Modern Minuteman - a "theoretical" discussion - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modern/Best version of "Quick Clot" bandage? Reason Health, Fitness and First Aid 45 08-12-2018 03:51 PM
What modern "tactical" add ons do you use and find practical? indie Firearms General Discussion 110 10-17-2017 12:51 AM
Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison," doctor says Creek Walker Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 60 10-12-2017 10:47 AM
Assange, WikiLeaks and "The modern woman is a whore and no man is safe" Brad in Seattle Political News and Discussion 2 07-28-2016 01:12 AM
Huh!..."For Nearly Two Decades the Nuclear Launch Code at all Minuteman Silos was..." Athanasius General Discussion 62 12-18-2013 11:32 AM
Thread for modern "wild man" postings THE_HUNTERIAM Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 26 11-13-2013 05:31 PM
Unable to access any of the threads in "General Discussion" The Grand Baboon Site Information & Suggestion Box 4 02-20-2013 06:43 PM
Survival style theoretical discussion JaySlay Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 22 03-13-2012 10:31 PM
"Loot, plunder and become a modern day pirate." fcb98292 Urban Survival 74 02-28-2010 12:36 AM

Old 07-06-2016, 08:48 PM
New and yet, old

Thanked 10,721 Times in 2,203 Posts

Advertise Here

snickers bars

I have needed them in combat in two separate wars on two separate continents.

Just saying
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2016, 08:51 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 68,071 Times in 20,790 Posts

Transportation - Truck
Food - case of MRE's you can toss in the truck.
Water - should already have a case of water and a couple SS bottles and filter in the truck.
Guns - AR, AK, or deer rifle. Whatever. and steel ammo box(es) with loaded mags, cleaning kit with rod. Secondary weapon can be a pistol or a 10/22 or shotgun.
Truck should already have a comprehensive tool kit. Duct tape, JB weld, wire.
Maybe a way to camoflauge the truck. (that fancy netting?)
large, medium and small snare kits. Leg hold traps, conibears. Bag of rice. Vit pills. gallon can of cooking oil.

BOB you can toss in the truck.
Large first aid/trauma kit you can toss in.

Comms - CB, FRS, or whatever.

Perimeter alerts devices.

Strong shovel, 2 handed axe.
Jerry can or 2 of spare gas.
If you have a chain saw, toss that in.

Between the GHB and the BOB, you should have all the misc and personal gear needed. bug spray, knives, clothing items, shelter, mess kit, TP, socks, camo poncho. mosquito headnet, map, compass, mirror, machete, wet wipes, bandanas.

The truck needs a real spare tire, repair kit, 12V air compressor. jump start pack. Breaker bar and cheater, extra jack. Hack saw, lock pick set, bolt cutters, small cutting torch.

Cellphone/smart phone loaded with survival files and charging stuff. (possibly in a black hole bag.)

3M gas mask. Full face type with some P-100s.

Reflective foil backed grabber tarps. (Reduce IR signature on you or your engine compartment).

large zip tie cuffs. Rope.

NVG, helmet, chest rig, if you are into that stuff.

(I can never resist a list).
Old 07-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,081 Times in 2,800 Posts

Some kind of smaller portable overnight sleeping gear....light weight sleeping bag or even something like a good wool blanket...woobie...

Lightweight rain gear or poncho
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Metcalf For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2016, 09:07 PM
Swift Justice = 2950fps

Thanked 34,305 Times in 8,802 Posts

Here's a "Spud Gun" I designed and built from the scrap metal pile on my shop floor. During SHTF, conservatives in need of "Mechanical Magic" are always welcome to stop in....theoretically speaking, of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xozb9Hui60M
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PaulKersey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Ultranationalist

Thanked 46,875 Times in 9,822 Posts

We need to resist the guaranteed urge to add more and more and more gear to it. All of us are going to have an idea of what is absolutely necessary. A minuteman needs to be able to fight a short engagement at a moment's notice. Therefore he doesn't need a week of water or a ghillie suit or MREs or level III armor or night vision or 5,000 rounds of ammo.

Short engagements at a moment's notice. If we don't resist our urge to load ourselves down with every piece of equipment we feel is absolutely essential, then it'll take an hour to get it all together.

