Creepy stories from the indoors - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creepy stories from the outdoors. MT Patriot Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 6415 12-09-2019 03:27 AM
Creepy stories not from the outdoors itslikethatross Urban Survival 96 06-22-2019 03:28 AM
Creepy/Scary Campfire Stories JJohnsonMtMan Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 04-01-2015 03:50 PM
Creepy Red*Lion General Discussion 0 01-23-2014 09:27 PM
Creepy men. Absolutely! Ladies Section 67 02-12-2013 12:32 AM
Can Anybody Say, Creepy?.......... MountainRecluse Controversial News and Alternative Politics 10 09-08-2010 08:12 PM

Old 12-27-2014, 11:58 AM
Why is the Rum gone?

Thanked 13,238 Times in 3,678 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BratetsKrolik View Post
You guys should invite an Orthodox priest to bless the house. These things will run away.
I'd be tempted to burn it down and call Allstate!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NoFlyZone For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 01:15 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,686 Times in 6,395 Posts

I have tried posting this story twice and something has not worked, maybe three is a charm.
I lived in a house that was used by the local seminary as a dorm, they sold it, and it became a rooming house for students,the private owner added a den off the kitchen.
If you sat in the den. You could hear a rocking chair in the kitchen, foot steps between the sink and where the old stove would be. smell wood smoke from the housekeeper cooking in the kitchen.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to swamppapa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Shuriken snowflake

Thanked 18,681 Times in 7,841 Posts

Used to live with shadow people and shadow cats. Got pretty desensitized. I really don't understand the spookiness. It turns into everyday life.

They moved out since many years. Just as well. It's not like they paid rent.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to speedofl33t For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,686 Times in 6,395 Posts

Different house same neighborhood same age of house 20 years later.
We moved into an old house the rent was right and the house huge.
The basement had the bad feeling evil get in and out feel to it so that was the way we treated it.
The kids bedroom was on the second floor at the top of the stairs the closet had a hook and eye closure like on a screen door I didn't think much of it when we moved in.

The kids would start playing up there and when I would check on them they seemed happy if they were playing a game that had places,cards, board game, tea party, they would have n extra place. I didn't think anything of it till one night as I was to caking them in I pushed the closet door closed and all three sat up I their beds and told me to leave it open because the little girl didn't like being closed in there. And as soon as I heard them say it I knew it was true. I went and got a set of pliers and took the latch off before I finished tucking them in. Then as I was tucking them I they each told me she said "thank you " . She played with the kids the full 2 years we lived there.

Speaking of closets I'm a all the way open or all the way closed closet door person anyone else have a preference?
Old 12-27-2014, 07:03 PM
Why is the Rum gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofl33t View Post
Used to live with shadow people and shadow cats. Got pretty desensitized. I really don't understand the spookiness. It turns into everyday life.

They moved out since many years. Just as well. It's not like they paid rent.
Since they moved out, have you ever wondered where they went?
The Following User Says Thank You to NoFlyZone For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 09:11 PM
Omnes homines resurgere

Thanked 1,736 Times in 444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8R View Post
I'd be tempted to burn it down and call Allstate!
Don't think the idea didn't occur to everyone involved. The last I heard of the place (after sis moved out) was that things were escalating back to where they had been before the blessing.

Obviously something very evil is in that place.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DarkPhoenix13 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 09:38 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,378 Times in 1,094 Posts

We hear footsteps often, smell coffee when not a single grain is in the house (we don't drink coffee), see shadows. We know who it is.

At work, computer mouse moves on it own, fake tree moves (no drafts or air vents nearby), dors open, files go missing (2 days is record), footsteps are heard, you also feel you are watched upstairs.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to catlady12 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 10:07 PM
Trying to Catch-up

Thanked 35,259 Times in 15,055 Posts

These stories are giving me the creeps! I think I'm going to have trouble going to sleep tonight
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kokosmom2 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2014, 12:12 AM
Man in the desert

Thanked 17,550 Times in 4,786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady12 View Post
We hear footsteps often, smell coffee when not a single grain is in the house (we don't drink coffee), see shadows. We know who it is.
Well, who is it?
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to grant80 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2014, 12:27 AM
Survivor

Thanked 16,271 Times in 5,561 Posts

Heard this one...

