Reporter fails gun backround check - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2019, 11:52 PM
ajole ajole is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,922
Thanks: 7,863
Thanked 22,603 Times in 7,134 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post
Or if some retail pay clerk suspiciously sensed the reporter was asking about this the wrong way then the clerk pulled the classic "I'm just a stupid retail employee" act. I've seen that a million times. Just some benign fluff no help comment to get the customer out of their face.

If you were an $8/hr clerk and you thought some reporter was about to get into your grill then what would you do? Pop smoke and go on break.

Illinois state intermediate system likely stepped in.
Maybe itís just you...I NEVER get that stupid retail employee thing. Well....sometimes, but then, itís not an act, they really are stupid retail employees.

If you were an $8 an hour clerk....would you be smart enough to think that there was some nefarious intent involved in that phone call, or care enough to do bother protecting the store? Just say yep, transfer the call to sporting goods, go on break.

Get into your grill? Really? What imaginary world do you guys live in?
NOTHING the clerk might say is bad, itís legal to sell guns, they have a small pile of them back there, come on over, weíll sell you one! They arenít selling drugs or cigarettes out the back of a truck.

And Illinois state intermediate system is still govít, for all intents and purposes.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2019, 12:05 AM
Chuckleberry's Avatar
Chuckleberry Chuckleberry is offline
Limited Tolerance Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: NoDak
Posts: 3,483
Thanks: 5,236
Thanked 8,233 Times in 2,658 Posts
Default

`

I've called wal-mart to make sure they have in stock other products that the site says are in stock & that have nothing to do with firearms & many of them do that "act". Lots of people just don't care, especially since they aren't the business owner & whether wal-mart makes 1.6, 1.5. or only 1.2 billion in a given time makes no difference to their check.

.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuckleberry For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2019, 12:17 AM
IamZeke's Avatar
IamZeke IamZeke is offline
Beer Truck Door Gunner
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 27,097
Thanks: 29,238
Thanked 56,323 Times in 19,551 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 273andme View Post
the reporter didnt fail BG check she didnt have her current address on her DL. Not sure if that was mentioned. but didnt even get to the BG check.
Talk about trying to slice the pie thinner......


If your personal information is wrong then you can't buy a gun. Your personal info is part of the check process.

If personal info wasn't part of the check then you wouldn't need to give it. No one likes a quibbler.
__________________
Need more info? Try this:

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2019, 12:26 AM
273andme 273andme is offline
Prepared
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: tx
Posts: 397
Thanks: 77
Thanked 427 Times in 176 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post
Talk about trying to slice the pie thinner.....
Not sure what your trying to infer but but failing BG check means you submitted a 4473 which was disapproved. Which isnt the case Im not sure how anyone can fail a BG check that was never even submitted.

had the reporter submitted the 4473 and gotten disapproved due to incorrect address thats 1 thing. It is incorrect to say they failed the check for all we know they could have submitted the form with the incorrect info and it could have been approved. Lets face it the federal govt isnt exactly on top of their game.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2019, 12:28 AM
IamZeke's Avatar
IamZeke IamZeke is offline
Beer Truck Door Gunner
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 27,097
Thanks: 29,238
Thanked 56,323 Times in 19,551 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
Maybe itís just you...I NEVER get that stupid retail employee thing. Well....sometimes, but then, itís not an act, they really are stupid retail employees.
Never worked mass retail in your youth then.

It's not just a small thing. There is an entire vocabulary system built around it. It's called being "handled" and spread to other industries that deal with the public.

Ever walked into a big box store and can't find anyone? Trust me, there are lots of employees there. They just know how to avoid getting stuck in front of you so you end up wasting their time with your needs when they are trying to get their work list done. They don't want you to see them or talk to them. They have a punch list to knock out before their shift ends. Got a problem? Go find a manager or go to the customer service desk. They don't want you snatching at employees on the retail floor.

Making a pronouncement doesn't prove your point. It just means you can't see what's going on around you at retail businesses.
__________________
Need more info? Try this:

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2019, 12:36 AM
IamZeke's Avatar
IamZeke IamZeke is offline
Beer Truck Door Gunner
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 27,097
Thanks: 29,238
Thanked 56,323 Times in 19,551 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 273andme View Post
Not sure what your trying to infer
I wasn't implying anything. I directly stated it. If something is on the form then it must be correct or you fail to buy a gun. The NICS check is just part of the hurdles, not the only test that has to be passed.