Here's my starting list:

Semi-automatic combat rifle, such as an AR, AK, M14 or Mini-14.

Semi-auto pistol with a decent ammo capacity preferable. Though I wouldn't scoff at anyone who brought a 1911.

Fighting knife that also performs well as a survival knife, I'll be bringing a Ka-Bar. (I say it needs to perform well as a survival knife, not because the engagement could last very long, but because the engagement could go wrong and you might end up traveling far in an evasion attempt. I do not believe Minutemen should be going and getting themselves into prolonged engagements without resupply. That goes back to my first point about Minutemen being there for short engagements.)

One liter of water, plus a Sawyer mini filter. Hopefully by the time the liter of water is exhausted, the engagement needs to be over. Minutemen are not there to fight prolonged battles without resupply.

Some sort of little energy bar or snack thing. Eat it on the way to the fight.

Sturdy fighting clothes and supportive shoes or boots with good socks. If you're a Minuteman, you don't have to dress like a multicam trooper or wear a ghillie suit. Just shoot for earthtones. If you have a body armor, toss it on, but most MM won't have it. Gloves you can shoot with would be nice.

Some kind of load bearing rig. Needs to be able to hold all of your ammo mags, if nothing else.

Standard combat load of ammo. For an AR, that's seven mags, 210 rounds. This is what makes the Minuteman a short term guy. He doesn't have ammo for days. That's not his purpose. If he's pushed into that purpose, he's done.

Three, four or five mags for the pistol, depending on what pistol you're carrying and what you have room for.

Flashlight would be nice. Nothing special like red lenses are needed if you don't have them. The enemy is going to know you're there. Again, as mentioned several times, you're a Minuteman, not a SF operator on a long term overnighter.

I don't really want to carry much else if I'm going to be expected to leave at a moment's notice.

Oh, and a change of socks. I don't care if the fight is in your front yard and you win it in thirty seconds. You have to change your socks. Toss a subdued color waterproof poncho in for good measure.

***Disclaimer*** This list is compiled by someone who lives in a region where the temps never drop below 30. You could go all day wearing blue jeans, a long sleeve shirt and a ball cap in January here.
The Following 78 Users Say Thank You to JBryan314 For This Useful Post:
240Geezer, 40cal, Adam Robinson XV, Armed in Alpharetta, BHump, billwilla, Bogeyman, BrotherDon, Burtenshaw, Byte, Camelfilter, canman, carpenb94m, cellblock776, Central IL Prepper, cerberusassoc, Christopher67, CourtJester60, Darthmuerte, Derv, DieselD, drray777, EB85, ECF, ehryk, Elessar, enough is enough, eritico, f402mech, ForgedInTheFlame, greenAR, Grevlin, harleyrider86, Harmless Drudge, hawk55732, HeavyHauler, Hungry, Hyperglo, IDwanderer, Inazone, InOmaha, jayclimber, jfone, jm19, john1969, JohnAmmo, Justme11, Kebler414, kfilly, KHos, lanman_cw, longhair51, McMacy, MEGAHAMMER, mfxman, Missilier, O:gweh ha'doiwas, Offrink, Ofurhang, OneLostCowboy, Popeye Doyle, PurpleWings, Rlyeh, Runamok, RW_in_DC, sarco2000, Slider, Spook, Sprig, Sue Doh Myn, swamp locos, ThatGermanNameGuy, The_Moat, Thinbluelinetx, Tracey, TriggerHappy, True Blue, udbknight
Old 07-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Deplorable

Thanked 13,845 Times in 3,506 Posts

The biggest potential problem with a group of minute men is training and organization. Who's going to lead? Who's going to strategize? I'll defer to ex-military to direct me through the paces ... a bunch of semi-auto range rats isn't worth much on their own without cohesive unit management and purpose.

