Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spiritual wilderness Arctic Circler Religious Discussion 0 11-25-2013 02:43 PM
Spiritual battle? darkkgbwolf Religious Discussion 35 05-01-2012 12:22 PM
Spiritual exercise.... Optimist Religious Discussion 16 05-23-2011 12:05 PM
What Is Your Spiritual Gift? ActionJackson Religious Discussion 60 03-30-2011 08:37 AM
One mans trash is another mans treasure. Hummer Rifle Forum 45 11-09-2010 12:30 PM
Just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in Joe Strummer Political News and Discussion 18 09-24-2010 01:04 PM
physical or spiritual Standox Religious Discussion 31 04-03-2010 10:30 AM
What is your Spiritual Gift? ActionJackson Religious Discussion 78 11-08-2009 12:33 PM
My spiritual journey Micah525 Religious Discussion 12 03-15-2008 09:11 AM

View Poll Results: What is man's spiritual condition?
Condition? What condition? There is nothing wrong with us... 5 21.74%
We are spiritually dead in sin... 9 39.13%
We are spiritually sick... 4 17.39%
We become spiritually sick if we sin, otherwise there is nothing wrong with us... 2 8.70%
Other... (please explain) 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2009, 02:03 PM
very very tired!

Advertise Here

Do un to others as you would have done to yourself (or something like that).
Is one of the seven principles of Spiritualism. There is no heaven, there is no hell. You live your life doing the best you can & hurting nobody. Then you die and go on somewhere else which is not heaven and is not hell, but a place where you learn more. NO child ever EVER goes to hell or suffers after death. The churches are evil to tell that to parents.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to diamond lil For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionary Joshua View Post
What is man's spiritual condition and what does one do to go to heaven?
I picked other. Why? Because I believe what I am about to share. It is my opinion, part of my faith, I post this to answer the OP question, and all who read my missive can take it or leave it...

What is man's spiritual condition? Well that depends on a multitude of points of view. My point of view is this: Our spiritual condition is based on the law of healing. The law of healing calls for a pure tongue. Some may interpret this as no lying, no omission, or no profanity. I say pure heart - pure tongue. "He that will love life and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile." I Peter 3:10.

Our spirit can read our heart from the condition of the tongue; you are familiar with the following: "For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh."

We are also told that "an angry tongue is a fire." "It setteth on fire the course of nature." Meaning the blood becomes hot, the brain inflamed, the digestion sour, the nerves burn, your blood pressure goes up and the bodily organs become thus affected. A bad tongue working in the mind and the flesh defiles the whole body imo, for the nerves are moved by thought and feeling, and the physical therefore responds to the mental state. Death and life are in the power of our tongue. "Their word will eat, as doth a canker." II Tim. 2:17

How many times have we gone home sick and disturbed in body and mind, and even laid awake in bed at night because of our bad use of the tongue - or another's bad use of their tongue upon us or a loved one?

About heaven, all I can say is that if Jesus had to spend three days in Hell, I can only imagine what the number of days will be for some of the rest of us, myself included, even with acts of forgiveness. I pray that when I do take my last breath, I may go to heaven...but it is going to be based on me - my life, my actions, my faith, my words, my forgiveness, and my own adherence to spiritual law. And, I will leave you with this, "Unto God the Lord belong the issues from death." Ps. 68:20

Peace,
~ Psi
The Following User Says Thank You to Psimajick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,107 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
The Bible tacitly speaks of "the age of accountability." Google "age of accountability" and you will find a number of commentaries on the subject. I personally believe that the specific age may vary depending on the maturity of the child. Some individuals learn the difference between right and wrong at a different time. However, when selecting men for the armies of Old Testament Israel, age 20 seemed to be significant (to the best of my recollection). Also, when the population of Old Testament Israel was counted or when a census was taken, only those age 20 and above were counted. It could very well be that those who die before the age of 20 have not reached the age of accountability but I have not reached a dogmatic conclusion on the issue.
My impression has always been that the "age of accountability" is a way for some Christians to make god look nicer, because the Bible paints a rather wicked picture of him. I see no basis to claim the bible supports the idea anyway, though I could very well be corrected on this.

So if you die before 20, you just got lucky? Why wouldn't any child who fears hell commit suicide at 19? Isn't wouldn't that be the safe thing to do. Better than than take the likely chance that you won't be saved. I mean, if there's any chance at all you won't get saved then considering the cost of not being saved it would literally be idiotic NOT to kill yourself before the age of accountability.

Last edited by Darsemnos; 07-15-2009 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: Added more letters, spaces, and punctuation, and marshmallows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Survivor

Why did man fall? How could he disobey god without first having a sin nature? Did he not know better? If he didn't know better, then he is not to blame. If he did know better, he would have had to be already sinful in order to sin. It's all a logical mess.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darsemnos For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2009, 06:53 PM
New Days New Tribes

I've seen, several times, on docos, the scientists believe the brain reaches full biological maturity in the 20s (average age 23).
Old 07-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 54,314 Times in 18,797 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsemnos View Post
My impression has always been that the "age of accountability" is a way for some Christians to make god look nicer, because the Bible paints a rather wicked picture of him. I see no basis to claim the bible supports the idea anyway, though I could very well be corrected on this.

So if you die before 20, you just got lucky? Why wouldn't any child who fears hell commit suicide at 19? Isn't wouldn't that be the safe thing to do. Better than than take the likely chance that you won't be saved. I mean, if there's any chance at all you won't get saved then considering the cost of not being saved it would literally be idiotic NOT to kill yourself before the age of accountability.
Re-read my post. I'm pretty sure I said that I hadn't reached a dogmatic conclusion on the issue. I simply stated that when choosing soldiers or counting heads in a national census only those 20 years of age and older were counted. Does this have any significance in regard to the subject at hand? I don't know for sure.

God knows His children. He knows if they died innocent. He, not I, knows the hearts and souls of His own. I choose to believe that the millions of innocent lives that die in infancy in our land will see the Kingdom of God. Some may even be considered martyrs but that's another subject for another time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Re-read my post. I'm pretty sure I said that I hadn't reached a dogmatic conclusion on the issue. I simply stated that when choosing soldiers or counting heads in a national census only those 20 years of age and older were counted. Does this have any significance in regard to the subject at hand? I don't know for sure.

God knows His children. He knows if they died innocent. He, not I, knows the hearts and souls of His own. I choose to believe that the millions of innocent lives that die in infancy in our land will see the Kingdom of God. Some may even be considered martyrs but that's another subject for another time.
No one is innocent, no not even one. Apart from an act of actual salvation in a child's life you're stuck with a god who would condemn them to hell forever. According to the bible we enter into this life in a state of sin, and need salvation. Apart from actual salvation, you're screwed. Not only that, it was determined before you were born, and you have no control over it.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,054 Times in 563 Posts

Jesus said:

13People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,054 Times in 563 Posts

Also,

35Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?"
36"Who is he, sir?" the man asked. "Tell me so that I may believe in him."

37Jesus said, "You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you."

38Then the man said, "Lord, I believe," and he worshiped him.

39Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind."

40Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, "What? Are we blind too?"

41Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:12 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 4,271 Times in 2,523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionary Joshua View Post
[ ... ] Those that God has saved will believe this:

Quote:
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
the Maker of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:

Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost,
born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;

The third day He arose again from the dead;

He ascended into heaven,
and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Ghost;
the holy catholic <insert universal> church;
the communion of saints;
the forgiveness of sins;
the resurrection of the body;
and the life everlasting.
[ ... ]
What is the doctrine of the communion of saints?