You just have the urge to nit-pick at the story for no useful reason whatsoever.

Nothing was learned and no one was enlightened by your observation.

I obviously didn't make the thread so people learn how to buy a gun.
__________________
Need more info? Try this:

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2019, 03:00 AM
273andme 273andme is offline
Prepared
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: tx
Posts: 397
Thanks: 77
Thanked 427 Times in 176 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post
I wasn't implying anything. I directly stated it. If something is on the form then it must be correct or you fail to buy a gun. The NICS check is just part of the hurdles, not the only test that has to be passed.

You just have the urge to nit-pick at the story for no useful reason whatsoever.

Nothing was learned and no one was enlightened by your observation.

I obviously didn't make the thread so people learn how to buy a gun.
Im sorry if you feel stating the facts of the story is nit picking. Im also sorry you feel that the facts are of no use what so ever. Some of us like to know the facts of what happened.

No, you obviously made a thread under false pretenses stating someone failed a BG check. For what reason I have no idea.

You should work for CNN. You seem skilled at omitting facts to push some secondary agenda. Its your post, your story you can make it as accurate or inaccurate as you please.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2019, 04:00 AM
IamZeke's Avatar
IamZeke IamZeke is offline
Beer Truck Door Gunner
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 27,097
Thanks: 29,238
Thanked 56,323 Times in 19,551 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 273andme View Post
Im sorry if you feel stating the facts of the story is nit picking. Im also sorry you feel that the facts are of no use what so ever. Some of us like to know the facts of what happened.

No, you obviously made a thread under false pretenses stating someone failed a BG check. For what reason I have no idea.

You should work for CNN. You seem skilled at omitting facts to push some secondary agenda. Its your post, your story you can make it as accurate or inaccurate as you please.
Sorry? Did you fart or something? And some serious butthurt there too I see.

Are you blind? The only agenda of this thread is some humorous teasing of leftist idiots who get tunnel vision.

Do you buy your irony by the gross or the pallet?

Wake up. This isn't serious news and you don't need to pick it apart for hidden wisdom.

False pretenses? Only for those who are clueless about the obvious. Forest, trees, and that jazz.

You only look the more foolish for being operationally wrong, a quibbler, pouting butthurt, and tragically ironic.

Time for you to go ruminate about trying to be serious in a humor thread.
__________________
Need more info? Try this:

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2019, 04:47 AM
273andme 273andme is offline
Prepared
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: tx
Posts: 397
Thanks: 77
Thanked 427 Times in 176 Posts
Default

riiiiigggghhhhhtttttt............................. . I think i might just ruminate all day on your asinine attempt at humor, did you not think it was humorous enough on its own merit? I personally found the story humorous on its own. I think youve proven yourself just as much a dolt and the reporter in the original story.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2019, 04:47 AM
cook's Avatar
cook cook is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,106
Thanks: 3,279
Thanked 4,619 Times in 1,775 Posts
Default

Address makes a difference.I live on an Avenue.

I wrote XXX Av. on the form.
My DL has it as XXX Ave.

Had to go back to my car and get the regisration to verify it.
True story.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to cook For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2019, 01:42 PM
NCalHippie's Avatar
NCalHippie NCalHippie is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,612
Thanks: 28,725
Thanked 23,908 Times in 9,300 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cook View Post
Address makes a difference.I live on an Avenue.

I wrote XXX Av. on the form.
My DL has it as XXX Ave.

Had to go back to my car and get the regisration to verify it.
True story.
We have to bring a current water or electric bill (or the like) to verify our address.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2019, 02:22 PM
Nomad, 2nd Nomad, 2nd is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Gulf coast and/or Nomadically
Posts: 29,326
Thanks: 25,163
Thanked 59,619 Times in 19,343 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCalHippie View Post
We have to bring a current water or electric bill (or the like) to verify our address.
For what?

(Asks the guy with neither a water, nor electric bill.)
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2019, 03:00 PM
NCalHippie's Avatar
NCalHippie NCalHippie is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,612
Thanks: 28,725
Thanked 23,908 Times in 9,300 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
For what?

