Active Shooter Midland Odessa Texas Area - Page 8 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 09-05-2019, 03:39 PM
Simple Goat Herder

Thanked 27,997 Times in 7,514 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFlame View Post
You don't have a problem with it but the law might.

And this again circles back to the thread I made months back about being afraid to get into any fight in public because if I beat a guy to death who deserves it, it doesn't matter. Judge and jury won't turn a blind eye to excessive use of force, etc. And that sucks for any citizen to walk around knowing.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
It's a ****ing nightmare for a cop because you're also in trouble if you try to walk away from the fight or go easy on the guy.
Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2019, 07:08 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 18,783 Times in 6,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFlame View Post
You don't have a problem with it but the law might.

And this again circles back to the thread I made months back about being afraid to get into any fight in public because if I beat a guy to death who deserves it, it doesn't matter. Judge and jury won't turn a blind eye to excessive use of force, etc. And that sucks for any citizen to walk around knowing.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
I'm with you. I know what the law would do.

Looking at from a parents perspective.....jail and law be damned. I doubt parents of children that have been sexually abused care if they end up in jail.

I'm not saying it's right. Certainly is against the law. But I do UNDERSTAND it.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:25 AM

Guns don’t kill, people do. I do believe in the right to bare arms. Automatic weapons? Not for the public. Just my humble opinion!
The Following User Says Thank You to LNsGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 10:34 AM
Daughter OfThe Revolution

Thanked 108,572 Times in 26,849 Posts

The
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNsGirl View Post
Guns don’t kill, people do. I do believe in the right to bare arms. Automatic weapons? Not for the public. Just my humble opinion!
They’re already illegal for starters.

So you think only government should be armed with automatic weapons? You TRUST them? Think they ‘care’ about you? Government is the single greatest mass murderers. They’re the reason our Founders, in their great, educated, wisdom, gave us the 2nd to begin with. Not for hunting and defending ourselves against our neighbors. But to defend ourselves against our government whenever they become tyrannical. Like they have.

The Founder's Escape Clause

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it..."

- U.S. Declaration of Independence
Old 09-06-2019, 10:58 AM
Survivor

Thanked 18,044 Times in 8,004 Posts

The Founders put it pretty plain, Mogli. Pity we who've gotten to this point haven't been willing to water the Tree....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 10:59 AM
Hunter

Thanked 5,982 Times in 1,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogli View Post
The

They’re already illegal for starters.

So you think only government should be armed with automatic weapons? You TRUST them? Think they ‘care’ about you? Government is the single greatest mass murderers. They’re the reason our Founders, in their great, educated, wisdom, gave us the 2nd to begin with. Not for hunting and defending ourselves against our neighbors. But to defend ourselves against our government whenever they become tyrannical. Like they have.

The Founder's Escape Clause

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it..."

- U.S. Declaration of Independence
Nicely done Mogli!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stroo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 12:44 PM
Survivor

Thanked 29,071 Times in 7,591 Posts

Another bit of information. The title is a little bit click bait I think, but it does say the weapon used may have been illegally manufactured..

https://news.yahoo.com/gun-used-texa...211956266.html