Disabled Preppers Group - Page 24 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cen/Northern California preppers group? Nightfyre Events, Connections and Get togethers 26 05-20-2019 06:45 PM
Junior/Youth Preppers Group DarkBlue General Discussion 2 06-02-2015 03:43 PM
upstate sc preppers group cougerfromal1 Events, Connections and Get togethers 28 12-30-2014 03:20 PM
Hello from Oregon - looking for group preppers knotredy New Member Introduction 18 03-18-2014 08:25 PM
Looking for preppers SHTF group in NW Ohio ins Events, Connections and Get togethers 1 04-08-2013 04:05 AM
Catholic Preppers Group SirThrivalist Religious Discussion 7 03-05-2013 06:26 AM
Disabled and Ill Preppers Thread Purdy Bear Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 62 11-16-2012 01:12 PM
interested in so. calif. preppers,lets group up! wearytraveler Urban Survival 2 02-24-2012 02:37 PM
New member group: Garden state preppers paddydd New Member Introduction 8 10-05-2011 01:21 AM

Old 04-25-2019, 05:10 PM

Advertise Here

Bumping this on General Principles.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2019, 05:42 PM

Default Another Bump

Not a lot of action here, but worth checking once in a while. Bump
Old 08-21-2019, 07:22 AM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Thanked 31,566 Times in 9,117 Posts

Another bump here too I guess.
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:01 AM
Prepper elite

Thanked 3,905 Times in 1,930 Posts

Hard bump to keep if alucd
Old 08-21-2019, 10:12 AM

Permanent disabled since 2004. May I join?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ready?mom For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 10:33 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,006 Times in 700 Posts

I am 66, had a heart attack at 60, have type II diabetes, and have two types of arthritis. I a retired at 60. I still try to hunt, fish when I can, and garden. However it is getting harder to hunt without joining a hunting club. Sold my fishing boat about 8 years ago. Hard to fish without a boat or knowing someone who live on the water. I recently fell and hurt my back. Still getting over it. It is a summer lost. However I am getting better. I was keeping everything under control until I fell down some steps after a rain.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dixie_Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 10:58 AM

I have been thinking about I would do if the SHTF. IN the past, I had dreams of having a compound for family and friends but life happened. I have been disabled all my life and just beginning to realize if SHTF happens within the next year I would be up the creek without a paddle and last a month maybe? I have a restrictive airway in two areas which make any exercise hard to get air in my lungs - I am fine at rest but any exercise will aggressive airflow and noisy breathing.
What group would want someone like me to give them away? OPSEC! Besides, my family (siblings and families) have normalcy biases. Some have some awareness of the problem but .... sorry for I am rambling a bit but I don’t really know what I should do.
The Following User Says Thank You to pittsanne For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 12:32 PM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude View Post
I am 66, had a heart attack at 60, have type II diabetes, and have two types of arthritis. I a retired at 60. I still try to hunt, fish when I can, and garden. However it is getting harder to hunt without joining a hunting club. Sold my fishing boat about 8 years ago. Hard to fish without a boat or knowing someone who live on the water. I recently fell and hurt my back. Still getting over it. It is a summer lost. However I am getting better. I was keeping everything under control until I fell down some steps after a rain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsanne View Post
I have been thinking about I would do if the SHTF. IN the past, I had dreams of having a compound for family and friends but life happened. I have been disabled all my life and just beginning to realize if SHTF happens within the next year I would be up the creek without a paddle and last a month maybe? I have a restrictive airway in two areas which make any exercise hard to get air in my lungs - I am fine at rest but any exercise will aggressive airflow and noisy breathing.
What group would want someone like me to give them away? OPSEC! Besides, my family (siblings and families) have normalcy biases. Some have some awareness of the problem but .... sorry for I am rambling a bit but I donít really know what I should do.
Hi there to both Dixie Dude and pittsanne. Would the 2 of you like to join the group or are you just posting in the thread? I apologize for not getting back to you sooner but I forget at times to check this thread.
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:39 PM

In a perfect world, I would join a MAG group. LOL my family or at least some of them think it will never happen and I am a little off the deep end in trying to prep. I have to say that the past year after moving to Madison, I have been lacking in my prepping effect but that is ending this month. Most of my supplies are still in Florida but started to restock what I need now with winter coming.

Very few people knows I am a prepper and have the tendency to be private about this and never really talk about it with someone. I was hoping this forum would give me info and “hope” for the future.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:08 AM

What's a MAG group. I dont know the acronym. I'm former army and survival has been something that has plagued me since my time in service. Thanks for the invite btw. I'm mike. Nice to meet everyone

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2019, 12:24 AM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael harpe View Post
What's a MAG group. I dont know the acronym. I'm former army and survival has been something that has plagued me since my time in service. Thanks for the invite btw. I'm mike. Nice to meet everyone

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
MAG means Mutual Assistance Group, which can provide support in the event of a natural disaster, other emergency and SHTF events if you need it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 04:54 PM
Prepper elite

Thanked 3,905 Times in 1,930 Posts

Bump it for you guys
Old 09-23-2019, 07:22 AM

My turn to bump it this time.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:04 PM

And I'll bump it again.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:04 PM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerphill View Post
And I'll bump it again.
I sure do appreciate you keeping this bumped Beemerphill, I keep getting sidetracked and forget all about it.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:21 PM

I'd like to join as well. I'm a disabled vet on insulin.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:45 PM
Prep to LIVE a good life!

Iím interested joining. As a BTK amputee, I am intrigued to read how others deal with prepping in respect to whatever their difficulties may be.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:52 PM

Just a bump to keep things going,