(Asks the guy with neither a water, nor electric bill.)
Proof of residence. I guess any bill with your personal address on it would work.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2019, 04:15 PM
dontbuypotteryfromme dontbuypotteryfromme is offline
This is a great survival forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Far north queensland Australia
Posts: 20,242
Thanks: 4,427
Thanked 15,831 Times in 8,399 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 273andme View Post
Im sorry if you feel stating the facts of the story is nit picking. Im also sorry you feel that the facts are of no use what so ever. Some of us like to know the facts of what happened.

No, you obviously made a thread under false pretenses stating someone failed a BG check. For what reason I have no idea.

You should work for CNN. You seem skilled at omitting facts to push some secondary agenda. Its your post, your story you can make it as accurate or inaccurate as you please. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif[/IMG]
Sorry? Did you fart or something? And some serious butthurt there too I see.

Are you blind? The only agenda of this thread is some humorous teasing of leftist idiots who get tunnel vision.

Do you buy your irony by the gross or the pallet? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Wake up. This isn't serious news and you don't need to pick it apart for hidden wisdom.

False pretenses? Only for those who are clueless about the obvious. Forest, trees, and that jazz.

You only look the more foolish for being operationally wrong, a quibbler, pouting butthurt, and tragically ironic.

Time for you to go ruminate about trying to be serious in a humor thread.
It is hard to tell humor from standard first world whinging to be honest.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2019, 05:44 PM
IamZeke's Avatar
IamZeke IamZeke is offline
Beer Truck Door Gunner
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 27,097
Thanks: 29,238
Thanked 56,323 Times in 19,551 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 273andme View Post
I personally found the story humorous on its own.
....says the man who also wanted to dig for facts and cried about false pretenses.

Yep, good old doublespeak so you don't have to admit you got all SRS BSNSS in a joke thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
It is hard to tell humor from standard first world whinging to be honest.
...says the forcibly disarmed descendant of a felon who never has useful place in a gun discussion.

Your kind lost even the right to even joke about guns.




You two could screw up a bowl of corn flakes.
__________________
Need more info? Try this:

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2019, 06:00 PM
dontbuypotteryfromme dontbuypotteryfromme is offline
This is a great survival forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Far north queensland Australia
Posts: 20,242
Thanks: 4,427
Thanked 15,831 Times in 8,399 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 273andme View Post
I personally found the story humorous on its own.
....says the man who also wanted to dig for facts and cried about false pretenses.

Yep, good old doublespeak so you don't have to admit you got all SRS BSNSS in a joke thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
It is hard to tell humor from standard first world whinging to be honest.
...says the forcibly disarmed descendant of a felon who never has useful place in a gun discussion.

Your kind lost even the right to even joke about guns.




You two could screw up a bowl of corn flakes. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]
Yeah that. Not sure if you are being funny or being whingy

I was looking up Fava from super troopers and he is that example.

https://youtu.be/yYSfXp8U5-M

You remind me of him.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2019, 11:46 PM
Nomad, 2nd Nomad, 2nd is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Gulf coast and/or Nomadically
Posts: 29,326
Thanks: 25,163
Thanked 59,619 Times in 19,343 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCalHippie View Post
Proof of residence. I guess any bill with your personal address on it would work.
I get that part.

Are you saying your DL isn't enough when you fill out a 4473?
Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2019, 03:04 AM
Colt's Avatar
Colt Colt is offline
Simple Goat Herder
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,415
Thanks: 15,840
Thanked 27,999 Times in 7,514 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
I get that part.

Are you saying your DL isn't enough when you fill out a 4473?
What if you moved since you got your license renewed? They need something to show you lived at that address this month.

Why? No idea why they care. What, you moved to Texas but then drove back to California so you could buy a gun and smuggle it back in to Texas?
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2019, 03:53 AM
Nomad, 2nd Nomad, 2nd is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Gulf coast and/or Nomadically
Posts: 29,326
Thanks: 25,163
Thanked 59,619 Times in 19,343 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
What if you moved since you got your license renewed? They need something to show you lived at that address this month.

Why? No idea why they care. What, you moved to Texas but then drove back to California so you could buy a gun and smuggle it back in to Texas?
I've filled out WELL OVER 100 different 4473's in several states and never needed more than my DL.

As to your concerns:
That's what the background check is for.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2019, 12:21 PM
NCalHippie's Avatar
NCalHippie NCalHippie is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,612
Thanks: 28,725
Thanked 23,908 Times in 9,300 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
I get that part.

Are you saying your DL isn't enough when you fill out a 4473?
Not in California, although they need a copy of your DL also.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net