Reporter fails gun backround check - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 08-30-2019, 11:52 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,603 Times in 7,134 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post
Or if some retail pay clerk suspiciously sensed the reporter was asking about this the wrong way then the clerk pulled the classic "I'm just a stupid retail employee" act. I've seen that a million times. Just some benign fluff no help comment to get the customer out of their face.

If you were an $8/hr clerk and you thought some reporter was about to get into your grill then what would you do? Pop smoke and go on break.

Illinois state intermediate system likely stepped in.
Maybe itís just you...I NEVER get that stupid retail employee thing. Well....sometimes, but then, itís not an act, they really are stupid retail employees.

If you were an $8 an hour clerk....would you be smart enough to think that there was some nefarious intent involved in that phone call, or care enough to do bother protecting the store? Just say yep, transfer the call to sporting goods, go on break.

Get into your grill? Really? What imaginary world do you guys live in?
NOTHING the clerk might say is bad, itís legal to sell guns, they have a small pile of them back there, come on over, weíll sell you one! They arenít selling drugs or cigarettes out the back of a truck.

And Illinois state intermediate system is still govít, for all intents and purposes.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2019, 12:05 AM
Limited Tolerance Member

Thanked 8,233 Times in 2,658 Posts

`

I've called wal-mart to make sure they have in stock other products that the site says are in stock & that have nothing to do with firearms & many of them do that "act". Lots of people just don't care, especially since they aren't the business owner & whether wal-mart makes 1.6, 1.5. or only 1.2 billion in a given time makes no difference to their check.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuckleberry For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2019, 12:17 AM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Thanked 56,323 Times in 19,551 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 273andme View Post
the reporter didnt fail BG check she didnt have her current address on her DL. Not sure if that was mentioned. but didnt even get to the BG check.
Talk about trying to slice the pie thinner......

If your personal information is wrong then you can't buy a gun. Your personal info is part of the check process.

If personal info wasn't part of the check then you wouldn't need to give it. No one likes a quibbler.

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
The Following User Says Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2019, 12:26 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Talk about trying to slice the pie thinner.....
Not sure what your trying to infer but but failing BG check means you submitted a 4473 which was disapproved. Which isnt the case Im not sure how anyone can fail a BG check that was never even submitted.

had the reporter submitted the 4473 and gotten disapproved due to incorrect address thats 1 thing. It is incorrect to say they failed the check for all we know they could have submitted the form with the incorrect info and it could have been approved. Lets face it the federal govt isnt exactly on top of their game.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:28 AM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
Maybe itís just you...I NEVER get that stupid retail employee thing. Well....sometimes, but then, itís not an act, they really are stupid retail employees.
Never worked mass retail in your youth then.

It's not just a small thing. There is an entire vocabulary system built around it. It's called being "handled" and spread to other industries that deal with the public.

Ever walked into a big box store and can't find anyone? Trust me, there are lots of employees there. They just know how to avoid getting stuck in front of you so you end up wasting their time with your needs when they are trying to get their work list done. They don't want you to see them or talk to them. They have a punch list to knock out before their shift ends. Got a problem? Go find a manager or go to the customer service desk. They don't want you snatching at employees on the retail floor.

Making a pronouncement doesn't prove your point. It just means you can't see what's going on around you at retail businesses.

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:36 AM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Quote:
Not sure what your trying to infer
I wasn't implying anything. I directly stated it. If something is on the form then it must be correct or you fail to buy a gun. The NICS check is just part of the hurdles, not the only test that has to be passed.

You just have the urge to nit-pick at the story for no useful reason whatsoever.

Nothing was learned and no one was enlightened by your observation.

I obviously didn't make the thread so people learn how to buy a gun.

Old 08-31-2019, 03:00 AM
Prepared

Quote:
I wasn't implying anything. I directly stated it. If something is on the form then it must be correct or you fail to buy a gun. The NICS check is just part of the hurdles, not the only test that has to be passed.

You just have the urge to nit-pick at the story for no useful reason whatsoever.

Nothing was learned and no one was enlightened by your observation.

I obviously didn't make the thread so people learn how to buy a gun.
Im sorry if you feel stating the facts of the story is nit picking. Im also sorry you feel that the facts are of no use what so ever. Some of us like to know the facts of what happened.

No, you obviously made a thread under false pretenses stating someone failed a BG check. For what reason I have no idea.

You should work for CNN. You seem skilled at omitting facts to push some secondary agenda. Its your post, your story you can make it as accurate or inaccurate as you please.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:00 AM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Quote:
Im sorry if you feel stating the facts of the story is nit picking. Im also sorry you feel that the facts are of no use what so ever. Some of us like to know the facts of what happened.

No, you obviously made a thread under false pretenses stating someone failed a BG check. For what reason I have no idea.

