Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
night vision? bobbydeadup Military Weapons Forum 259 07-31-2015 02:15 PM
Night vision hammerhead1948 Firearms General Discussion 4 10-02-2013 10:39 AM
Night vision? punkwaffen Reviews and questions 30 12-22-2012 03:39 PM
Vision RVM45 Books, Movies & Stories 6 09-05-2012 04:18 PM
ATN Night Vision????? 700xx Rifle Forum 8 12-09-2011 12:20 AM
Night vision yay or nay SouthernPride Firearms General Discussion 16 10-05-2010 06:10 PM
Red Elk's Great Vision Skyking Religious Discussion 13 05-31-2010 11:32 PM
Night Vision heinerken Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 39 04-07-2010 01:41 AM
Night vision shrink Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 20 01-01-2010 10:29 PM
For those without perfect vision. kahn Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 15 12-07-2009 09:17 PM

Old 01-31-2012, 04:51 PM

Advertise Here

Hi,
I realise that I am new here but, my dad says that Billy Graham was anti semitic and in cahoots with President Nixon. I have seen stuff on the net related to this. I am only 20 and it doesnt mean much to me as such cos its an old argument, but what do you think?
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Amos 8:11-12

I think many here are confusing their premonitions, conscience or angelic guidance for visions. Biblically recorded visions were, as far as I know, given while the person was wide awake and recounted in precise detail by those who had them. Many times they didn't have a clue about what they saw until it was revealed to them the actual meaning.

Other times guidance or divine knowledge was given as a dream while sleeping. Many people, believer and non-believer, have had divine intervention into their affairs. All of these events are directed to glorify GOD in some manner.

I have never personally had a vision. I have had a few dreams which could have been interpreted as divinely given but since they were not clear to me I’m not sure of their intent. There has been divine intervention in my and my family’s lives on numerous occasions. The most definite supernatural one was hearing a voice, neither male nor female in tone, tell me that I had nothing to fear just prior to our unit launching the breach into Kuwait. That happened while I was wide awake and in the middle of the day.

On the flip side, I have also had what I felt were dark forces try to influence me to do things contrary to GOD’s law. So we have to weigh our interactions with the spirit world to ensure we are acting according to GOD’s plans. The deceiver will try to get us to believe his message is from GOD when it’s not. Weigh any vision, dream, voice, or whatever against scripture and if it doesn’t add up it isn’t from GOD.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:49 AM
Hiker

"Weigh any vision, dream, voice, or whatever against scripture and if it doesn’t add up it isn’t from GOD."

Amen! And while you might disagree, I think anything we hear, or read, practice or even think, should be set alongside the scripture and weighed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,690 Times in 1,899 Posts
Exclamation Call on Jesus

Old 02-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 47,959 Times in 14,670 Posts

Visions can mean many different things and be given through many different ways.

Whether or not that lines up with scripture is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Hiker

"Whether or not that lines up with scripture is in the eye of the beholder."

Actually, and not trying to be contentious, I believe whether or not that lines up with scriptures, is in the light of the scriptures. For among all things, only the Word of God is objective, absolute...

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." 1 Peter 1:23.

In the eye of the beholder is ultimate subjectivity, for what if the beholder has bad vision, or worse, a bad bellyache?

The spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets, "And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets", 1 Cor 14:32.

The Word of God is absolute, it is not and will never be, subjective. It stands alone, incorruptible, regardless of where we stand.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 47,959 Times in 14,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgunbill
Actually, and not trying to be contentious, I believe whether or not that lines up with scriptures, is in the light of the scriptures. For among all things, only the Word of God is objective, absolute...
ShotgunBill, actually you made a great point in how YOU see the scripture, that was my point all along, eye of the beholder. I just view the scriptures in a different light.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:30 PM
What are you looking at!

For all of you that are still reading this, hear is my story, about 8 years ago i tried to commit suscide on two different occasions , obviously failed at that and i thank God that im still here, It was not long after that my wife and i bought a home and i was installing some new lighting in the kitchen, the wife and i steped out on to the back porch and started talking, anyhow this vision came so strong that i couldnt see out of my eyes and i couldnt hear a thing my wife was saying to me, it was so clear it looked like Jesus and he said to me "It's not yet your time, I need you down there for the war" so i have been preparing for all kinds of different things, war on Christianity,Political war, and also a conventional war, hope the last one doesnt happen.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Hiker

"...so i have been preparing for all kinds of different things, war on Christianity,Political war, and also a conventional war, hope the last one doesnt happen."

But we all know that those things will happen...it is the history of mankind, and the providence of ungenerated man.

And God loves us enough, to help us to be prepared. And no one can dictate how God speaks, or by what agency, or manner.