As to gear, take a look at the regulars in any LGS ... not newbies, but real gun folks. There will be a mix of ARs and AKs, along with the hunters and their deer rifles. The ex-mil / LEO crowd will probably have a smattering of .308s and SBRs, and the vintage guys will bring their Mosins. There might even be a Gecko45 clown or two showing up in his mall ninja "Glock 'em All" costume. It will be the same rag tag collection from 240 years ago, except with higher quality firearms, more ammo, and dressed better.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:17 PM
Ultranationalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthmuerte View Post
You want weapons and gear to be standardized across the group. Especially everyone within a single area of operations. Do you foresee this hypothetical group having crew served weapons or indirect fire weapons?
obviously if such a group were to face against a modern foe, they would need to adopt a doctrine similar to that used by the Vietcong or other guerilla groups.
While I agree that a group fighting force like that is needed everywhere, I don't consider what you're describing to be "Minutemen". What you're describing is something I consider to be more advanced than Minutemen.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JBryan314 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2016, 09:17 PM
MortarMaggot

Thanked 3,145 Times in 1,197 Posts

While it would be nice to have standardized or semi-standardized set of gear for such a group, It's really not very practical. There is so much disagreement on what everyone thinks is best or what is a "must have" that you'd never get everyone to agree and a lot of people aren't going to spend money on stuff they don't want just to standardize with everyone else. The biggest thing is that everyone show up! That's the first and biggest hurdle. Also back then even though there were a lot less options for guns/gear and fedex wasn't delivering to the coloinies yet they still had different calibers and length muskets and rifles, few had pistols. Not to mention they didn't have a standard uniform. I think if you could agree to have at the time of mustering at least 1 functioning center fire rifle of your choice with at least 250 rounds (maybe an exception if you bring a 50bmg) if the gun takes mags, at least 1/2 the ammo already loaded in mags. Have a decent cleaning kit and a few basic tools for repair/maintenance and be dressed for the climate/season you are in and pack a bit of extra snivel gear and that's your start. Can you and should you bring more? Probably but showing up with a go bang and the bang bangs is the most important. Add whatever optics or additional sidearms gear etc. but when they start saying to come running, grab your ready ruck and gat ffs and get moving.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:19 PM
Ultranationalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye Doyle View Post
The biggest potential problem with a group of minute men is training and organization. Who's going to lead? Who's going to strategize? I'll defer to ex-military to direct me through the paces ... a bunch of semi-auto range rats isn't worth much on their own without cohesive unit management and purpose.

As to gear, take a look at the regulars in any LGS ... not newbies, but real gun folks. There will be a mix of ARs and AKs, along with the hunters and their deer rifles. The ex-mil / LEO crowd will probably have a smattering of .308s and SBRs, and the vintage guys will bring their Mosins. There might even be a Gecko45 clown or two showing up in his mall ninja "Glock 'em All" costume. It will be the same rag tag collection from 240 years ago, except with higher quality firearms, more ammo, and dressed better.
Agreed. It is impossible to expect any group of what you'd call Minutemen to be standardized in any way. So you need to lower the bar on standardization and just say that everyone needs weapons, ammo, decent clothes, a little water...
Old 07-06-2016, 09:19 PM
Deplorable and 3%

Thanked 25,500 Times in 5,381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post
While I agree that a group fighting force like that is needed everywhere, I don't consider what you're describing to be "Minutemen". What you're describing is something I consider to be more advanced than Minutemen.
I agree. My inspiration would be more like Ethan Allen and his Green Mountain Boys.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Darthmuerte For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2016, 09:21 PM
MortarMaggot

Thanked 3,145 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthmuerte View Post
One problem with that rifle is cost. Not everybody can afford it. Also, should the hypothetical group not form soon, said rifles may not be available. Just something to consider.
Not everyone can afford a lot, and if they can't but are willing to fight, perhaps they can borrow. Honestly you don't need a $1k, or $1.5K or $2K+ gogo gadget ranger go bang. Even new AR's can be had for under $599 and can be built for even less, and there are also always good used AR's to be found as well.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to billwilla For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2016, 09:26 PM
Master Rationalizer

Thanked 4,435 Times in 1,252 Posts

I'm not going to go into the full list in detail right now, but my group has been on top of this for quite some time.