You should work for CNN. You seem skilled at omitting facts to push some secondary agenda. Its your post, your story you can make it as accurate or inaccurate as you please.
Sorry? Did you fart or something? And some serious butthurt there too I see.

Are you blind? The only agenda of this thread is some humorous teasing of leftist idiots who get tunnel vision.

Do you buy your irony by the gross or the pallet?

Wake up. This isn't serious news and you don't need to pick it apart for hidden wisdom.

False pretenses? Only for those who are clueless about the obvious. Forest, trees, and that jazz.

You only look the more foolish for being operationally wrong, a quibbler, pouting butthurt, and tragically ironic.

Time for you to go ruminate about trying to be serious in a humor thread.

Old 08-31-2019, 04:47 AM
Prepared

riiiiigggghhhhhtttttt............................. . I think i might just ruminate all day on your asinine attempt at humor, did you not think it was humorous enough on its own merit? I personally found the story humorous on its own. I think youve proven yourself just as much a dolt and the reporter in the original story.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:47 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,619 Times in 1,775 Posts

Address makes a difference.I live on an Avenue.

I wrote XXX Av. on the form.
My DL has it as XXX Ave.

Had to go back to my car and get the regisration to verify it.
True story.
The Following User Says Thank You to cook For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2019, 01:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,908 Times in 9,300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cook View Post
Address makes a difference.I live on an Avenue.

I wrote XXX Av. on the form.
My DL has it as XXX Ave.

Had to go back to my car and get the regisration to verify it.
True story.
We have to bring a current water or electric bill (or the like) to verify our address.
Old 08-31-2019, 02:22 PM
Survivor

Thanked 59,619 Times in 19,343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCalHippie View Post
We have to bring a current water or electric bill (or the like) to verify our address.
For what?

(Asks the guy with neither a water, nor electric bill.)
Old 08-31-2019, 03:00 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
For what?

(Asks the guy with neither a water, nor electric bill.)
Proof of residence. I guess any bill with your personal address on it would work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2019, 04:15 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 15,831 Times in 8,399 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

You should work for CNN. You seem skilled at omitting facts to push some secondary agenda. Its your post, your story you can make it as accurate or inaccurate as you please. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif[/IMG]
Sorry? Did you fart or something? And some serious butthurt there too I see.

Are you blind? The only agenda of this thread is some humorous teasing of leftist idiots who get tunnel vision.

Do you buy your irony by the gross or the pallet? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Wake up. This isn't serious news and you don't need to pick it apart for hidden wisdom.

False pretenses? Only for those who are clueless about the obvious. Forest, trees, and that jazz.

You only look the more foolish for being operationally wrong, a quibbler, pouting butthurt, and tragically ironic.

Time for you to go ruminate about trying to be serious in a humor thread.
It is hard to tell humor from standard first world whinging to be honest.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:44 PM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Quote:
I personally found the story humorous on its own.
....says the man who also wanted to dig for facts and cried about false pretenses.

Yep, good old doublespeak so you don't have to admit you got all SRS BSNSS in a joke thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
...says the forcibly disarmed descendant of a felon who never has useful place in a gun discussion.

Your kind lost even the right to even joke about guns.

You two could screw up a bowl of corn flakes.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2019, 06:00 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 15,831 Times in 8,399 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
I personally found the story humorous on its own.
....says the man who also wanted to dig for facts and cried about false pretenses.

Yep, good old doublespeak so you don't have to admit you got all SRS BSNSS in a joke thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
...says the forcibly disarmed descendant of a felon who never has useful place in a gun discussion.

Your kind lost even the right to even joke about guns.

You two could screw up a bowl of corn flakes. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]
Yeah that. Not sure if you are being funny or being whingy

I was looking up Fava from super troopers and he is that example.

https://youtu.be/yYSfXp8U5-M

You remind me of him.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:46 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCalHippie View Post
Proof of residence. I guess any bill with your personal address on it would work.
I get that part.

Are you saying your DL isn't enough when you fill out a 4473?
Old 09-01-2019, 03:04 AM
Simple Goat Herder

Thanked 27,999 Times in 7,514 Posts

Quote:
I get that part.

What if you moved since you got your license renewed? They need something to show you lived at that address this month.

Why? No idea why they care. What, you moved to Texas but then drove back to California so you could buy a gun and smuggle it back in to Texas?
The Following User Says Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2019, 03:53 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
What if you moved since you got your license renewed? They need something to show you lived at that address this month.

Why? No idea why they care. What, you moved to Texas but then drove back to California so you could buy a gun and smuggle it back in to Texas?
I've filled out WELL OVER 100 different 4473's in several states and never needed more than my DL.

As to your concerns:
That's what the background check is for.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2019, 12:21 PM
Survivor

Quote:
I get that part.

Not in California, although they need a copy of your DL also.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post: