Legal Question - Page 4 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 09-28-2019, 08:28 PM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Thanked 29,155 Times in 8,457 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibShooter View Post
Right. What I meant was a deposition canít usually be used in a trial in lieu of direct testimony.
Because the accused has the right to face his accuser(s).
Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2019, 08:37 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,392 Times in 8,173 Posts

I guess that is the benefit of living in all those drug infested slums, takes a lot to scare me. The guy who helps out out every week looks like an Original Gangster...and I love him to pieces.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:08 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
I guess that is the benefit of living in all those drug infested slums, takes a lot to scare me. The guy who helps out out every week looks like an Original Gangster...and I love him to pieces.
Do you live in "Gunspoint"?
Old 10-04-2019, 02:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,392 Times in 8,173 Posts

Not far. I have done Bible Handouts at Imperial Valley @ Greens by the chicken place. Done work in Acres Homes, Sunnyside, Fifth ward, etc.

I lived for 3 years over near the Haverstock apartments at Lee Road and 59 because it was close to work. I have seen bad areas and lived there too. Oddly enough my black cat did very well there.

I live in a better area now but not perfect. But it is on a bus line and in the paratransit service area.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:02 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,046 Times in 470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKII View Post
Geez! All this "call a lawyer" and act like a badass and hide "behind a screen", really?
Yes, really. I have been there, too.

IANALB:
  1. Most lawyers will give you a free consultation on minor matters.
  2. Don't do anything unless you are served. The lawyer you talk to will be able to give you no-nonsense advice about what is required for someone to serve you with a subpoena in your state.
  3. Most likely, if there really is a tort filed against you, some insurance carrier is going to charge you with negligence and try to get their loss back out of your hide. Sorry to bear bad news, but it might even be your own carrier.
  4. TALK TO A LAWYER!
Old 10-05-2019, 07:36 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,400 Times in 4,867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Warren View Post
Yes, really. I have been there, too.

IANALB:
  1. Most lawyers will give you a free consultation on minor matters.
  2. Don't do anything unless you are served. The lawyer you talk to will be able to give you no-nonsense advice about what is required for someone to serve you with a subpoena in your state.
  3. Most likely, if there really is a tort filed against you, some insurance carrier is going to charge you with negligence and try to get their loss back out of your hide. Sorry to bear bad news, but it might even be your own carrier.
  4. TALK TO A LAWYER!
I have a couple of lawyers I'll consult with if I have to. Most set up a time of day where they are not in court or with other clients. They will be best to tell you what is going on. For them to act on your behalf and represent you will run at least $400-500.