Our area is pretty rural and mountainous, so it's pretty much a standard that all our vehicles are heavy with gear. GHB's are just a way of life. Besides that, we all carry, period--mostly open during the warmer months just because we can and it's such a pita to dress around a full frame carry when it's 90+ and we're active. Several of us were at the carnival with our kids last weekend and heard more than once from bystanders and ride operators a personal thanks, that it was comforting to see. (That by itself is really refreshing, people are really starting to wake up and notice).

Aside from all that, all my guys are land navigation comfortable, familiar with battle rifles of several platforms, we work squad movement and tactics regularly, and several of us are fluent in scout/long range effectiveness. While our battle rifles and bolt guns don't ride in our trucks with us as edc, there is never a time when at least a portion of us is more than a couple miles of being fully equipped. Each of us is fully compatible with each others weapons, and all of us in that category have enough to fully equip each other if the situation dictates it. While I would prefer my own AK and bolt action 7mm mag, I am not hindered by one of my groups ak's or ar's--whichever the case, and I know every other bolt action in my group well enough to be effective at 800+. With my 7mm, I'm good for 1500 yards under good conditions, a mile if everything is near perfect. 1k is as close to a guarantee as one can hope.

The whole point on this is to not only talk about it, but do it. Be as effective NOW as you can be. Tomorrow may be a day late.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to CORangefinder For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Learner

Mini-14 with Archangel Sparta Pistol Grip Stock and Armasight Vampire 3X night vision scope, 20 round mag
Tactical vest
Coonan Classic in .357mag
4 extra loaded mags for the Ruger (in map pocket)
6 extra loaded mags for the Coonan (front mag pockets)
Baofeng with headset
Bushnell night vision binoculars

Well, that's what I've got - planning on upgrading the scope and binocs at some point.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hidden Puma For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2016, 09:31 PM
People Are Not Good

Thanked 6,975 Times in 2,210 Posts

It's of my personal opinion that one of the top responsibilities of a militia is to protect the local people. If the US is invaded most of the military will go to fight said invasion. The National Guard might not be around to help us. A local militia is both the first and last line of defense of its people.

I would recommend medical training for every member. Not doctor level but CPR, proper wound care, setting broken bones. That sort of thing.

As others have said a standardization of fighting equipment is important.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:32 PM
New and yet, old

Thanked 10,721 Times in 2,203 Posts

and a more serious post from me:

ROBERT ROGERS' STANDING ORDERS
FOLLOWING TRADITIONS OF THE PAST

The first Rangers were formed in Europe during the Middle Ages to protect the land, under the direction of their king, searching for bandits and criminals. Modern day Rangers continue this tradition of “ranging” to their targets, using high-performance aircraft and vehicles to confront their opponents where they least expect it. Here are Rogers' Standing Orders:

1. Don’t forget nothing.

2. Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, sixty rounds powder and ball, and be ready to march at a minute’s warning.

3. When you are on the march, act the way you would if you were sneaking up on a deer. See the enemy first.

4. Tell the truth about what you see and what you do. There is an army depending on us for correct information. You can lie all you please when you tell other folks about the rangers, but don’t never lie to a ranger or officer.

5. Don’t never take a chance you don’t have to.

6. When we’re on march we march single file, far enough apart so no one shot can go through two men.

7. If we strike swamps, or soft ground, we spread out abreast, so it’s hard to track us.

8. When we march, we keep moving till dark, so as to give the enemy the least possible chance at us.

9. When we camp, half the party stays awake while the other half sleeps.

10. If we take prisoners, we keep ‘em separate till we have time to examine them, so they can’t cook up a story between ‘em.

11. Don’t ever march home the same way. Take a different route so you won’t be ambushed.

12. No matter whether we travel in big parties or little ones, each party has to keep a scout 20 yards ahead, 20 yards on each flank, and 20 yards in the rear, so the main body can’t be surprised and wiped out.

13. Every night you’ll be told where to meet if surrounded by a superior force.

14. Don’t sit down to eat without posting sentries.

15. Don’t sleep beyond dawn. Dawn’s when the French and Indians attack.

16. Don’t cross a river at a regular ford.

17. If somebody’s trailing you, make a circle, come back onto your own tracks, and ambush the folks that aim to ambush you.

18. Don’t stand up when the enemy’s coming against you. Kneel down, lie down, hide behind a tree.

19. Let the enemy come till he’s almost close enough to touch. Then let him have it and jump out and finish him up with your hatchet.

REVISED FROM MAJOR ROBERT ROGERS'

"28 RULES OF RANGING",c. 1789
Old 07-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,683 Times in 565 Posts

A timely thread one I wish would see more interest.

This http://www.dcclothesline.com/2016/07...d-martial-law/ is a major concern at least for those who live in urban areas/the suburbs and travel to high density areas daily/frequently. Drudge's "Smoking Gun" and a few other websites had covered the same story a month ago. "Yes" we have been through this before, in the late 1960's, though Bill Ayers, his Weathermen, the Black Panthers/Black Liberation Army along with other groups though violent didn't have the mass, instant communications resources ie. cellphones, texting, Twitter we have today to organize and direct the actions by their minions "second-by-second".

As always we should be preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. I stated over a year ago in previous threads the Liberal/Progressive scum (Socialists/Communists/Anarchists) and their BlackLivesMatter/La Raza allies will stop at nothing, even today as I predicted they are again exploiting the timely death of a criminal gene bearing thug in Baton Rouge to advance their cause and spur others to action "pre-election". They don't like to lose and believe me they are about to lose and lose badly with Trump emerging victorious on Nov 8th. Be forewarned they ARE invigorated and they will NOT go quietly.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jersey Jubal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,683 Times in 565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
and a more serious post from me:

ROBERT ROGERS' STANDING ORDERS
FOLLOWING TRADITIONS OF THE PAST

The first Rangers were formed in Europe during the Middle Ages to protect the land, under the direction of their king, searching for bandits and criminals. Modern day Rangers continue this tradition of ďrangingĒ to their targets, using high-performance aircraft and vehicles to confront their opponents where they least expect it. Here are Rogers' Standing Orders:

1. Donít forget nothing.

2. Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, sixty rounds powder and ball, and be ready to march at a minuteís warning.

3. When you are on the march, act the way you would if you were sneaking up on a deer. See the enemy first.

4. Tell the truth about what you see and what you do. There is an army depending on us for correct information. You can lie all you please when you tell other folks about the rangers, but donít never lie to a ranger or officer.

5. Donít never take a chance you donít have to.

6. When weíre on march we march single file, far enough apart so no one shot can go through two men.

7. If we strike swamps, or soft ground, we spread out abreast, so itís hard to track us.

8. When we march, we keep moving till dark, so as to give the enemy the least possible chance at us.

9. When we camp, half the party stays awake while the other half sleeps.

10. If we take prisoners, we keep Ďem separate till we have time to examine them, so they canít cook up a story between Ďem.

11. Donít ever march home the same way. Take a different route so you wonít be ambushed.

12. No matter whether we travel in big parties or little ones, each party has to keep a scout 20 yards ahead, 20 yards on each flank, and 20 yards in the rear, so the main body canít be surprised and wiped out.

13. Every night youíll be told where to meet if surrounded by a superior force.

14. Donít sit down to eat without posting sentries.

15. Donít sleep beyond dawn. Dawnís when the French and Indians attack.

16. Donít cross a river at a regular ford.

17. If somebodyís trailing you, make a circle, come back onto your own tracks, and ambush the folks that aim to ambush you.

18. Donít stand up when the enemyís coming against you. Kneel down, lie down, hide behind a tree.

19. Let the enemy come till heís almost close enough to touch. Then let him have it and jump out and finish him up with your hatchet.

REVISED FROM MAJOR ROBERT ROGERS'

"28 RULES OF RANGING",c. 1789

Thank you for sharing, it's a perfect compliment to Gen. Stonewall Jackson's maxims.

Gen. Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson CSA said it best:

"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible; and when you strike and overcome him, never let up in the pursuit so long as your men have strength to follow; for an army routed, if hotly pursued, becomes panic-stricken, and can then be destroyed by half their number."

"The other rule is, never fight against heavy odds, if by any possible maneuvering you can hurl your own force on only a part, and that the weakest part, of your enemy and crush it. Such tactics will win every time, and a small army may thus destroy a large one in detail, and repeated victory will make it invincible."