At our local mental hospital, in one of the wards there's a caged off area. A new guy was doing rounds when he froze looking in the caged area. In the darkness, he could see a form in a wooden chair that looked just like the head and shoulders of a person sitting there. As he stood there trying to figure out the shadow. An older staff member walked up and snickered and said that shadow got everyone, but it was a neat illusion they'd seen for years. The 'head' was a combination shadow of a rolled rug on a filing cabinet and the pull handle of the shelf resting near by and the 'shoulder' was the cast shadow of the back of a chair in between.

He got use to seeing it and jokingly called out 'evening' when he did his rounds regularly after initially fearing he might get a response.

One day they heard an inexplicable noise, some sort of startled shriek. A staff member was standing there, staring into the cage. The gate was still locked. The up front chair was still there, the rug was still there as was the drawer with the pull handle...but the wooden chair was laying on it's side and the shadow image of a sitting person was gone!

So there they were, standing there staring wide eyed at into the cage and wondering where the heck the person like shadow went when they heard steps coming up behind them!

Imagine those seconds before they dared to turn around.

It was just a patient who'd peed himself and needed a change of linen.

I've been told that given enough time in service, it's hard to tell the staff from the patients.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Prepping For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2014, 02:44 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,779 Times in 5,041 Posts

My wife and I bought a house a year after we got married that had only had one owner for the previous 60 years. Her husband worked in the coal mine that was active in the area when the house was new and had died young of black lung. The woman raised 2 daughters on her own in that house and continued living there after both girls had grown and moved out. She'd gone into a nursing home a couple years before we bought the place and died within that year. The kids were selling the house but it had been on the market for over a year when we got to it. There'd been several contracts on it, but they kept falling through on financing (this was a lower price range house.)
Anyway, I'm convinced some part of her hung on to the home she'd lived in for so long. There were some uncomfortable feelings of a presence, especially in the '2nd bedroom' which was a narrow room with no closet that opened off the main bedroom. Odd noises were pretty common, heard even by our cat who would trot off to go check them out. Mostly we blew it off as a noisy structure. We'd even had a couple overnight guests comment that the house made a lot of creepy sounds at night. The most disturbing thing was after a few months of living there, my wife asked me what in the heck I managed to forget when leaving for work every single morning. Her job was later in the day so she was still in bed when I'd leave in the mornings. I had no idea what she was talking about, and she told me that every morning a few minutes after I left she'd hear the back door open again, and assumed that I had come back for something I'd forgotten. That wasn't the case.

After 2 or 3 years of living there, we no longer felt an "extra" person in the house, and the noises had either quit or we got so used to them we no longer noticed.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Lord Darwath For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2014, 08:56 PM
Why is the Rum gone?

If you want to see some really creepy stuff, watch a show on the travel channel called "Ghost Adventures".
They film stuff that is really hard to "Poo Poo".
Old 12-29-2014, 01:26 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,779 Times in 5,041 Posts

Quote:
If you want to see some really creepy stuff, watch a show on the travel channel called "Ghost Adventures".
They film stuff that is really hard to "Poo Poo".

Seriously? Mr. Zack "I'm going to dare the ghost to touch me, then scream like a little girl and run away when I think I feel something" Baggins?

That show is a prime model of how not to be taken seriously.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lord Darwath For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2014, 11:35 AM
Why is the Rum gone?

Yea, he's a puss, but you can't refute some of the things they've captured on camera.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Shuriken snowflake

Thanked 18,681 Times in 7,841 Posts

Quote:
Since they moved out, have you ever wondered where they went?
They stayed at the neighbors' place a while but after that they disappeared and nope I don't know where. Don't care either.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to speedofl33t For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2014, 08:49 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,479 Times in 906 Posts

First wife an me lived in a apt an she would wake me at 3 am sometimes telling me some one was trying to get in she said some one was turning the door knob . Well I would get up an check nothing there ??? well one day she laid down to nap an I sat in the living room I heard the door knob turn I turn an saw it turning I am like 5 feet from it .I grab the knob an throw the door open nothing there screen door still shut no way any one was there .An when I say I saw it turn it was turning back an forward all the way
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to long knives For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2014, 10:12 PM
Sheepdog

Thanked 3,241 Times in 1,031 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix13 View Post
A couple of years ago the house my sister was living in became something of a problem.

They would hear footsteps from the floor above, when they knew that no one was up there; They would see shadowy forms out of the corner of their eyes; And they would constantly have the strong feeling of dread, no matter what room of the house they were in.

This creepy feeling actually increased over time as the happenings became much more frequent and much more ominous. Ghostly knocking and voices became the norm; literally it was a daily occurrence. The shadows became more defined and would literally sit in dark corners and watch a rooms occupants for extended periods of time. They began to avoid parts of the house where activity seemed to pick up in intensity when they were in it.

Then there were two very strange and terrifying occurrences really shook us up.

The first happened to my brother one night when he went to stay. He decided to sleep on their couch instead of a guest room, since the living room had become something of a hotspot in recent times. He awoke suddenly in the middle of the night and became aware of a black figure in the room that was darker than the night around it. It paces the room soundlessly for a short period of time, then it seemed to crawl up a wall and melt into the ceiling above. The area, when he examined it in the morning, was approximately where our sisters room was, one floor above.

The second happened a few weeks later. My sister was asleep in her bed when she felt the mattress shift and sink, as if someone had sat down beside her. She sat up and began to say the Lord's prayer while she reached for a small bottle of holy water she had purchased. She daubed the 4 corners of the bed and commanded the spirit to leave her in peace. What happened next terrified her so much she called both my brother and I in the middle of the night.

As she commanded the spirit to depart, she suddenly heard a growl that chilled her blood. Then the bed began to shake violently while the growling continued. This lasted for about 30 seconds, then ended abruptly. At this point she turned on the lights, called us frantically, and dressed to leave immediately.

She made arrangements to have the house blessed, but it turns out that such things sometimes have to be scheduled several weeks in advance (much to my surprise). During the waiting period, a local ghost hunting group heard about the house and asked to do an investigation. Seeing as how she didn't have any other means of addressing the problem, she agreed.

The group did a 6 hour walk through investigation, followed by another 6 where the recorders and cameras were left to run in the empty house. While they caught nothing on video and still cameras, the audio was described to me as "One of the most chilling 12 hours of audio they'd ever experienced". They tallied no fewer than 5 different voices speaking during the entire length, the majority being female. There were a lot of unknown noises that they could not figure out a source, mainly in the vein of things being moved or bangs and crashes. The final voice was what they pegged as "male" but even the lead investigator said he had never heard such a deep and terrifying male voice. While some of the female voices could be understood, the male voice was unintelligible and consisted of raspy words and growls. The final nail in the proverbial coffin on the audio occurred during the part where no one was in the house. At some time around 4 in the morning, madness seemed to have broken out in the place. For a stretch of about 10 minutes, two separate audio recorders captured what I will describe as a temper tantrum. The stretch began with the voices talking to each other in an agitated state. Then you hear LOUD footsteps going up the stairs, followed by a series of booms and crashes, as if someone was taking the house apart looking for something. Then it goes quiet for a moment, then the female voices begin to murmur to each other. Suddenly there is a large explosion of sound as whatever went up the stairs comes back down, even louder than before. The female voices totally cease and a very distinct growling can be heard. Then there is a very loud crash, which seemed to have been the table where the recorder was placed, since you can head the recorder bouncing on the wood. Then the sequence ends with the basement door being opened violently, and what sounds like something scuttling down the stairs. Not human footsteps, but something going on more than two legs. Then everything stopped, and the house is silent until the team returns and turns off the equipment.

Needless to say, my sister went to her church and told them about this. The house blessing/cleansing was done within days. Long story short, they had to do it twice, as the priest said he still felt the presence fighting back as he was blessing the house during round one. The second time seemed effective, and the house was quiet for a couple of months. Then the process began again. This time my sister opted to move out instead of going through the whole thing again. She also suspected that a room mate might have been dabbling in something dark, and might have been actively calling it back.
Wow, I had chills reading that. The dark arts are something not to mess with, who knows what the room mate was up to.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Renegade Ziggy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2014, 10:22 PM
Junior Oldie

Thanked 1,137 Times in 448 Posts

This afternoon, I was visiting some acquaintances that own a local business and we got to talking. They had just caught a mouse in a trap so we were talking about pests getting in the house. This fall, they had two copperheads come into their house. They didn't know it until they found snake skin sheds on the top of their curtains. The snakes apparently came in through a gap around the window air conditioner, which is right by the wife's side of the bed. A few nights before finding the sheds, she had heard rustling type noises and her husband said it was probably just some bugs. She felt something brush her hand that night and shook it off. Their little dog was acting weird and wouldn't go in the bedroom. They found the first snake as the wife went into the bathroom and she wound up standing on the toilet and yelling for the husband. The second snake was coiled up in one of her shoes.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:31 PM
Sheepdog

Thanked 3,241 Times in 1,031 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepping View Post
Heard this one...

At our local mental hospital, in one of the wards there's a caged off area. A new guy was doing rounds when he froze looking in the caged area. In the darkness, he could see a form in a wooden chair that looked just like the head and shoulders of a person sitting there. As he stood there trying to figure out the shadow. An older staff member walked up and snickered and said that shadow got everyone, but it was a neat illusion they'd seen for years. The 'head' was a combination shadow of a rolled rug on a filing cabinet and the pull handle of the shelf resting near by and the 'shoulder' was the cast shadow of the back of a chair in between.

He got use to seeing it and jokingly called out 'evening' when he did his rounds regularly after initially fearing he might get a response.

One day they heard an inexplicable noise, some sort of startled shriek. A staff member was standing there, staring into the cage. The gate was still locked. The up front chair was still there, the rug was still there as was the drawer with the pull handle...but the wooden chair was laying on it's side and the shadow image of a sitting person was gone!

So there they were, standing there staring wide eyed at into the cage and wondering where the heck the person like shadow went when they heard steps coming up behind them!

Imagine those seconds before they dared to turn around.

It was just a patient who'd peed himself and needed a change of linen.

I've been told that given enough time in service, it's hard to tell the staff from the patients.
I did security at a hospital for a number of years, night shift, 7 pm to 7am. The hospital was a small one, 2 stories, mainly to stabilize folks to send them to bigger hospitals, and the top floor, where DNR's or folks circling the drain went to pass away.

There wasn't a lot of staff, and in the cold winter months the place could be unbearably lonely. While working such long, late shifts, my eyes and mind would always play tricks on me. Seeing figures and shadows in the corner of my eyes, hearing voices. One night while taking a break in the upstairs sleeplab, which used to be the OR years ago. A friend and I heard loud, raspy breathing coming from one of the empty rooms, it got louder and louder until my friend, a devout Christian, said a prayer and it went away.

Patients and staff alike would always talk of seeing a black cloaked figure walk into rooms, shortly after that patient would pass away.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:49 PM

Back in late August of 2008, I was on the computer around 1 in the morning when my then 3-year old son came into the room and told me that there was something in his room. He had never done this before nor since. I walked him back to bed and stayed with him a few minutes until he went back to sleep. Around 7:30 that morning, my mother called to tell me that my grandmother had passed away around 1 in the morning. I don't know if she visited any of her other great grandkids, grandkids, or kids that night, but I really believe that she checked on at least one before she left here.