Oh, and by the way. I don't know how old you are, but I'm 62, and everytime I stand up suddenly, I feel waves of disorientation, imbalance, nausea...and I get visions of the world around me moving, and voice within me usually says, "Stupid...don't get up so quick. You're not as young as you used to be".

And guess what? The voice is generally always right? Ain't life funny?
Old 02-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,524 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunbill View Post
"...so i have been preparing for all kinds of different things, war on Christianity,Political war, and also a conventional war, hope the last one doesnt happen."

But we all know that those things will happen...it is the history of mankind, and the providence of ungenerated man.

And God loves us enough, to help us to be prepared. And no one can dictate how God speaks, or by what agency, or manner.

Oh, and by the way. I don't know how old you are, but I'm 62, and everytime I stand up suddenly, I feel waves of disorientation, imbalance, nausea...and I get visions of the world around me moving, and voice within me usually says, "Stupid...don't get up so quick. You're not as young as you used to be".

And guess what? The voice is generally always right? Ain't life funny?
Heck-- You are still young. Jump up and run. Pops
Old 02-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Hiker

"Heck-- You are still young. Jump up and run. Pops"

Pops, deferring as always I strive to do, to both years of experience and superior wisdom...I tried it like you said.

And ran into the wall, hurt my back, hit my nose, knocked my glasses off, and swallowed a very large chaw of Juicy Fruit chewing gun, which went down the wrong way.

What's the name of your insurance company again???
Old 02-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Hiker

Okay, Praise the Lord for his blessings and mercy. I have been blessed with visions and messages that were specific for me. Back when I got saved I had a dream where Dr. Estep kept yelling " read 2 timothy verse 10 and live it!" This was a powerful message that I should come out of my spiritual closet and start sharing the Gospel. Back in '97 I had a dream about the endtimes That explained how mankinds move towrard transhumanistic philosophy and science will be the mark of our desire to separate from God. This dream was very detailed and had me waking up shaking.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4norsemen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2012, 10:32 PM

This is a dream that I had years ago. I knew at the time that it was from God.

In the dream, our family is walking down a path with arms linked. I am walking beside my oldest daughter and we are walking pretty closely together. All of a sudden, a very large snake slithers between my daughter and me and creates a distance. I am bewildered and feel alarmed. I look up, to the side of the road, after sensing a presence. I see a very old man standing beside the road. He has a staff in his hand and a very long white beard. He is short (a little shorter than I am and that is short) and has a very weathered face. What strikes me though is the kindness and compassion in his eyes as he looks at me. I feel that he represents Wisdom (the Holy Spirit). He then says, "They always come that way" as he looks in the distance, prompting me to look back too (behind me). I look back and see a really mean- looking, large python coming fast at us. This is where the dream stopped.

I instinctively knew that the snake intended to harm my daughter. I will never forget how powerful and fierce this snake appeared. I told my daughter that she needed to be careful.

The first serpent was the first boyfriend. She met him in college, he was older and Arab. He was an active member of the honor society, as was my daughter. I could not believe what was happening with this child. She knew the Scripture, was a youth leader, had given her life to the Lord, and was incredibly bright. I battled with her to break off the relationship before it gained any steam. This guy was smooth, very intelligent, popular, and very scary. She did break it off before it got serious, but resented me for interfering. She was a straight A student and had always made really good choices. Sure enough, that incident created a rift between us. As she began rebelling in earnest, the second serpent appeared. He was a complete narcissist and seriously emotionally disturbed. She did get involved with this one and he just about destroyed her. It took her several years to recuperate herself due to the psychological and emotional abuse he inflicted.

We almost lost this child. That dream really helped to sustain me through the most frightening times when I did not think she was going to come out of that relationship alive. God had told me that this horrible time was coming and I had to believe that He would get us through it and restore her to herself.

As a parent, nothing is more horrible than seeing your child shredded by a sadist (in active rebellion against God). She was in so much pain and in her mind (due to his manipulation), we were the enemy. Finally though, love won out and she realized that we loved her, without reservation. She left him and began the long journey back to sanity and wholeness.

Today, she is a beautiful, caring, and thoughtful single mom who chose life for herself and our precious grand baby. She finished school, became a teacher, and is a much stronger and kinder person because of this trial. She rededicated her life to the Lord and is active in her church. I feel very thankful for God's faithfulness through the dark nights that we have to walk through at times in this life.
The Following User Says Thank You to marie888 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,524 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunbill View Post
"Heck-- You are still young. Jump up and run. Pops"

Pops, deferring as always I strive to do, to both years of experience and superior wisdom...I tried it like you said.

And ran into the wall, hurt my back, hit my nose, knocked my glasses off, and swallowed a very large chaw of Juicy Fruit chewing gun, which went down the wrong way.

What's the name of your insurance company again???
-- I found out that you have to be tough to get old, or old makes you tough , I don't know. Pops