"War means fighting. The business of the soldier is to fight. Armies are not called out to dig trenches, to throw up breastworks, to live in camps, but to find the enemy and strike him; to invade his country, and do him all possible damage in the shortest possible time. This will involve great destruction of life and property while it lasts; but such a war will of necessity be of brief continuance, and so would be an economy of life and property in the end. To move swiftly, strike vigorously, and secure all the fruits of victory is the secret of successful war."'

"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a small force can defeat a large one every time."

"We must make this campaign an exceedingly active one. Only thus can a weaker country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in strength. A defensive campaign can only be made successful by taking the aggressive at the proper time. Napoleon never waited for his adversary to become fully prepared, but struck him the first blow."
Old 07-06-2016, 09:53 PM
People Are Not Good

Thanked 6,975 Times in 2,210 Posts

A set of Under Armour cold weather long johns would be a good idea. They can fold into nothing and really help you out in the cold.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JohnAmmo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2016, 10:03 PM
Gone Galt

Thanked 66,583 Times in 17,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post
We need to resist the guaranteed urge to add more and more and more gear to it. All of us are going to have an idea of what is absolutely necessary. A minuteman needs to be able to fight a short engagement at a moment's notice. Therefore he doesn't need a week of water or a ghillie suit or MREs or level III armor or night vision or 5,000 rounds of ammo.

Short engagements at a moment's notice. If we don't resist our urge to load ourselves down with every piece of equipment we feel is absolutely essential, then it'll take an hour to get it all together.

Here's my starting list:

Semi-automatic combat rifle, such as an AR, AK, M14 or Mini-14.

Semi-auto pistol with a decent ammo capacity preferable. Though I wouldn't scoff at anyone who brought a 1911.

Fighting knife that also performs well as a survival knife, I'll be bringing a Ka-Bar. (I say it needs to perform well as a survival knife, not because the engagement could last very long, but because the engagement could go wrong and you might end up traveling far in an evasion attempt. I do not believe Minutemen should be going and getting themselves into prolonged engagements without resupply. That goes back to my first point about Minutemen being there for short engagements.)

One liter of water, plus a Sawyer mini filter. Hopefully by the time the liter of water is exhausted, the engagement needs to be over. Minutemen are not there to fight prolonged battles without resupply.

Some sort of little energy bar or snack thing. Eat it on the way to the fight.

Sturdy fighting clothes and supportive shoes or boots with good socks. If you're a Minuteman, you don't have to dress like a multicam trooper or wear a ghillie suit. Just shoot for earthtones. If you have a body armor, toss it on, but most MM won't have it. Gloves you can shoot with would be nice.

Some kind of load bearing rig. Needs to be able to hold all of your ammo mags, if nothing else.

Standard combat load of ammo. For an AR, that's seven mags, 210 rounds. This is what makes the Minuteman a short term guy. He doesn't have ammo for days. That's not his purpose. If he's pushed into that purpose, he's done.

Three, four or five mags for the pistol, depending on what pistol you're carrying and what you have room for.

Flashlight would be nice. Nothing special like red lenses are needed if you don't have them. The enemy is going to know you're there. Again, as mentioned several times, you're a Minuteman, not a SF operator on a long term overnighter.

I don't really want to carry much else if I'm going to be expected to leave at a moment's notice.

Oh, and a change of socks. I don't care if the fight is in your front yard and you win it in thirty seconds. You have to change your socks. Toss a subdued color waterproof poncho in for good measure.

***Disclaimer*** This list is compiled by someone who lives in a region where the temps never drop below 30. You could go all day wearing blue jeans, a long sleeve shirt and a ball cap in January here.
Excellent.

Thank you.

How about an IFAK? Something small...one or two Israeli bandages/regular bandages, pack of blood clot, ace bandage, tiny boo boo kit. etc. Just something to patch your own minor hole or scratch/cut.

It would suck to bleed out from a extremity shot.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Grevlin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Gone Galt

Thanked 66,583 Times in 17,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye Doyle View Post

That is such a clear mental picture.

But all Patriots, those who decide to show up. We can work with that.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Grevlin For This Useful Post: