

Thanked 27,934 Times in 6,754 Posts

One teacher and the principal got an earful when the middle kid was in school. Teacher thought it was a good idea to tell the class if their parents ever struck them that they were to call CPS. Middle daughter was in that phase where she was feeling her oats. Was mad at her mother and told her off when she told to do something. And then made the mistake to mention calling CPS.

Wife proceeded to tell her that after she got done beating her little ass with the phone that she would call CPS for her and that she'd better not talk back like that again. Kid didn't. I was going to go up to the school. Wife did instead. Might have been better had I gone.

Wife got the last word. Kid didn't pull that stunt a second time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 08:25 AM
Proud Crusader

Thanked 6,543 Times in 1,536 Posts

Before I broke my back, I thought High School History(which, sadly, most high school aged kids care very little about).

My son has been home schooled since 4th grade. So I guess my wife and I have final say in his schoolin'...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bound for glory For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 10:47 AM
Prepared

Thanked 1,217 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfy View Post
If Gatto is right, then they've been re-education camps for capitalists since Rockefeller and Carnegie funded the formation of a public education system based on the Prussian model.
Okay....sure.

Can you give me some contemporary examples? If this is the case that shouldnt be that hard to find some links.....

I can give you about probably 100 showing overt left wing biases.

"I just constantly hear about all those "capitalists/Republicans/conservatives shutting down people on campus all the time." -said no one ever.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fire_fighter For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 10:55 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,010 Times in 2,144 Posts

Many parents can't or won't do sex education at home and it must be done at school. the issue is deviant sex. California no longer understands nor recognizes deviant sex. That is the issue. having worked in Social Service for years I can attest to the poor quality of parents out there. Just like one needs a license to drive, one should also have one to reproduce. We can start by ending welfare and starting work programs.
The Following User Says Thank You to goat daddy For This Useful Post: